9/11 truthers "are crazy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: 9/11 truthers "are crazy"
(20-11-2012 03:14 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  So I only have to solve some semantics puzzle thats unsolvable, because its nonsense.
It's a simple question, really. What method do you use to figure out the truth you've been talking about earlier in this thread? Do you avoid answering it because your way of finding out the truth is one of the three described in the trilemma?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Dude... Don't go into the legal profession you don't appear to be qualified at this point.

The only thing that does not have personal interpretation reliant on it's declaration is mathematical truth, where everything can be shown point blank with no need for interpreting the facts into truth.

Also Diablo, you did not do as Vosur requested and solve the trilemma, since facts only have one side and one truth, it should be obvious. And Ad Homs are not a way too prove your case, Signor.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.[/align]
20-11-2012, 03:21 PM
A simple question that can't be answered.

Fuck your semantics truth can't be proven horse shit.

Here watch this,

It won't answer the unanswerable question either, but maybe it will keep you occupied.
20-11-2012, 03:29 PM
(20-11-2012 03:21 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  A simple question that can't be answered.

Fuck your semantics truth can't be proven horse shit.

It won't answer the unanswerable question either, but maybe it will keep you occupied.
Of course it can be answered. In fact, the article I linked you to provided several methods to determine truth. Do you not even have the decency to look at the links provided to you? Anyway, these are the three methods described in the Münchhausen trilemma:

The circular argument, in which theory and proof support each other (i.e. we repeat ourselves at some point)
The regressive argument, in which each proof requires a further proof, ad infinitum (i.e. we just keep giving proofs, presumably forever)
The axiomatic argument, which rests on accepted precepts (i.e. we reach some bedrock assumption or certainty)

It comes down to this: Do you use one of the methods above or do you have a fourth alternative?

(20-11-2012 03:21 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Here watch this,

Oh, I love Tim Minchin, he's a great comedian. Now what does this video have to do with this topic again?
20-11-2012, 03:32 PM
9/11 truthers "are crazy"
If Diablo666 asks a question in a forest and no one gives a fuck, does it make a sound?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-11-2012, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 03:44 PM by Diablo666.)
Well he does talk about knowledge at 1:40.

Actually I did skim it. You should probably read it yourself,

"Albert stressed repeatedly that there is no limitation of the
Münchhausen-Trilemma to deductive conclusions. The verdict concerns also
inductive, causal, transcendental, and all otherwise structured
justifications. They all will be in vain.
Therefore certain justification is impossible to attain. Once having
given up the classical idea of certain knowledge one can stop the
process of justification where one wants to stop, presupposed one is
ready to start critical thinking at this point always anew if necessary."

You are merely arguing like a theist. No, I can't disprove god, but that doesn't mean he exists. Just like I can't prove anything with 100% certainty, doesn't mean we can't call anything a fact.

You can keep your ancient greek philosophy, ill hang out here in reality.
20-11-2012, 03:40 PM
(20-11-2012 03:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  If Diablo666 asks a question in a forest and no one gives a fuck, does it make a sound?
Circle jerk
20-11-2012, 03:47 PM
(20-11-2012 03:39 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Well he does talk about knowledge at 1:40.
How does that relate to my position?

(20-11-2012 03:39 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Actually I did skim it. You should probably read it yourself,

You are merely arguing like a theist. No, I can't disprove god, but that doesn't mean he exists. Just like I can't prove anything with 100% certainty, doesn't mean we can't call anything a fact.

You have argued against nothing I've said so far, as you are attacking a straw man.

Never have I said that because one cannot disprove god, it logically follows that he exists. In fact, that would be an argument from ignorance. I also haven't said that we can't call anything a fact, because we don't know anything with absolute certainty. What I did do is asking you to provide an argument for your claim that there is only one truth. You have refused to do so repeatedly.

You also have yet to answer my question.
20-11-2012, 03:56 PM
(20-11-2012 03:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 03:39 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Well he does talk about knowledge at 1:40.
How does that relate to my position?

(20-11-2012 03:39 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Actually I did skim it. You should probably read it yourself,

You have argued against nothing I've said so far, as you are attacking a straw man.

Never have I said that because one cannot disprove god, it logically follows that he exists. In fact, that would be an argument from ignorance. I also haven't said that we can't call anything a fact, because we don't know anything with absolute certainty. What I did do is asking you to provide an argument for your claim that there is only one truth. You have refused to do so repeatedly.

You also have yet to answer my question.
Truth is derived from facts, can be one or multiple. There is only one truth as there are only one set of facts which cover all possible information.

Thus for there to be multiple truths, there must be facts that are untrue. To stipulate facts are untrue is essentially saying you can't know anything.

Maybe you have a different philosophical definition of truth.
20-11-2012, 04:04 PM
(20-11-2012 03:56 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Truth is derived from facts, can be one or multiple. There is only one truth as there are only one set of facts which cover all possible information.

Thus for there to be multiple truths, there must be facts that are untrue. To stipulate facts are untrue is essentially saying you can't know anything.

Maybe you have a different philosophical definition of truth.
Just so that I don't misunderstand you: Are you positing that you don't need to interpret a set of given facts in order to derive conclusions from them? Different interpretations of facts are precisely what leads to different versions of truth.