9/11 EXPOSED

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2015, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 12:22 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: 9/11 EXPOSED
(20-03-2015 11:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know. NDT picked on Titanic because Cameron paid such incredible attention to detail, yet when recreating the night of sinking he got all the stars in the sky wrong. It wasn't like he was impugning the way the ship was constructed. It was also fixed in the blue ray release I think.

I know Gravity was set in space....yeah I'd call that his territory. Interstellar sounds spacey too.

I don't get what this guy is going on about.

Well, when a 3 year old child starts whining when he's told it's nap time and he starts going on and on about how Elmo and Bigbird need his help so he should get a cookie for being a good boy; how much of that do attribute to anything sensible? I'm sure it makes plenty of sense to the kid, but the rest of us in the real world using adult logic have trouble parsing the connected dots because they have no discernible pattern outside of what the kid has imagined.

So no, I wouldn't attribute anything in his rambling as anything more than supremely ignorant out-of-control pattern recognition. He's connecting all of the dots, except the ones he already doesn't like, and will invent new dots as needed to reach his conclusion.

I mean, a dowel rod and metal washers. Really? Fucking really? Let's model the destruction of Pompeii with baking soda and vinegar while we're at it!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-03-2015, 06:32 AM
So I watched the video. And that is NOT a model of what happened.

The WTC was supported by two concentric systems of steel support columns. It was designed VERY well, so that if any of the columns were knocked out the load would be redistributed to the remaining columns. However this increased the amount of loading that each column was under.

The maximum allowable deformation for any beam due to loading is a function of its length, its shape, and something called the modulus for that material. Deformation, btw, is what we call the deflection of the beam. It can compress, expand, or bend a certain amount before the material loses its integrity and collapses. By this we can find what the maximum allowable load for each beam is. After the beam exceeds the amount of stress it doesn't just crumble, it buckles. The beam has lost its strength, because the beam has changed shape.

Ok, fine. But I said that the structure was very well designed, that the load just transferred. Yes, it did. But deformation is also a function of heat. The columns were under additional stress due to the added loads. The heat didn't have to melt the beams, just put enough extra stress on the beams to where they past the max point.
[+] 8 users Like natachan's post
21-03-2015, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 10:13 AM by psikeyhackr.)
(21-03-2015 06:32 AM)natachan Wrote:  So I watched the video. And that is NOT a model of what happened.

The WTC was supported by two concentric systems of steel support columns. It was designed VERY well, so that if any of the columns were knocked out the load would be redistributed to the remaining columns.

Are you saying that the top 13% of the north tower which was lighter and weaker did not fall onto the lower 85% which was stronger and heavier?

Obviously the model is not a tube-in-tube design. Each WTC had 2800 perimeter panels from the 9th floor to the top. A really good model would have to have hundreds if not thousands of components and would require a consistent method of controlling the strength of the connections between the "floors" and the core and the perimeter columns. The only method I can think of for doing that consistently without making a REALLY BIG model would be to use a 3-D printer.

But that would still leave the problem of duplicating the mass distribution down the tower. If you want accuracy why haven't you said anything about that? Without that data a truly accurate model cannot be made.

But there seems to be a shortage of collapse believers demanding that information.

But crushing the paper loops still requires energy and the only source is the kinetic energy of the falling mass. It slows down in the process of flattening loops. The components of Jenga towers do not sustain damage so comparing them to the WTC is total nonsense. Why weren't you saying how defective that comparison was? Laugh out load

So where is the better model that can completely collapse?

psik
21-03-2015, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 10:10 AM by psikeyhackr.)
(20-03-2015 11:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your logic is "Tyson conveniently hasn't said anything about 9-11, therefore he is a hack." Learn how to reason dumbass. That's so incredibly stupid, it's not even wrong.

I know Gravity was set in space....yeah I'd call that his territory. Interstellar sounds spacey too.

Where did I call anyone a hack?

I did not say he had not said ANYTHING about 9/11. I said he has not provided his opinion on the ability of the consequences of airliner impacts causing the collapses.

