9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(29-12-2012 04:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Interesting statistic, but I am not sure that alone proves any real point.... except maybe there needs to be tighter laws against drunk driving.

People should be fingerprinted and have their DNA put on file at birth any damn way.

It's already illegal. What do you want, the death penalty?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-12-2012, 04:53 PM
(29-12-2012 04:27 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Ok, sure but banning alcohol doesn't work. It is way too easy to make.

Banning assault rifles, which are clearly not useful for hunting, does work for the most part.

You are merely comparing apples to oranges. It is a ridiculous argument worthy of Faux Noise.

Alcohol is useful for what, exactly? What justifies the carnage?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 04:58 PM
That is the most asinine retort I may have received yet.

Is it okay to shoot someone who is on your property unarmed stealing something? Are your possessions worth their life? Is there a monetary limit at which it is justified to shoot and kill them? Stealing your 2012 BMW = death. The 1989 Chevy truck that has more rust than steal is just worth a wounded leg?

What I mean to say is, no one should be killed for such trivial shit, and those aren't accidental gun deaths.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 04:58 PM
(29-12-2012 04:27 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Banning assault rifles, which are clearly not useful for hunting, does work for the most part.

Really? It didnt work during the last "AWB".It dosent make sense now http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cri...ta-table-8

No one uses an actual assault rifle for hunting,and assault rifles yield 0% crime. A NFA transferable m16/m4 is around 20,000$ Anyone with the $$$ to buy and FEED those hungry beasts arnt going to build them to be used for hunting.

They would spend prob 1500$ish on a AR-15 with a nice 1-4/6x scope, a stainless barrel, and a slick trigger.You wouldnt use a SS barrel on a high volume, fully automatic rifle.

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&...9QSJr4CYBA

I'm guessing you've No.1: Never hunted and No.2, never handled an AR type rifle. I'm rebuilding mine(slowly!) as a 3gun/hunting rifle right now. Here's a buddy who used his AR and got a 6 pointer last week. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=1&theater

Here is Kyle Defoor(Former Navy Seal) who hunts with his AR http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=1&theater

So please, stop repeating bullshit like "those evil black assaulting rifles can't be used for hunting, the deer would look like swiss cheese! Drooling "
29-12-2012, 05:16 PM
(29-12-2012 04:27 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Ok, sure but banning alcohol doesn't work. It is way too easy to make.

Banning assault rifles, which are clearly not useful for hunting, does work for the most part.

You are merely comparing apples to oranges. It is a ridiculous argument worthy of Faux Noise.

A few things

1) Real Assault Rifles ARE ALREADY BANNED as they are Title II NFA weapons and the only available samples are used, require a mountain of paperwork and taxes for civilian transfer and cost a fortune (see my previous posts).

2) I have never seen anywhere where an assault weapons ban stopped crime. It didn't work in Newtown CT which has a state level AWB and it sure as hell hasn't worked elsewhere.

3) You CAN hunt with 'assault weapons', depending on the type. AR-15s can be good deer rifles, if properly scoped. A TEC-9, not so much.

4) And finally, WE DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS FOR HUNTING IN THE UNITED STATES. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS TO PROTECT US FROM A TYRANNY OF THE GOVERNMENT. Lets stop this bullshit about guns are a hunter's right, right now!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
29-12-2012, 05:23 PM
So because there is more deaths from drink drivers we should just completely ignore those near 10,000 murdered each year?

I'm sure the fact more people are killed by drunk drivers is real comforting to the parents of those 20 children...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
29-12-2012, 05:29 PM
The power of people to over throw their government is not tied to their gun numbers, but their resolve. How many examples of governments taking away the rights of their people through democratic processes can you name? How would guns have helped that?

Evolve
29-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Interesting fact: Cars, unlike guns, do not have the sole purpose OF KILLING OTHER PEOPLE. Yeah, I know, that little nugget gets lost in the statistic comparisons, but yeah, a child can't exactly cause mass mayhem with a parked vehicle. A loaded pistol or rifle? Not so innocuous a result.
[+] 2 users Like otakursed's post
29-12-2012, 06:38 PM
(29-12-2012 06:34 PM)otakursed Wrote:  Interesting fact: Cars, unlike guns, do not have the sole purpose OF KILLING OTHER PEOPLE. Yeah, I know, that little nugget gets lost in the statistic comparisons, but yeah, a child can't exactly cause mass mayhem with a parked vehicle. A loaded pistol or rifle? Not so innocuous a result.
The car isn't the point. The alcohol is. And anyone can drive a car through a crowd and kill dozens.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Also, in conjunction with my questions and comments about other European countries, I keep hearing the retort that we already have guns laws and bans on certain types of weapons. I don't understand how this is an argument against more and better laws. I can see how it argues that what we currently have doesn't work. But that seems to feed the conclusion of change, not status quo. Or is there something I am missing? How is the argument that the laws don't work an argument for no restrictions? I hear it used along with the drug war laws not working. People don't follow speed limits either, get rid of them? People shoplift even though it's illegal, get rid of those laws? Do you really want to live in a society that polices itself? You want Ken Hovind enforcing his laws? Or Newt Gingrich? I don't.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post