9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 07:59 AM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(30-12-2012 06:12 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 06:03 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm not entirely sure what laws would be necessary to help prevent these massacres, but I am no policymaker either. The way I see it, anything that contributes to better control and improves our situation is great. He may have acquired them illegally but his mother didn't. What about this "smart gun" technology that only recognizes the owner? That would be awesome.

My suggestions for removing speed limits was to portray your position as a farce. I was not serious.

Your still attacking the straw man that I said ban guns.

Cigarettes, alcohol, cheeseburgers, cars, etc were not designed to kill either.
I know you weren't serious about it. I never suggest we get rid of gun laws either. I'm satisfied with current gun laws.

And it doesn't matter that they weren't designed to kill. They do. Guns are for whatever the buyer wants them for. Many are for target shooting and never kill anything.

And I'm not satisfied with our current gun laws. I look at places like Australia and think "10+ years of no mass shootings sounds pretty freaking good."

It's also worth noting that as people are made aware of the dangers of such h unintentionally harmful products, they begin to avoid them. And as our technology improves, we continue to decrease the risk of such avoidable deaths. Like better car engineering and more and better information about nutritional content.

No ones right to own anything exceeds the right to someone else's life.

You still haven't addressed my questions about the other European nations and their attitudes towards guns and their government.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers. - TheBeardedDude - 31-12-2012 07:59 AM