Putting words in other people's mouths is such a brilliant tactic. I think I will try it.

OH I forgot. When NDT joined the Astrophysicists Union he agreed not to discuss weird physics on the Earth's surface. Laugh out load

psik
21-03-2015, 10:27 AM
(21-03-2015 08:32 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 06:32 AM)natachan Wrote:  So I watched the video. And that is NOT a model of what happened.

The WTC was supported by two concentric systems of steel support columns. It was designed VERY well, so that if any of the columns were knocked out the load would be redistributed to the remaining columns.

Are you saying that the top 13% of the north tower which was lighter and weaker did not fall onto the lower 85% which was stronger and heavier?

Obviously the model is not a tube-in-tube design. Each WTC had 2800 perimeter panels from the 9th floor to the top. A really good model would have to have hundreds if not thousands of components and would require a consistent method of controlling the strength of the connections between the "floors" and the core and the perimeter columns. The only method I can think of for doing that consistently without making a REALLY BIG model would be to use a 3-D printer.

But that would still leave the problem of duplicating the mass distribution down the tower. If you want accuracy why haven't you said anything about that? Without that data a truly accurate model cannot be made.

But there seems to be a shortage of collapse believers demanding that information.

But crushing the paper loops still requires energy and the only source is the kinetic energy of the falling mass. It slows down in the process of flattening loops. The components of Jenga towers do not sustain damage so comparing them to the WTC is total nonsense. Why weren't you saying how defective that comparison was? Laugh out load

So where is the better model that can completely collapse?

psik

You really don't understand mathematical or software models, do you?

These are far more accurate than scale models for this sort of thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-03-2015, 03:35 PM
(21-03-2015 10:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  You really don't understand mathematical or software models, do you?

These are far more accurate than scale models for this sort of thing.

Yeah but, what else is he going to do with a dowel rod and some washers besides make an entirely inaccurate, misinformed, ignorant model of a skyscraper with it?

He might as well model the sinking of the Titanic with a bathtub, paper mache model, and some ice cubes.

[Image: titanic-sinking.jpg]

Or recreate the destruction of Pompeii with some Play-Doh, backing soda, and vinegar?

[Image: mount-vesuvius-eruption-pompeii.jpg]

How about modeling the Tunguska event with a sandbox, some match sticks, and a fire cracker?

[Image: tunguska.png]

Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-03-2015, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 10:28 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(21-03-2015 08:37 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 11:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your logic is "Tyson conveniently hasn't said anything about 9-11, therefore he is a hack." Learn how to reason dumbass. That's so incredibly stupid, it's not even wrong.

Where did I call anyone a hack?

I did not say he had not said ANYTHING about 9/11. I said he has not provided his opinion on the ability of the consequences of airliner impacts causing the collapses.

Putting words in other people's mouths is such a brilliant tactic. I think I will try it.

OH I forgot. When NDT joined the Astrophysicists Union he agreed not to discuss weird physics on the Earth's surface. Laugh out load

psik

Wow you're a completely disingenuous prick.

You changed my quote. You haven't any credibility or idea of integrity. I never said any of that or let alone used the word "hack".

What I actually wrote:
(20-03-2015 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Funny, I thought he was an astrophysicist. Consider Think they're more concerned about stars and shit. Now maybe if the twin towers were floating in space.

Still I'm pretty sure he would think you're an idiot.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-03-2015, 06:41 PM
My goodness. I'm busy with hookers and blow wait booze and masturbating wait other important business for weeks and this dipshit hasn't moved on from his nonsensical lol conspiracy raving?

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
21-03-2015, 07:36 PM
(21-03-2015 06:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  My goodness. I'm busy with hookers and blow wait booze and masturbating wait other important business for weeks and this dipshit hasn't moved on from his nonsensical lol conspiracy raving?

Oooooooh hookers and blow...

Sounds a lot better than what I've been doing. Good to see ya back!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, better than the Sisyphean task of trying to show why his ideas are idiotic.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post