9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Re: RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(12-01-2013 06:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 06:22 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  What makes you think I did? Bush wanted to re-enstate the "AWB" as well, but he didnt act on it. He and Obama will continue to enjoy protection with full auto, STANDARD capacity firearms while claiming us common folk have no need for such evil machines.

Hey, dude, I'm not arguing with you - just pointing out that you can't pin the Katrina shit on Obama.

I just returned from a gun show - people were lined up out the door. The prices for everything are up.

I didnt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(12-01-2013 06:58 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 06:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hey, dude, I'm not arguing with you - just pointing out that you can't pin the Katrina shit on Obama.

I just returned from a gun show - people were lined up out the door. The prices for everything are up.

I didnt.

Yeah, OK. It just sounded like you were connecting the two.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM
(11-01-2013 06:22 PM)Diablo Wrote:  If the point of the 2nd amendment is for the people to be able to
overthrow an unjust government, then isn't restricting those things a
violation?

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that was the point of the 2nd amendment. I
also understand that over time most of the bill of rights has collided
with other parts of the constitution (particularly the "general welfare"
clause of article 1) and it has been up to courts to weigh which part
of the constitution has precedent when two parts conflict. The idea that
the 2nd amendment, and only the 2nd amendment, is absolute is one I
don't buy into. I also think assault rifles are an area where the
"General Welfare" clause would win out.

We have tried gun control here and it has failed. That is mainly because
the gun lobby makes sure it is so full of holes that it cannot work.
Australia implemented an assault weapons ban in 1996 and hasn't had a
single mass shooting since. Australians still enjoy their freedom, they
still hunt and shoot. They just do it with more modest weapons

The problem with the "general welfare" thing is that rifles, and the even smaller subset of AR style rifles, pose such little actual, statistical threat in comparison to more common firearms used in most gun CRIME. Also KIM that when most people list gun homicide numbers, included in those are justified shootings by LEOs and citizens IE not a criminal act.

So while mass shootings are sensational and covered heavily in the media,they pose little actual threat in the scope of things and are dwarfed by other things that anti-gunners cant abide by when listed.
12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
(29-12-2012 04:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Interesting statistic, but I am not sure that alone proves any real point.... except maybe there needs to be tighter laws against drunk driving.

People should be fingerprinted and have their DNA put on file at birth any damn way.
Tighter laws on alchohol will stop it. I mean if history shows us anything it's that people that break the laws will stop if you make the punishments more horrible. Dodgy And then you add that little gem at the end. Keep a record of everyone's personally identifiable and unique information on file, you know, just in case.

13-01-2013, 12:20 AM
(12-01-2013 07:40 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 06:22 PM)Diablo Wrote:  If the point of the 2nd amendment is for the people to be able to
overthrow an unjust government, then isn't restricting those things a
violation?

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that was the point of the 2nd amendment. I
also understand that over time most of the bill of rights has collided
with other parts of the constitution (particularly the "general welfare"
clause of article 1) and it has been up to courts to weigh which part
of the constitution has precedent when two parts conflict. The idea that
the 2nd amendment, and only the 2nd amendment, is absolute is one I
don't buy into. I also think assault rifles are an area where the
"General Welfare" clause would win out.

We have tried gun control here and it has failed. That is mainly because
the gun lobby makes sure it is so full of holes that it cannot work.
Australia implemented an assault weapons ban in 1996 and hasn't had a
single mass shooting since. Australians still enjoy their freedom, they
still hunt and shoot. They just do it with more modest weapons

The problem with the "general welfare" thing is that rifles, and the even smaller subset of AR style rifles, pose such little actual, statistical threat in comparison to more common firearms used in most gun CRIME. Also KIM that when most people list gun homicide numbers, included in those are justified shootings by LEOs and citizens IE not a criminal act.

So while mass shootings are sensational and covered heavily in the media,they pose little actual threat in the scope of things and are dwarfed by other things that anti-gunners cant abide by when listed.

This is because it is easier to gun someone down and rob them with a handgun you can conceal than a large rifle that everyone can see and run for cover. Yes mass shootings happen, but the people that do it are seriously screwed up in the head. The most common motive for a shooting is money. Therefore the guns that are preferred for theft are going to be the ones responsible for the most death.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
13-01-2013, 12:26 AM
(12-01-2013 07:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 04:14 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Interesting statistic, but I am not sure that alone proves any real point.... except maybe there needs to be tighter laws against drunk driving.

People should be fingerprinted and have their DNA put on file at birth any damn way.

Tighter laws on alchohol will stop it. I mean if history shows us anything it's that people that break the laws will stop if you make the punishments more horrible. Dodgy And then you add that little gem at the end. Keep a record of everyone's personally identifiable and unique information on file, you know, just in case.

