9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(30-12-2012 01:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Shit, I can't even get my arguments acknowledged.
That's because logic is not accepted among those who are arguing against our position here.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
30-12-2012, 01:53 PM
According to this webshite (I don't think it's accurate at all)

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rat...istics.php

Heart Disease: 653187
Cancer: 549508
Tobacco: 349516
Obesity: 306575
Medical Errors: 194730
Stroke: 149939
Lower Respiratory Disease: 123713
Accident (unintentional): 108544
Hospital Associated Infection: 98863
Alcohol: 99862
Diabetes: 72714
Alzheimer's Disease: 65738
Influenza/Pneumonia: 61387
Kidney Failure: 42703
Blood Infection: 33418
Drunk Driving: 33761
Unintentional Poisoning: 31714
All Drug Abuse: 24970
Prescription Drug Overdose: 14979

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Re: RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(30-12-2012 11:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 10:53 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  You seem to want to take the firearms out of my house, which isnt going to happen.

Its no surprise you have no practical knowledge of guns.
So, it turns out that you actually are deliberately attacking a straw man argument.

So If you for keep firearms at a residence, why mention how all of the "sports" can be done at the range and gun be kept there?

IMPLY SOMETHING USING SEMI VAGUE LANGUAGE AS A ARGUMENT

CRY LOGICAL FALLACY WHEN PERSON REFUTES IT

BTW guys, that "rocket launcher" was a inert training device, it says "TRAINER'' right on the tube.

Ever notice in police buy back programs how they have a table full of rusted small caliber hand guns, and then like 3 well kept, machine pistols prominently displayed? Thats a clueCool
30-12-2012, 05:17 PM
(30-12-2012 01:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  According to this webshite (I don't think it's accurate at all)

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rat...istics.php

Heart Disease: 653187
Cancer: 549508
Tobacco: 349516
Obesity: 306575
Medical Errors: 194730
Stroke: 149939
Lower Respiratory Disease: 123713
Accident (unintentional): 108544
Hospital Associated Infection: 98863
Alcohol: 99862
Diabetes: 72714
Alzheimer's Disease: 65738
Influenza/Pneumonia: 61387
Kidney Failure: 42703
Blood Infection: 33418
Drunk Driving: 33761
Unintentional Poisoning: 31714
All Drug Abuse: 24970
Prescription Drug Overdose: 14979

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
The number I cited was just innocent victims of drunk driving. It doesn't include the drunk driver. The 33K number could still be correct if it counts all the deaths from drunk driving where just the driver was involved/killed.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 05:25 PM
(30-12-2012 01:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Shit, I can't even get my arguments acknowledged.
Which one? The one about getting rid of speed limits? That's ridiculous. But banning guns would be more akin to making it illegal to build a car that goes over 70 MPH or whatever the speed limit is where you live. Can't stop people from speeding, ban cars that speed. Can't stop people from shooting, ban weapons that shoot. Fact is that there are people who do legally drive their cars to the limit. They take them to a track or somewhere like Salt Flats. Just like there are people who responsibly use guns. All kinds of guns. Banning them won't get rid of the problem because we already have 300 million of them and even if we didn't there is no direct proof that a ban would reduce shootings. Especially since we do know that criminals don't follow the law to begin with. Hence the term criminal. Even if it did prevent criminals from shooting there is no evidence to suggest that they wouldn't just use a baseball bat, knife, or gasoline/fire to do the deed. Someone in China recently went into a school and stabbed like 30 kids before he was stopped.

