9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(15-01-2013 10:54 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 06:17 PM)Diablo Wrote:  The statistic that shows most people aren't killed by rifles.

It is nothing but a red herring. It's completely off-topic.

Yes, of course the drug cartels can do w/e the fuck they want. Again, this is just another red herring though. The point is that people are being slaughtered from assault rifles LEGALLY purchased in the US, and transported to Mexico.
So my point about how actual crimes commited with a AR style rifle while right now being politically crucified because they look scary, are such a small percentage of actual gun crime is off topic.

Then you go on to talk about "assault rifles" used in crimes.

but I'm still off topic. Thumbsup
You are off topic, and I went off topic with you in a PS kind of statement regarding other countries where these weapons are routinely used.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 01:08 PM
LOL nice try.Keep grabbing.
15-01-2013, 02:57 PM
The vast majority of those gun deaths can be attributed to illegzally owned firearms. I'm 24 years old with liberal views, and I'm against more gun laws. I can't own one as is, so they wouldn't effect me regardless. Take away the right for self-protection and I bet the murder rate increases. I know plenty of people with illegal assault rifels, pistols, and sawed-off shotguns. Street price of an Ak47 is around $200, and they're not hard to find. You can't compare America to Europe, it's an entirely different culture. Home invasions are an every day occurence as are armed robberies and the like. ALL DONE WITH ILLEGAL WEAPONS THAT ARE ALREADY ON THE STREETS.
15-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Re: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
200$? Dang, you can maybe get a used mossburg 500 for that in a pawn shop. Maybe I picked the wrong armed profession to work inAngel
15-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Thats my point, criminals will still have guns while others are left defenseless.
15-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I hear New York is pretty safe, it must be bc their new bill just passed and the Gov. decided we common folk only need 7 rounds per magazine. I wonder what his PSD detail thinks of that, they must be practicing reloads right now... ..

oh wait.
16-01-2013, 09:11 AM
(15-01-2013 02:57 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  The vast majority of those gun deaths can be attributed to illegzally owned firearms. I'm 24 years old with liberal views, and I'm against more gun laws. I can't own one as is, so they wouldn't effect me regardless. Take away the right for self-protection and I bet the murder rate increases. I know plenty of people with illegal assault rifels, pistols, and sawed-off shotguns. Street price of an Ak47 is around $200, and they're not hard to find. You can't compare America to Europe, it's an entirely different culture. Home invasions are an every day occurence as are armed robberies and the like. ALL DONE WITH ILLEGAL WEAPONS THAT ARE ALREADY ON THE STREETS.
(15-01-2013 08:51 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Thats my point, criminals will still have guns while others are left defenseless.

The criminals are the people who should be upset; they are the ones that need the guns. They have to protect themselves from your crazy ass, and people like you trying to kill them while they are at work.

Especially police. Police are specifically given guns and hired to mess with those poor criminals on the job. They need a gun, illegally or legally, to deal with that.

What if people did that to you? What if someone hired a group of people, gave them guns and told them to go fuck with this guy while he is trying to earn a living, to support his family? You would be outraged, right?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
16-01-2013, 10:35 AM
(15-01-2013 10:55 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 07:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  LA LA LA LA .

No. No. I'll wait for the replies that never come from my criticisms, questions, and challenges.
You act as tho they mean something.

Don't forgot to evoke "the facts" too.
And still I wait for an intelligible response.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
16-01-2013, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 05:20 PM by Diablo.)
I heard about a very interesting idea that was being done in NY.

Background Checks to buy Ammo.

Quote:Thats my point, criminals will still have guns while others are left defenseless.
Almost no one is trying to take all the guns, and the ones that are
have almost no support. Guns are a necessity in some places in the US.

That is the most overplayed ridiculous argument ever. As if somehow if assault weapons were banned, the criminals would still have tons of them. Its utter nonsense. Almost all guns are purchased legally or stolen. If no one can buy them, then stealing them would be rather hard. That only leaves smuggling them from another country, and distributing them through a black market, but this is fairly difficult. This will of course drastically reduces the # floating around.

Also, as previously stated, the # of rifles used in crimes in quite low for obvious reasons. Thus there would be almost no demand from the criminal population to purchase them.
16-01-2013, 05:11 PM
(16-01-2013 05:02 PM)Diablo Wrote:  I heard about a very interesting idea that was being done in NY.

Background Checks to buy Ammo.

Quote:Thats my point, criminals will still have guns while others are left defenseless.
Almost no one is trying to take all the guns, and the ones that are
have almost no support. Guns are a necessity in some places in the US.

That is the most overplayed ridiculous argument ever. As if somehow if assault weapons were banned, the criminals would still have tons of them. Its utter nonsense. Almost all guns are purchased legally or stolen. If no one can buy them, then stealing them would be rather hard. That only leaves smuggling them from another country, and distributing them through a black market, but this is fairly difficult. This will of course drastically reduces the # floating around.
Please define 'assault weapon'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How the NRA killed the debate. witerat 23 930 17-01-2013 06:04 PM
Last Post: TheBlackKnight