9/11 EXPOSED

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-06-2015, 05:15 PM
RE: 9/11 EXPOSED
(21-06-2015 05:11 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  In the 3rd paragraph he states "Skyscrapers must hold themselves up for their entire height therefore every level must be strong enough to support the combined weights of all levels above."

Well, he's wrong. That's not the way skyscrapers stand.
Everything that follows is horseshit.

So you want to play semantic games with the word LEVEL.

I began using that to avoid word games with FLOOR.

By LEVEL I mean everything within the height between the surface of one floor and the next. That would be a height of 12 feet for most LEVELS of the WTC and include the COLUMNS. I know it is the columns that support the weight but the columns are within the space of each LEVEL of the building.

Since the columns had to get thicker and wider down the buildings the tons of steel tended to increase down the building, the exceptions being the maintenance levels.

psik

No, I am not playing word games. You don't understand the weight bearing characteristics of the structure.
The floors/levels don't bear the weight - the frame and core do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2015, 06:04 PM
(21-06-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 05:11 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  So you want to play semantic games with the word LEVEL.

I began using that to avoid word games with FLOOR.

By LEVEL I mean everything within the height between the surface of one floor and the next. That would be a height of 12 feet for most LEVELS of the WTC and include the COLUMNS. I know it is the columns that support the weight but the columns are within the space of each LEVEL of the building.

Since the columns had to get thicker and wider down the buildings the tons of steel tended to increase down the building, the exceptions being the maintenance levels.

psik

No, I am not playing word games. You don't understand the weight bearing characteristics of the structure.
The floors/levels don't bear the weight - the frame and core do.

The floors/levels were the load.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2015, 08:52 PM
(21-06-2015 08:51 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  By talking about heat rising you were bringing up "convection" which I had already mentioned. But if you look at the 9/11 videos you will see most of the smoke is coming out of the tops of the holes created by the planes so the convection was not working very well since the design of the building blocked upward air flow.

But then blacksmithing requires forced air.

Only winning in your own minds.

Do you know what happens when heat rises? It causes lower air pressure. That causes air from below to be sucked up into the lower-pressure zone. When the ventilation holes are 175' wide, you're going to be sucking a lot of air from below.

Y'know, for someone who acts like he knows so much, you're pretty ignorant of basic facts.

Reply to this post when you want some more schooling.

You clearly need it.
21-06-2015, 08:54 PM
(21-06-2015 08:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Why are you here?

You should be on some nutty conspiracy site. Not arguing with rationalists. You will have zero effect here and are just wasting your time.

Fuck off.

I dunno, Banjy, it's nice to have a punching bag around sometimes, when you're having a rough go in a real debate.
21-06-2015, 09:09 PM
(21-06-2015 10:11 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Even assuming half the elevator cars were above and half below... those are some awesomely long/tall tubes through which air would be flowing.

Functionally speaking, us firefighters would call them chimneys. Those shafts would themselves facilitate convection ... which would heat the fires on the five or so floors actually involved ... which would act upon the exposed steel girders ... shhh. Don't let the n00b know we have the truth about 9/11 here.

When we rolled up on a working fireground, the first thing we did was cut holes in the roof, to let the heat out. In a small structure, that is an apt strategy, because you don't have a lot of stored air to convect. You put a hose to covers your roof workers, and a couple of hoses on opposite corners to cool any air entering the building to replace the rising hot air, or insert a hose inside, if you suspects victims in place.

Four 1300' tall tubes measuring 5'x5' ... that's 130,000 ft³ of air. 100 ft³/sec (5x5 elevator shafts x 4) flowing through the fire floors would be a very conservtive estimate of airflow, and would still be plenty to support intense combustion involving JetA and a massive load of plastics.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-06-2015, 09:58 PM
(21-06-2015 05:11 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  Since the columns had to get thicker and wider down the buildings the tons of steel tended to increase down the building, the exceptions being the maintenance levels.

psik

The columns did not and do not "Get thicker and wider down the buildings".

This is even evident from looking at a lot of the aftermath wreckage. Heck, go watch the informative documentary about the building of the towers. The 'column sections' (Not sure of correct term) were all obviously of the same size and dimensions.

I ask you again, what do you think has happened? You are clearly not regarding a plane into each tower and the subsequent fires etc as being 'Just' the cause of the buildings collapse.

I await your reply.

much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-06-2015, 01:12 AM
This is an atheist forum, right? Not an industrial engineering forum. I think this thread is in the wrong location.

Or maybe a gravity forum. Or does this idiot not believe in gravity?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-06-2015, 03:52 AM
(22-06-2015 01:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  This is an atheist forum, right? Not an industrial engineering forum. I think this thread is in the wrong location.

He's here to tell us how clever he is... anything (like gravity) that contradicts this view, must be eliminated.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-06-2015, 07:22 AM
(22-06-2015 01:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  This is an atheist forum, right? Not an industrial engineering forum. I think this thread is in the wrong location.

Is that why you told us about being a blacksmith? But now don't discuss the quantity of steel you worked on?

psik
22-06-2015, 07:31 AM
(21-06-2015 09:58 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  The columns did not and do not "Get thicker and wider down the buildings".

This is even evident from looking at a lot of the aftermath wreckage. Heck, go watch the informative documentary about the building of the towers. The 'column sections' (Not sure of correct term) were all obviously of the same size and dimensions.

What planet are you from?

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/arch/core.html

An article from 1970 talked about the perimeter panels that were used from the 9th floor to the top.

Quote:The largest contract for fabrication of structural steel is held by Pacific Car and Foundry Co., of Seattle. It is $21.79 million for 55,000 tons of steel for the towers' bearing wall panels from the ninth floor up.

In all there are 5,828 of these panels, each about 10 ft wide, 36 ft high, with the heaviest individual panel weighing about 22 tons. Each panel consists of three box columns, 14 in. square, made up of plate up to 3 in. thick and, connected by 54-in, deep spandrels.
http://911research.wtc7.net/mirrors/guar...record.htm

2900 panels on each building. The average weight had to be 9 tons but if the heaviest was 22 tons a lot of them had to be less than 9. So why haven't we been told all of the different weights and the quantity of each?

We have a lot of people with dumb opinions who haven't researched squat.

psik