I think tougher laws could work to stop drunk driving. If the first offense is losing your license for 6 months or a year. Second offense is you never get it back. First offense in which you hit and kill someone should be a 1st degree murder charge, and anyone that is in the car with you and also too drunk to drive need to be hit as accessories to the murder charge. Then people might actually think twice before driving drunk, it will also thin get rid of people that don't deserve to have the things that they take for granted. Give someone else a shot at that persons job.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
13-01-2013, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 01:43 AM by Dark Light.)
(13-01-2013 12:26 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 07:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Tighter laws on alchohol will stop it. I mean if history shows us anything it's that people that break the laws will stop if you make the punishments more horrible. Dodgy And then you add that little gem at the end. Keep a record of everyone's personally identifiable and unique information on file, you know, just in case.

I think tougher laws could work to stop drunk driving. If the first offense is losing your license for 6 months or a year. Second offense is you never get it back. First offense in which you hit and kill someone should be a 1st degree murder charge, and anyone that is in the car with you and also too drunk to drive need to be hit as accessories to the murder charge. Then people might actually think twice before driving drunk, it will also thin get rid of people that don't deserve to have the things that they take for granted. Give someone else a shot at that persons job.
Birdguy,

In the politics section you have already lost any respect from me. Not because I disagree with them because I have a different political philosophy, but because they are idiotic at best and cruel at it's worst. Wanting people to burn to death for drinking and driving was one of those I specifically remember. No intervention from firefighters or police officers, just fuck 'em.

With that here are some DUI penalties in other countries, which has not ended drunk driving.

El Salvador
Under the law, a conviction for DUI results in license suspension and seizure of your vehicle. Additionally, police have the authority to arrest and fine you if your DUI incident is particularly grievous. Immediate loss of license for a minimum of six months if it is your first offense and a permanent loss for your second offense.

El Salvador
Anyone with a BAC over 0.01 (which is effectively zero tolerance), automatic license suspension, seizure of your vehicle and probable fines

Russia
A first-time
offender convicted of a DUI can have their license suspended for up to two years; In addition, knowingly allowing an intoxicated person to drive can get your license suspended; Refusing a field or chemical sobriety test can result in a fifteen day imprisonment.

United Arab Emirates
Known to be 80 lashes and $7,000

13-01-2013, 01:51 AM
(13-01-2013 01:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 12:26 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I think tougher laws could work to stop drunk driving. If the first offense is losing your license for 6 months or a year. Second offense is you never get it back. First offense in which you hit and kill someone should be a 1st degree murder charge, and anyone that is in the car with you and also too drunk to drive need to be hit as accessories to the murder charge. Then people might actually think twice before driving drunk, it will also thin get rid of people that don't deserve to have the things that they take for granted. Give someone else a shot at that persons job.
Birdguy,

In the politics section you have already lost any respect from me. Not because I disagree with them because I have a different political philosophy, but because they are idiotic at best and cruel at it's worst. Wanting people to burn to death for drinking and driving was one of those I specifically remember. No intervention from firefighters or police officers, just fuck 'em.

With that here are some DUI penalties in other countries, which has not ended drunk driving.

El Salvador
Under the law, a conviction for DUI results in license suspension and seizure of your vehicle. Additionally, police have the authority to arrest and fine you if your DUI incident is particularly grievous. Immediate loss of license for a minimum of six months if it is your first offense and a permanent loss for your second offense.

El Salvador
Anyone with a BAC over 0.01 (which is effectively zero tolerance), automatic license suspension, seizure of your vehicle and probable fines

Russia
A first-time
offender convicted of a DUI can have their license suspended for up to two years; In addition, knowingly allowing an intoxicated person to drive can get your license suspended; Refusing a field or chemical sobriety test can result in a fifteen day imprisonment.

United Arab Emirates
Known to be 80 lashes and $7,000

I am not sure how I am being cruel. I embrace evolution. The rich in every country embrace evolution. They all have the attitude that they are better than everyone that works for a living. If I am not addicted to alcohol and I am able to control my drinking, then I am better equipped to live than the ones that have to be drunk all the time. We need to thin the herd. Way too many fucked up individuals around that don't care, since the consequences that apply to you and I seem to almost never apply to them.
13-01-2013, 02:03 AM
(13-01-2013 12:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  [

This is because it is easier to gun someone down and rob them with a handgun you can conceal than a large rifle that everyone can see and run for cover. Yes mass shootings happen, but the people that do it are seriously screwed up in the head. The most common motive for a shooting is money. Therefore the guns that are preferred for theft are going to be the ones responsible for the most death.

Obvious post is obvious.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
13-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote: They all have the attitude that they are better than everyone that works for a living.

I wasn't aware you personally knew the thought process of every single rich person on the face of the earth.

You wanna know why I think I am better then you Birdman?
Because I don't sit in the same shit job for 12+ years knowing it's a shit job and doing nothing about it but bitch and moan, blaming every one else for your situation apart from yourself.
Don't like it, get off your ass and do something about it. But don't sit there doing nothing but having a bitch about this that and the other and expect people to change things for you.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]