9/11 truthers "are crazy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: 9/11 truthers "are crazy"
Oh hold on.

Diablo, are you one of those A Priori kinda guys?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 04:16 PM
(20-11-2012 04:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 03:56 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Truth is derived from facts, can be one or multiple. There is only one truth as there are only one set of facts which cover all possible information.

Thus for there to be multiple truths, there must be facts that are untrue. To stipulate facts are untrue is essentially saying you can't know anything.

Maybe you have a different philosophical definition of truth.
Just so that I don't misunderstand you: Are you positing that you don't need to interpret a set of given facts in order to derive conclusions from them? Different interpretations of facts are precisely what leads to different versions of truth.
Different interpretations only occur when you lack facts.
This thread is a good example of that. We lack facts, so there are multiple interpretations of the facts we do have. However, an interpretation is not necessarily a truth.

A truth is not limited by information. All facts are known, and only one logical conclusion can be derived.
20-11-2012, 04:26 PM
(20-11-2012 04:16 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Different interpretations only occur when you lack facts.

This thread is a good example of that. We lack facts, so there are multiple interpretations of the facts we do have. However, an interpretation is not necessarily a truth.

A truth is not limited by information. All facts are known, and only one logical conclusion can be derived.
I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't see how you could ever be certain that you do indeed have all facts. You can (and most likely will) always lack some information that could change your interpretation.

Can you think of an example for a case in which all facts are known and only one logical conclusion can be drawn? (outside of mathematics, that is)

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-11-2012, 04:58 PM
(20-11-2012 04:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:16 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Different interpretations only occur when you lack facts.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't see how you could ever be certain that you do indeed have all facts. You can (and most likely will) always lack some information that could change your interpretation.

Can you think of an example for a case in which all facts are known and only one logical conclusion can be drawn? (outside of mathematics, that is)
I have no idea why you still waste your time on him. He's clearly never going to agree with you or anyone else who does not buy into his bullshit. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
20-11-2012, 05:02 PM
(20-11-2012 04:58 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have no idea why you still waste your time on him. He's clearly never going to agree with you or anyone else who does not buy into his bullshit. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IfOpU.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
20-11-2012, 05:03 PM
(20-11-2012 02:47 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 07:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  You just love dichotomies, don't you? Life is not that simple.

Almost nothing is a black and white issue. Maybe the official version is pretty close to the truth with some facts concealed for good or bad reasons. There are many, many possible truths.
The official story might be the half truth, or 3/4 of the truth, but its almost certainly not the full truth.

There is only one side to facts, and only one truth.
I am not sure where you are getting this multiple truth shit at, unless you are talking about multiple universes.
No, I simply meant that there are many possibilities, any one of which might be the truth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 05:53 PM
(20-11-2012 04:58 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't see how you could ever be certain that you do indeed have all facts. You can (and most likely will) always lack some information that could change your interpretation.

I have no idea why you still waste your time on him. He's clearly never going to agree with you or anyone else who does not buy into his bullshit. Drinking Beverage

I'm just hoping he'll invite me to the next circle jerk. It's not everyday one gets invited to a circle jerk, and he talks so much about them that he must be in a lot of good ones!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-11-2012, 09:31 PM
(20-11-2012 05:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:58 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have no idea why you still waste your time on him. He's clearly never going to agree with you or anyone else who does not buy into his bullshit. Drinking Beverage

I'm just hoping he'll invite me to the next circle jerk. It's not everyday one gets invited to a circle jerk, and he talks so much about them that he must be in a lot of good ones!
Oh that reminds me, I'm having a circle jerk this Saturday Erx, you're invited of course.
Bring a plate. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-11-2012, 09:37 PM
(20-11-2012 09:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 05:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm just hoping he'll invite me to the next circle jerk. It's not everyday one gets invited to a circle jerk, and he talks so much about them that he must be in a lot of good ones!
Oh that reminds me, I'm having a circle jerk this Saturday Erx, you're invited of course.
Bring a plate. Drinking Beverage

Well now this is rather embarrassing. I complain about never being invited to a circle jerk. I finally get asked and alas I must decline. That's the night your mom asked me to come over and fuck her brains out. Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I feel like there were puzzle pieces which lead me here...

...Or maybe my patternicity is just in overdrive again. Who can say?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user