9/11 truthers "are crazy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2012, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2012 07:58 PM by Diablo666.)
RE: 9/11 truthers "are crazy"
Air is a poor conductor of heat. If you stand a few feet from a body of heat, even if that body of heat would otherwise incinerate you, then you are perfectly fine.
Especially if there is a nice flow of air, such as a drafty building.... as the heated air is transferred with fresh air at room temperature.

Lol, its like explaining things to a little kid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2012, 07:58 PM
(25-10-2012 07:41 PM)AlexInYT Wrote:  Raging inferno eh. Im too lazy ATM to find it, but what about the vid of the woman - whom, if memory serves,they identified - standing in the entry wound of one of the towers waving a rag in distress? Sure. So raging, able to soften steel - while a woman stands there for minutes on end.

Makes perfect sense.

Her name was Mrs Steel

Drinking Beverage
25-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Ooook, since people want to be childish about it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px-nflAtHJY

yeeaahhh. Looks real 'raging'.

For the record, I once worked and an industrial wood processing plant that burned to the ground. Within the structure was a large amount of diesel fuel, propane, acetylene, oils, and multiple other chemicals. When it burned, one could not approach within 50 feet of the structure for hours do to the intense heat. And yet, even with the heat generated, the steel framing of that (and, notably, every other steel framed structure that has ever caught fire, including a number of skyscrapers) Did not collapse.

Amazes me that, on an atheist forum that, obstensively, challenges the faithful, so many are willing to take on faith the word of a government that has consistently lied about many world shaking events. Hmm.
[+] 1 user Likes AlexInYT's post
25-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow, you people just do not process any information that conflicts with your idiotic worldview, do you? "every other steel framed structure that has ever caught fire [has not collapsed]" and there's a video of one doing so just on the last page. I swear, you guys are just mouthbreathers. And I wonder how long that woman stood there before the intense heat and encroaching flames led her to jump rather than burn to death? Or did the jumpers just do it for fun, since there was obviously no fire preventing them from getting downstairs.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
25-10-2012, 08:41 PM
(25-10-2012 08:24 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Wow, you people just do not process any information that conflicts with your idiotic worldview, do you? "every other steel framed structure that has ever caught fire [has not collapsed]" and there's a video of one doing so just on the last page. I swear, you guys are just mouthbreathers. And I wonder how long that woman stood there before the intense heat and encroaching flames led her to jump rather than burn to death? Or did the jumpers just do it for fun, since there was obviously no fire preventing them from getting downstairs.

So how exactly did the fires in building number 7 get so hot and manage to weaken the support beams at the same speed?
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
25-10-2012, 10:47 PM
At the same speed as what? It's been established that the steel doesn't have to melt to lose its structural integrity, it just has to get to ~1200*F which is very achievable in an uncontrolled fire, so don't pull the "it wasn't hot enuf to melt!" bullshit.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
25-10-2012, 11:47 PM
(25-10-2012 10:47 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  At the same speed as what? It's been established that the steel doesn't have to melt to lose its structural integrity, it just has to get to ~1200*F which is very achievable in an uncontrolled fire, so don't pull the "it wasn't hot enuf to melt!" bullshit.

Question. Where, praytell, do you get 1200F? Yes, that is the structural damaging point for the steel used within the WTC -- but where, exactly, do you get the notion that the fires inside ANY of the towers reached this? Consider this scientifically known, proven fact -- Jet Fuel Open air burning temperatures 260-315 °C (500-599 °F)

Consider that for a while, please.
26-10-2012, 12:00 AM
(25-10-2012 10:47 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  At the same speed as what? It's been established that the steel doesn't have to melt to lose its structural integrity, it just has to get to ~1200*F which is very achievable in an uncontrolled fire, so don't pull the "it wasn't hot enuf to melt!" bullshit.

I don't think you get it, you claimed that the fires weakened the strucuture causing it fall in on itself. In order for this to be true, the fires would have to melt all sides at roughly the same speed. If one side was a different speed the building would have fallen over correct?

This is why I asked you for evidence that there were raging fires on all sides of the building.
26-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Incorrect. Buildings aren't trees, they don't fall over. They fall down. Get a fire that gets hot enough in one spot to cause a collapse, and it can cascade and cause the rest of the building to follow--straight down.

"Melt". Fucking caveman.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
26-10-2012, 12:39 AM
(26-10-2012 12:06 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Incorrect. Buildings aren't trees, they don't fall over. They fall down. Get a fire that gets hot enough in one spot to cause a collapse, and it can cascade and cause the rest of the building to follow--straight down.

"Melt". Fucking caveman.

Ahh, so, because some people are willing to at least consider that one of the most vile acts of the 21st century may be even more vile than advertised, thats plenty excuse for you to flame, insult and harass them, eh?

Well, I guess it goes to prove that one can be atheist and ignorant all at the same time.

No