9/11 truthers "are crazy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: 9/11 truthers "are crazy"
(22-10-2012 03:06 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 02:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  They become more severe in the short term while there is fuel and oxygen.

Yes I cant disagree with this... they reach a maximum temperature but once everything that the fire can consume is gone then obviously the temperature begins to drop.

Thats what the article is getting at (my interpretation anyway)

The fires did not burn long enough to exhaust the fuel. Besides the jet fuel, there were plenty of combustibles, e.g. paper, wood, chemicals, plastics, fabrics, carpets, aluminum.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Before you say something ignorant, aluminum is highly flammable, given a high enough temperature. In fact, powdered aluminum is used as a booster in explosives such as ANFO, TNT, and RDX to increase the explosive's "pushing" power.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 06:27 PM
(22-10-2012 06:13 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Before you say something ignorant, aluminum is highly flammable, given a high enough temperature. In fact, powdered aluminum is used as a booster in explosives such as ANFO, TNT, and RDX to increase the explosive's "pushing" power.

An aluminum can will burn to ash in a wood fire.

We used to take an unopened can of beer and put it in the wood coals in the barbecue. After a couple of minutes, the beer would boil and blow the top, spurting a geyser about six feet or more in the air, then the empty can would ignite and burn to ash.

22-10-2012, 06:44 PM
(22-10-2012 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 06:13 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Before you say something ignorant, aluminum is highly flammable, given a high enough temperature. In fact, powdered aluminum is used as a booster in explosives such as ANFO, TNT, and RDX to increase the explosive's "pushing" power.

An aluminum can will burn to ash in a wood fire.

We used to take an unopened can of beer and put it in the wood coals in the barbecue. After a couple of minutes, the beer would boil and blow the top, spurting a geyser about six feet or more in the air, then the empty can would ignite and burn to ash.

SCIENCE! Big Grin

I want to try this.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
22-10-2012, 06:51 PM
(22-10-2012 06:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  An aluminum can will burn to ash in a wood fire.

SCIENCE! Big Grin

I want to try this.

There are ethical boundaries in science.

Only use cheap beer, never the good stuff. No

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Why didn't the 9-11 commission investigate how building number 7 fell? Since there was no official investigation of this, what do you guys think happened to building number 7?

Here comes the insults and no answers.... Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
22-10-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 10:50 PM by bemore.)
(22-10-2012 06:13 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Before you say something ignorant

Who are you addressing here???

Are you addressing me???

(22-10-2012 10:06 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why didn't the 9-11 commission investigate how building number 7 fell? Since there was no official investigation of this, what do you guys think happened to building number 7?

Maybe the BBC knew.... seeing as they reported its fall about 23 minutes before it actually fell. Drinking Beverage

I know what people may say though.... "It got damaged by falling debris from the WTC collapsing"

Now I can kind of believe that a plane hitting and penetrating a building may have ripped some of the metal structure to pieces, however this does not explain WTC 7 and yet it is the third steel structured building in history to actually collapse from fire (The twin towers being 1 and 2)

What do I know though.... im just a "crazy" open minded person Drinking Beverage

EDIT: Also has anybody any answers to why Larry Silverstein said "pull it" when refering to WTC 7 whilst it was still burning???

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
22-10-2012, 10:54 PM
(22-10-2012 10:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 06:13 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Before you say something ignorant

Who are you addressing here???

Are you addressing me???

(22-10-2012 10:06 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why didn't the 9-11 commission investigate how building number 7 fell? Since there was no official investigation of this, what do you guys think happened to building number 7?

Maybe the BBC knew.... seeing as they reported its fall about 23 minutes before it actually fell. Drinking Beverage

I know what people may say though.... "It got damaged by falling debris from the WTC collapsing"

Now I can kind of believe that a plane hitting and penetrating a building may have ripped some of the metal structure to pieces, however this does not explain WTC 7 and yet it is the third steel structured building in history to actually collapse from fire (The twin towers being 1 and 2)

What do I know though.... im just a "crazy" open minded person Drinking Beverage

I believe there are many explanations on both sides that sound like complete bullshit. Remember the official government line that one of the hijackers passports or ID was found in the rubble with the name and picture not destroyed by the fireball from the crashing plane he was in? That sounds like a steaming pile of bullshit and nothing else. Cool

The lack of a plane visible in the footage crashing into the pentagon is explainable, most security cameras on places like gas stations do suck like that and many of them are shitty video like the one released.....however, the cameras on the pentagon? they wouldn't be shitty gas station cameras and those could show a plane hitting the pentagon, but those haven't been released, maybe because the U.S. government is so busy loving us they forgot to release that footage. God bless america. Cool
23-10-2012, 04:17 AM
(22-10-2012 02:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 09:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  "fire dies out over time"

Horse shit, obviously never seen a house fire...

Starts with a simply oil fat fire...
nek minute..

It doesnt actually say "fires die out over time" does it..... your saying that, not the article.

It says "fire becomes less severe after time"

Big difference.

Potato potato.

Quote:Why didn't the 9-11 commission investigate how building number 7 fell? Since there was no official investigation of this

Actually there was an investigation done by The National Institute of Standards and Technology who concluded it was by uncontrolled fires.

The fires were started on several floors (at least 10) because of falling shit from WTC 1 n' 2.
Due to 1 and 2 falling the city water supply was damaged and so the sprinkler system from WTC 7 didn't work.

It's hardly unreasonable to imagine 10floors at least worth of fire burning out of control bringing down a building. Especially consider prior experience of building fires didn't involve 2 of the worlds tallest buildings collapsing right next door...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
23-10-2012, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 04:42 AM by Vosur.)
Summary of this thread: "Herp Derp, I'm an uneducated conspiracy nut and I don't know how to do my proper research, derp!"

(21-10-2012 09:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  So you are an idiot that can watch a building fall, not be investigated by the government then not think anything is out of the ordinary. That really must suck to have a government where buildings can just collapse and no investigation is made.

Believing that it is normal for buildings to just collapse (building number 7) is just as stupid as saying that bush was involved in 9-11.
Yes, you are right, the collapse of WTC 7 was not investigated by the government. Except that it was.
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/facts...082108.cfm

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post