9/11 Rant (Short)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
9/11 Rant (Short)
So a friend on Facebook just posted this picture on his wall (obviously in relation to the 11th anniversary of 9/11):
[Image: 548233_427533157305048_1968686081_n.jpg]

I want so bad to explain to him that it was the same god he doesn't want to give up on that told some other guys to fly planes into our buildings. Irks me to no end.

Also, is it a good time to post this?

[Image: 400473_4454110600183_473071781_n.jpg]

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheDoctorPhil's post
11-09-2012, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 03:37 AM by fstratzero.)
RE: 9/11 Rant (Short)
(11-09-2012 12:01 AM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  So a friend on Facebook just posted this picture on his wall (obviously in relation to the 11th anniversary of 9/11):
[Image: 548233_427533157305048_1968686081_n.jpg]

I want so bad to explain to him that it was the same god he doesn't want to give up on that told some other guys to fly planes into our buildings. Irks me to no end.

Also, is it a good time to post this?

[Image: 400473_4454110600183_473071781_n.jpg]

irrational emotional response | I'd say do it. Watching those people die on tv because a bunch of deluded god fearing people thought it was not only a way into heaven, but a good way to show the world how evil a country is, was absurd! Religion is like a bomb, you never know who it's going to hurt or when. You can only be sure that with religion it'll hurt people, sometimes it takes only one life other times it leads to war.

Rational response | Up to you. Depends on whether or not you can endure the anger it is likely to stir up.

Personally I like this one

[Image: SeiXa.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
11-09-2012, 04:01 AM
I like it... I shall post yours. A little less threatening even though it has a blood splatter on it lol

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Playing Devil's Advocate here:

How exactly is posting that picture any different from the Christian friend that posted his picture?

I would venture to say that he didn't post his picture with the intent to irk; however, your intentions in posting your picture is to stir the pot.

So, whose actions are worse?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
(11-09-2012 09:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Playing Devil's Advocate here:

How exactly is posting that picture any different from the Christian friend that posted his picture?

I would venture to say that he didn't post his picture with the intent to irk; however, your intentions in posting your picture is to stir the pot.

You say 'stir the pot' like it's a bad thing. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
(11-09-2012 10:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  

You say 'stir the pot' like it's a bad thing. Consider

My words are open for interpretation Drinking Beverage

awww crap, now I started drinking coffee...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
(11-09-2012 09:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  How exactly is posting that picture any different from the Christian friend that posted his picture?

One's a truth, the other is an opinion.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
11-09-2012, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 05:03 PM by TheDoctorPhil.)

KC, it's not necessarily to stir the pot (honest!). I see it as an eye for an eye thing. I don't mind him using his right to post such insanities but I will counter his god with a dosage of reason.

Also, Logica said it well too. "One is a truth, the other is an option."

11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't like religion. But on 9/11 I bite my tongue for them, only because they have trouble copping and moving on. If they need someone/thing to cling to for them to get through the day, fine.

However on my facebook, I post what I WANT. (pictures, I rarely comment) If you have a problem with it, you should just unfriend me because I don't give a fuck. My respect only goes so far.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
13-09-2012, 05:41 PM
(11-09-2012 04:29 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I don't like religion. But on 9/11 I bite my tongue for them, only because they have trouble copping and moving on. If they need someone/thing to cling to for them to get through the day, fine.

However on my facebook, I post what I WANT. (pictures, I rarely comment) If you have a problem with it, you should just unfriend me because I don't give a fuck. My respect only goes so far.

Just like I have the freedom to comment on whatever you post (this is all hypothetical). If you don't like my commenting on the shit you post on your wall, then you unfriend me. Won't hurt me, in both reality and social networking, most of my family has done so already.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]