On top of all of that we have a Constitutional right to own and possess firearms. Not because people hunt and not because crazy people shoot at crowds. But because an armed populace is the best weapon against a tyrannical government. Our founding fathers were aware of this and it still holds true today.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 05:31 PM
(30-12-2012 05:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
Which one? The one about getting rid of speed limits? That's ridiculous. But banning guns would be more akin to making it illegal to build a car that goes over 70 MPH or whatever the speed limit is where you live. Can't stop people from speeding, ban cars that speed. Can't stop people from shooting, ban weapons that shoot. Fact is that there are people who do legally drive their cars to the limit. They take them to a track or somewhere like Salt Flats. Just like there are people who responsibly use guns. All kinds of guns. Banning them won't get rid of the problem because we already have 300 million of them and even if we didn't there is no direct proof that a ban would reduce shootings. Especially since we do know that criminals don't follow the law to begin with. Hence the term criminal. Even if it did prevent criminals from shooting there is no evidence to suggest that they wouldn't just use a baseball bat, knife, or gasoline/fire to do the deed. Someone in China recently went into a school and stabbed like 30 kids before he was stopped.

On top of all of that we have a Constitutional right to own and possess firearms. Not because people hunt and not because crazy people shoot at crowds. But because an armed populace is the best weapon against a tyrannical government. Our founding fathers were aware of this and it still holds true today.

I never said ban guns. Where did I suggest that? We need better laws, not just the same ones we have. Your entire first reply on cars and speed limits is both a non sequitur and a straw man.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
30-12-2012, 05:39 PM
My questions on why we need the accessories and weapons we have access to. And my questions about comparisons with other European nations.

30-12-2012, 05:41 PM
(30-12-2012 05:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 05:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Which one? The one about getting rid of speed limits? That's ridiculous. But banning guns would be more akin to making it illegal to build a car that goes over 70 MPH or whatever the speed limit is where you live. Can't stop people from speeding, ban cars that speed. Can't stop people from shooting, ban weapons that shoot. Fact is that there are people who do legally drive their cars to the limit. They take them to a track or somewhere like Salt Flats. Just like there are people who responsibly use guns. All kinds of guns. Banning them won't get rid of the problem because we already have 300 million of them and even if we didn't there is no direct proof that a ban would reduce shootings. Especially since we do know that criminals don't follow the law to begin with. Hence the term criminal. Even if it did prevent criminals from shooting there is no evidence to suggest that they wouldn't just use a baseball bat, knife, or gasoline/fire to do the deed. Someone in China recently went into a school and stabbed like 30 kids before he was stopped.

I never said ban guns. Where did I suggest that? We need better laws, not just the same ones we have. Your entire first reply on cars and speed limits is both a non sequitur and a straw man.
You mentioned something about not being able to stop speeders so should we get rid of speeding laws.

What laws could have possibly been enacted prior to December that would have stopped Adam Lanza from shooting 27 people? He acquired the guns illegally, brought them on school property illegally. He clearly wasn't concerned with the law. If his mom only had 1 pistol instead of all the guns she had he could still have stolen it, shot her, and reloaded it as many times as necessary to shoot 27 people. If guns were banned altogether and none were available to him then prove he wouldn't have just set the building on fire.

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 05:43 PM
(30-12-2012 05:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  My questions on why we need the accessories and weapons we have access to. And my questions about comparisons with other European nations.
Even if the answer was 'we don't need AR-15s' that doesn't mean we shouldn't have them. Since banning scary looking guns won't stop shootings it seems fairly evident that banning them doesn't make any sense. We don't need alcohol or cigarettes but they are legal and kill far more people a year than guns. Why do you want to ban things for the sake of banning things? The assault weapons ban expired in 2004 and gun homicide steadily decreased before and since then at a pretty rapid rate despite record sales of guns like AKs and ARs.

-Mark Twain
30-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm not entirely sure what laws would be necessary to help prevent these massacres, but I am no policymaker either. The way I see it, anything that contributes to better control and improves our situation is great. He may have acquired them illegally but his mother didn't. What about this "smart gun" technology that only recognizes the owner? That would be awesome.

My suggestions for removing speed limits was to portray your position as a farce. I was not serious.

Your still attacking the straw man that I said ban guns.

Cigarettes, alcohol, cheeseburgers, cars, etc were not designed to kill either.

[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How the NRA killed the debate. witerat 23 930 17-01-2013 06:04 PM
Last Post: TheBlackKnight