9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
I think you forget that "the ones who do" will be the federales with the full force of the nation's law behind them, and its full arsenal at their disposal. Including the Pentagon's if necessary. So it would ultimately be a very uneven match.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Well it's not like anyone intelligent is dying. 26,000 idiots have been killed and I don't give a fuck. Why because I take it upon myself to be responsible when I'm walking. Wary of every car that is coming towards me, even when I'm driving. A lot of idiots do not take this simple precaution which could save their lives. Like that idiot who was walking alongside the road the other day... just kept walking not bothering to go into the ditch. Normally I'd just go off to the left, but there was this other car coming so I couldn't do that. So instead I just cut my speed in half which was going pretty slow, but worth it. I'm not going to be responsible for the death of a dumb bitch.

Second. I avoid heavily populated areas, this right here has the potential to save so many lives. The more dense the population, the more likely accidents can happen, and the more likely the epidemic of ignorance can spread due to failure in adequate education which leads them to murder others mindlessly. I also own a gun, so I can easily protect myself from the idiots who have guns.

Now if only a major natural disaster could happen on the East and West Coast. Maybe like a super tsunami, millions would die. Millions of worthless bags of flesh just drifting into the sea. Sucks about the Tsunami that hit Japan though, sucks loosing so many intelligent people.
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
(08-01-2013 07:53 PM)Svengali Wrote:  I think you forget that "the ones who do" will be the federales with the full force of the nation's law behind them, and its full arsenal at their disposal. Including the Pentagon's if necessary. So it would ultimately be a very uneven match.
UM, no. Federal LEO are rather disbursed, and live and play in the same communities as everyone else. One common misconception is that Feds are more competent and draw more power,which isnt true. Infact sometimes the inverse is true.A Federal search warrant is only servable during daylight hours for example. State and Local can kick your shit in at 3 am if they deem soo.

And what"arsenal" are you refering to? You think the 3 letter guys have stockpiles of loaded mags waiting? Yeah,they do, in their personal gun rooms LOL Laughat
11-01-2013, 09:21 AM
And back to the conspiracy theories of "our government is out to get us" despite the fact that there are a lot of politicians advocating FOR the pro-gun side of the debate.

No one has yet to address my challenge of naming a European country that has stringent fire arms restrictions where they government is either A) systematically taking away its citizens rights B) name any democratic country where fire arms where necessary to over throw a government that actually was taking away their rights C) name me a country where they would want to overthrow their government if they had more firearms.

Evolve
11-01-2013, 09:36 AM
(11-01-2013 09:21 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And back to the conspiracy theories of "our government is out to get us" despite the fact that there are a lot of politicians advocating FOR the pro-gun side of the debate.

No one has yet to address my challenge of naming a European country that has stringent fire arms restrictions where they government is either A) systematically taking away its citizens rights B) name any democratic country where fire arms where necessary to over throw a government that actually was taking away their rights C) name me a country where they would want to overthrow their government if they had more firearms.

You're restricting this to European countries because ... ?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Alright, pick any democratic country that is not a third world nation.

Evolve
11-01-2013, 01:58 PM
No European country has the same level of ensured personal freedoms as the US.
////////////////////////

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/piers-morgan...ats-fox-19
11-01-2013, 02:00 PM
(11-01-2013 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Alright, pick any democratic country that is not a third world nation.
OK, again, why are you limiting the selection?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2013, 02:06 PM
(11-01-2013 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Alright, pick any democratic country that is not a third world nation.
OK, again, why are you limiting the selection?
Because all the Europeans that had any balls got on a boat, and came here.
11-01-2013, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 02:21 PM by ClydeLee.)
(11-01-2013 01:58 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  No European country has the same level of ensured personal freedoms as the US.
////////////////////////

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/piers-morgan...ats-fox-19
The violent crime rate had always had it's spikes of being higher in the U.K. It's high.. and has been on a noticeable decline since they enacted stricter laws and eventual gun ban in the mid 90s.

[Image: Violent-crime-rates-UK-1981-to-2007.png]
"The 2010/11 BCS showed overall violence was down 47 per cent on the
level seen at its peak in 1995; representing nearly two million fewer
violent offences per year."

And I'm not sure the personnel freedom claim is in anyway true these days. Especially after the laws enacted over the past decade, if not for nearly half a century now. European countries aren't what they were when the USA was the new model of freedom, many did great wonders to reform after WWII in enacting levels of human rights based of the US with improved ideas that progressed with 150 years of thought.

(And the answers to those questions: B: The United States of America C: Russia (Ask some of the many protesting intellectual elites who notice their democracy isn't quite trustworthy.))

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson