9/11 EXPOSED

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-03-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: 9/11 EXPOSED
(09-03-2015 09:12 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I think a haldol/Ativan cocktail might be overkill - will administer PRN. PO meds should be sufficient.

[Image: risperdal-lawsuit1.jpg]

Sheesh. What did I get myself into by stepping into this thread? If only conspiracy theorists would channel the outrage and curiosity into something useful. It's amazing how reading comprehension goes down the shitter when the words don't fall in line with strongly held beliefs.

1. I remember Ativan. Smile

2. I used to research conspiracy theories a lot and believed a few. Almost went nuts trying to reconcile them.

And then I started the 8th grade...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 06:43 PM
(10-03-2015 12:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I wonder why not a single qualified engineer, fabricator or architect has implied that something other than a fucking jet-liner crashing into the Towers and then exploding brought them down? Consider Such a mystery huh? Facepalm

Forget the lack of qualified people on this. Let's just focus on the conspiracy. I'm supposed to believe that the US government:
1. got a whole bunch of explosives without anyone knowing about it
2. drove them into lower Manhattan and unloaded them - without anyone ever seeing them
3. wired explosives into two 110 story buildings without ANYONE seeing it or ANYONE noticing it
4. blew up the buildings without anyone watching it happen.

All without a single witness to this massive effort ever coming forward and claiming to be involved despite the fact that hundreds of people would have to be involved in this effort not one person has EVER come forward. The government managed that. The same government that couldn't launch a fucking website similar to what Progressive has is supposed to have done all this.

This is me every time I read about this stupidity --> Hobo

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
10-03-2015, 06:44 PM
(10-03-2015 03:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yep, everyone can also be a surgeon by watching Greys Anatomy, and just about any fool can be a lawyer if they've ever watched two epsisodes of law and order. Tongue

As a lawyer, I find that highly insulting. You need, like, an entire season of law and order to do that. Possibly 2.

Don't short change my career choices like that.

[+] 6 users Like BnW's post
10-03-2015, 06:48 PM
(10-03-2015 06:44 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 03:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yep, everyone can also be a surgeon by watching Greys Anatomy, and just about any fool can be a lawyer if they've ever watched two epsisodes of law and order. Tongue

As a lawyer, I find that highly insulting. You need, like, an entire season of law and order to do that. Possibly 2.

Don't short change my career choices like that.

I've watched The Paper Chase (movie and series)... can I be a lawyer too?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-03-2015, 07:00 PM
No. It's too dated. All the law there is stale.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
10-03-2015, 07:00 PM
(10-03-2015 05:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 05:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, and a Section 8. Yes

He's also a qualified chest cutter now.

And a gas passer. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-03-2015, 12:01 PM
(09-03-2015 09:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 08:41 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  A single floor assembly outside the core was 750 tons. The aircraft was less than 200 tons, so the weight of the plane compared to the weight of the upper portion of the north tower was irrelevant.

But it was less than 15 stories against 90 stories that had to get stronger and heavier all of the way down in order to be capable of supporting the weight above.

I did do a model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caATBZEKL4c

What do you have besides condescending talk moron? You talk about dropping a bowling ball onto something with a completely different material and structure. I dropped multiple levels onto multiple levels of the same structure which is what had to happen with the north tower. What happened on 9/11 that was like your stacked wood falling over? They would not even damage themselves when they hit the floor.

psik

Saw your video, hope you didn’t waste too much time on it as it doesn’t have any resemblance to what actually happened.

Protip: The model has to replicate the actual design and construction and not be some poorly thought out vertical closet pole with little weights and paper doughnuts. At the very least you should have thrown a minature flaming model airplane carrying a cannister of jet fuel at your “model”. At least that would have been fun to watch. Thumbsup

I graduated from college with a BS in Construction Management and a minor in Architecture. Curriculum included design and strength of materials to just name two of the many courses required for my degree. I then went on to become a Certified General Contractor supervising the construction of many structures throughout my twenty year career including multi-story buildings. So when I tell you that you are showing a lack of understanding of building design take my word for it.

It is apparent from your posts you don’t understand modern high rise design or building materials. Leave the analysis to the professionals before you embarrass yourself any further.

EDIT: Before you try and build another “model” educate yourself on vectors, load transfer, applied strength of materials, material elasticity, thermal loading and limiting strength criteria just to name a few. Oh, and theories of failures ‘cause that one might be important. Rolleyes

You mean a multi-level structure capable of supporting its own weight could not completely collapse due to the drop of its top 12% onto the rest which is supposedly what happened to the north tower.

Yes, it is so SCIENTIFIC that no engineering school has even tried to duplicate the phenomenon. How may schools can you find that have made any official statements regarding the physics of 9/11?

Bazant was at MIT but has the school administration said they support his findings?

No school has even mentioned the the NIST has not so much as specify the amount of concrete in the towers. I guess they did not notice. The same for the center of mass for the tilted top portion of the south tower. Laugh out load

psik
11-03-2015, 12:08 PM
While I find your attempt to replicate the event with a model commendable there are a few problems. When dealing with scale models it is important to scale all the coefficients involved as well. One of the things they teach in intro structural classes is that for civil projects this simply isn't feasible. That's why we DONT build models most of the time (excepting things like pipe systems for city water supplies). Instead we rely upon mathematical models. And the math behind the collapse corroborates the stated explanation.
11-03-2015, 01:15 PM
(11-03-2015 12:01 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  You mean a multi-level structure capable of supporting its own weight could not completely collapse due to the drop of its top 12% onto the rest which is supposedly what happened to the north tower.

It is not a "multi-level structure". It is a single self-supporting structure.
The floors are suspended from the structure and do not support each other - no floor bears the weight of another.

The building is not made of floors stacked one on top of another.

When the floor support was weakened by the fire, the floors started to detach from the structure.
The weight of a floor dropping onto the one below detached it as it was already weakened. The combined mass of several floors continued the job.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-03-2015, 01:57 PM
(11-03-2015 01:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is not a "multi-level structure". It is a single self-supporting structure.
The floors are suspended from the structure and do not support each other - no floor bears the weight of another.

The building is not made of floors stacked one on top of another.

When the floor support was weakened by the fire, the floors started to detach from the structure.
The weight of a floor dropping onto the one below detached it as it was already weakened. The combined mass of several floors continued the job.

... *And yet* multi-level blah de fucking blah, I'll just restate my stupid argument using different words.

Dodgy

Why does not a single one of these trolls who seek to inform us benighted peasants about the True Nature of the World *ever* say anything interesting? I mean, for a start, if you're right, *why* should I fucking care that your stupid government conspired to blow your fucking tower to pieces? If they did... what? Does my life suddenly change? Or is it just that you seek company in tinfoil-hat wearing paradise?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post