9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 01:08 PM
9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
Not all alcohol related deaths. That number is massive. That is just the number per year killed by drunk drivers involved in car accidents.

I guess we should publish the names of each person who buys a bottle of liquor. So that the neighbors know who might potentially drive drunk.

Oh and fingerprint them too.

Tucked unobtrusively and almost unnoticed into the summary of the coming Feinstein gun bill is language which covers all "existing gun owners." From Feistein.senate.gov bill summary:
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/i...lt-weapons

Quote:-Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

-Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;

Katie Pavlich, News Editor at http://www.TownHall.com notes:

Quote:The key here is that Feinstein made sure to throw a clause in about "protecting legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners," yet wants them treated as if they are guilty by requiring massive gun registration and fingerprinting for firearms that have been lawfully purchased. The legislation covers a ton of ground. Nearly every semi-automatic handgun in the United States has a detachable magazine.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...tguns-n1475110
The summary language makes no distinction between "existing gun owners" and existing owners of the newly-banned, listed weapons.

[Image: 0a23dbe4ce4a53602f4131e78c95f577.jpg]
[Image: fingerprinting.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 01:27 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
I guess alcohol isn't on the 'agenda'.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking we need an entire subsection in the politics section just for gun threads. Moderators??

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
29-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Ummm, okay? I don't support publicly listing gun owners. But are you really trying to draw a correlation between deaths via alcohol and cars with gun deaths?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
29-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Interesting statistic, but I am not sure that alone proves any real point.... except maybe there needs to be tighter laws against drunk driving.

People should be fingerprinted and have their DNA put on file at birth any damn way.
29-12-2012, 04:15 PM
(29-12-2012 02:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Ummm, okay? I don't support publicly listing gun owners. But are you really trying to draw a correlation between deaths via alcohol and cars with gun deaths?
Absolutely. A person makes a bad decision and shoots someone and kills them or a person makes a bad decision and drives drunk and kills someone. They both are the perceived cause of the outcome and yet, while alcohol is deemed responsible for the deaths of 16000 innocent people no one attacks the alcohol industry. So it makes me wonder if the issue is really that people are dying or is the issue that people have guns.

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
29-12-2012, 04:18 PM
(29-12-2012 04:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Interesting statistic, but I am not sure that alone proves any real point.... except maybe there needs to be tighter laws against drunk driving.

People should be fingerprinted and have their DNA put on file at birth any damn way.
It proves that nobody gives a fuck about the victims. They only care about the tool. If they really gave a shit about the victims they'd be bothering with legislation regarding alcohol or tobacco bans instead of guns.

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
29-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Ok, sure but banning alcohol doesn't work. It is way too easy to make.

Banning assault rifles, which are clearly not useful for hunting, does work for the most part.

You are merely comparing apples to oranges. It is a ridiculous argument worthy of Faux Noise.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
29-12-2012, 04:33 PM
(29-12-2012 04:18 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 04:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Interesting statistic, but I am not sure that alone proves any real point.... except maybe there needs to be tighter laws against drunk driving.

It proves that nobody gives a fuck about the victims. They only care about the tool. If they really gave a shit about the victims they'd be bothering with legislation regarding alcohol or tobacco bans instead of guns.

In the US we tried once making alcohol illegal, it didn't work out well.
29-12-2012, 04:38 PM
(29-12-2012 04:27 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Ok, sure but banning alcohol doesn't work. It is way too easy to make.

Banning assault rifles, which are clearly not useful for hunting, does work for the most part.

You are merely comparing apples to oranges. It is a ridiculous argument worthy of Faux Noise.
But they are useful for hunting. And other than 'they are scary looking' you can't provide an arguement for banning assault rifles. Also, there are millions of them in this country already. Do you actually think that banning them is going to get rid of them?

On the contrary, your's is an argument worth of Piers Morgan or MSNBC.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How the NRA killed the debate. witerat 23 937 17-01-2013 06:04 PM
Last Post: TheBlackKnight