9/11 truthers "are crazy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: 9/11 truthers "are crazy"
Quote:That you refuse to look at evidence because you have faith that your country/government or media would not betray its own people, or lie straight up.
Saying it probably wasn't an inside job has nothing to do with blind trust in the government; it comes from critical thinking and asking questions like "why?" and "how likely is it this happened?" I don't trust the government much, but I do think it's more likely terrorists hijacked those planes than that it was a massive conspiracy killing huge numbers of people.

Quote:I find that the conspiracy theorist have a good mindset which is apparent in the atheist community, that is - question everything.
I often find the opposite: that conspiracy theorists are hell bent on finding nonexistant connections between things, and can become credulous and unthinking in the extreme, with a tendency to only pay attention to things that seem to support their view and disposing of facts that go against it.

Turning everything into a massive conspiracy is paranoia (or at least the result of cognitive errors); not skepticism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like amyb's post
21-10-2012, 08:32 PM
(20-10-2012 07:06 PM)amyb Wrote:  
Quote:That you refuse to look at evidence because you have faith that your country/government or media would not betray its own people, or lie straight up.
Saying it probably wasn't an inside job has nothing to do with blind trust in the government; it comes from critical thinking and asking questions like "why?" and "how likely is it this happened?" I don't trust the government much, but I do think it's more likely terrorists hijacked those planes than that it was a massive conspiracy killing huge numbers of people.

Quote:I find that the conspiracy theorist have a good mindset which is apparent in the atheist community, that is - question everything.
I often find the opposite: that conspiracy theorists are hell bent on finding nonexistant connections between things, and can become credulous and unthinking in the extreme, with a tendency to only pay attention to things that seem to support their view and disposing of facts that go against it.

Turning everything into a massive conspiracy is paranoia (or at least the result of cognitive errors); not skepticism.

I agree that one must use thinking when it comes to events that happen that are that big.

Paranoia and mass conspiracy are believed by many, one great example of how mass paranoia and conspiracy theories can become mainstream is that americans were taught that the Soviet Union wanted to take over the world even though most CIA analysts knew that they couldn't and had no desire to do so especially after their country was almost completely destroyed during WW2. Yet most americans were taught to fear the Soviet Union and believe that they had some grand plan to take over the world.

As far as 9/11 2001 I personally don't care but from both sides of the explanation regardless of which one is more likely, the governments version makes even less sense than the conspiracy theories do. There is precedents for U.S. government lying to it's own people to get itself into a war. You could go down the list of what has precedent.

There is no precedent for the security failures on that day and there is no precedent for the fall of the 3 buildings. The governments version seems less likely than the conspiracy theorists.
Find all posts by this user
21-10-2012, 08:52 PM
(21-10-2012 08:32 PM)I and I Wrote:  As far as 9/11 2001 I personally don't care but from both sides of the explanation regardless of which one is more likely [...]

[...] The governments version seems less likely than the conspiracy theorists.

[Image: 28759420.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
21-10-2012, 09:19 PM
(21-10-2012 08:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 08:32 PM)I and I Wrote:  As far as 9/11 2001 I personally don't care but from both sides of the explanation regardless of which one is more likely [...]

[...] The governments version seems less likely than the conspiracy theorists.

[Image: 28759420.jpg]

tell you more about what?

how both theories are crazy or which one is crazier?
21-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Challenging claims made by the U.S. government isn't the same as providing an alternative view of what happened.

One is a conspiracy theorist and one is not.

There are some aspects of 9/11 that are not explained by either side. Take building number 7 for example, neither side has any evidence for their claims as to why building number 7 fell, in fact the 9-11 commission report doesn't even attempt to explain why or investigate the collapse of building number 7.
21-10-2012, 09:25 PM
(21-10-2012 09:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  tell you more about what?

A joke loses it's comedical value if you have to explain it. Carry on.

21-10-2012, 09:49 PM
(21-10-2012 09:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 09:19 PM)I and I Wrote:  tell you more about what?

A joke loses it's comedical value if you have to explain it. Carry on.

So you are an idiot that can watch a building fall, not be investigated by the government then not think anything is out of the ordinary. That really must suck to have a government where buildings can just collapse and no investigation is made.

Believing that it is normal for buildings to just collapse (building number 7) is just as stupid as saying that bush was involved in 9-11.
21-10-2012, 10:10 PM
(21-10-2012 09:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  So you are an idiot that can watch a building fall, not be investigated by the government then not think anything is out of the ordinary. That really must suck to have a government where buildings can just collapse and no investigation is made.

Believing that it is normal for buildings to just collapse (building number 7) is just as stupid as saying that bush was involved in 9-11.
You do know that I'm from Germany and couldn't give less of a shit about what the government of the USA does in the USA, right? Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-10-2012, 10:13 PM
(21-10-2012 10:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 09:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  So you are an idiot that can watch a building fall, not be investigated by the government then not think anything is out of the ordinary. That really must suck to have a government where buildings can just collapse and no investigation is made.

You do know that I'm from Germany and couldn't give less of a shit about what the government of the USA does in the USA, right? Drinking Beverage

are you or are you not curious as to why building number 7 collapsed.
21-10-2012, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 10:20 PM by Vosur.)
(21-10-2012 10:13 PM)I and I Wrote:  are you or are you not curious as to why building number 7 collapsed.
What part of "I don't give a shit." do you not understand?

Listen, I made a joke, you didn't get it, I told you that jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them, which is why you can carry on. Why don't you do just that and direct any further complaints about the events of 9/11 to the White House?