9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 05:03 AM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(13-01-2013 04:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: They all have the attitude that they are better than everyone that works for a living.

I wasn't aware you personally knew the thought process of every single rich person on the face of the earth.

You wanna know why I think I am better then you Birdman?
Because I don't sit in the same shit job for 12+ years knowing it's a shit job and doing nothing about it but bitch and moan, blaming every one else for your situation apart from yourself.
Don't like it, get off your ass and do something about it. But don't sit there doing nothing but having a bitch about this that and the other and expect people to change things for you.

The same thing applies to everyone else. I have been trying to leave this stinking job for a while now. If someone's life sucks so much that they need to drink huge amounts of alcohol, who am I to stop them from killing themselves. My anger comes from the fact that I have never broken the law, except for a minor driving violation over a decade ago. These people that I hate so much are almost never not in violation of at least one law and there is never a consequence for their actions. When they do finally have it catch them in the ass, it needs to be used as an example for others. I don't habitually break the laws. I don't drive drunk. I don't go around killing innocent people because getting drunk and driving home is more important than everyone else on the road. My anger is justified. You act as if I have no reason to be angry.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 10:40 AM
(29-12-2012 01:27 PM)germanyt Wrote:  9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

I guess alcohol isn't on the 'agenda'.

Quite an audacious OP, but I don't think the opposition will be willing to rival.

You, I assume, realize how they reacted when told they could no longer own other human beings (personally, I would have thought that would have been an easy one). After coming to that realization, I would have had to, myself, assume, also, that you would have reached the conclusion that taking away their ability to, in an extremely easy way, take the lives of those that actually possess things like an intellect, ideas, arguments, facts, etc., would go prior to anything else on the "agenda".

I do think that being an alcoholic is vile, that having an imaginary friend as an adult is ridiculous, and even that driving a car around a track, or straight, at a high speed, or slow, is an atrocious form of entertainment and competition (i.e. I hate cars in general); but I'm not going to come out publicly opposed to all of those things, before taking away their main method for settling disputes of which they are on the wrong side.

Because, that would be dumb right? Should I go for my gun?

(29-12-2012 04:18 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It proves that nobody gives a fuck about the victims.

Obviously, I don't "give a fuck about the victims". I don't even go as far as acting like I care about the victims.

We do all know that--why it should be obvious "nobody gives a fuck about the victims"--in order to care, you have to pick out and demonize a specific group of people with some supposed relation to the attacker(s) and go after them vindictively and with a lust for their blood.

Correct?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
13-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Drunken gun deaths? o_O

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2013, 06:26 PM
(13-01-2013 05:03 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 04:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wasn't aware you personally knew the thought process of every single rich person on the face of the earth.

You wanna know why I think I am better then you Birdman?
Because I don't sit in the same shit job for 12+ years knowing it's a shit job and doing nothing about it but bitch and moan, blaming every one else for your situation apart from yourself.
Don't like it, get off your ass and do something about it. But don't sit there doing nothing but having a bitch about this that and the other and expect people to change things for you.

The same thing applies to everyone else. I have been trying to leave this stinking job for a while now. If someone's life sucks so much that they need to drink huge amounts of alcohol, who am I to stop them from killing themselves. My anger comes from the fact that I have never broken the law, except for a minor driving violation over a decade ago. These people that I hate so much are almost never not in violation of at least one law and there is never a consequence for their actions. When they do finally have it catch them in the ass, it needs to be used as an example for others. I don't habitually break the laws. I don't drive drunk. I don't go around killing innocent people because getting drunk and driving home is more important than everyone else on the road. My anger is justified. You act as if I have no reason to be angry.
re-read my post, making sure to note the quote I quoted.
Nothing to do with drink driving.

And I stand by my point.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
13-01-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 07:59 PM by Diablo.)
(13-01-2013 02:03 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 12:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  [

This is because it is easier to gun someone down and rob them with a handgun you can conceal than a large rifle that everyone can see and run for cover. Yes mass shootings happen, but the people that do it are seriously screwed up in the head. The most common motive for a shooting is money. Therefore the guns that are preferred for theft are going to be the ones responsible for the most death.

Obvious post is obvious.
Of course it is obvious....but that doesn't make the point less valid It clearly proves that statistic is nothing but a red herring.

Here is something you might not hear at the NRA.
The Mexican drug cartels smuggle massive amounts of assault guns, bought legally, across the border every day. These weapons are then routinely used in killings.
13-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Re: RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(13-01-2013 06:56 PM)Diablo Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 02:03 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Obvious post is obvious.
Of course it is obvious....but that doesn't make the point less valid It clearly proves that statistic is nothing but a red herring.

Here is something you might not hear at the NRA.
The Mexican drug cartels smuggle massive amounts of assault guns, bought legally, across the border every day. These weapons are then routinely used in killings.

Which statistic? And how does all that explain why gun grabbers are going after rifles? The obama admin certainly dosent mind seeing arms in the hands of common folk in certain countries right now, and thats why we are selling/arranging them, and trying to cover it up when we leaving a US ambassador and security personnel out to dry. Who remembers Oli North and the Contras?

What you are doing by using the words"massive" is misrepresenting the issue by not mentioning the fact that cartel's own the cops and a lot of the military and only really started traveling here for guns when all of mexico's armories were raided dry by paid off defectors. But yes I did know that, because the justice dept. Knowingly made private businesses sell the cartels arms which were later used to kill federal agents.

The American people won't be deprived arms because the shithole of a country to our south can't function and leadership refuses to do something about it.
14-01-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 12:16 AM by Diablo.)
The statistic that shows most people aren't killed by rifles.

It is nothing but a red herring. It's completely off-topic.

Yes, of course the drug cartels can do w/e the fuck they want. Again, this is just another red herring though. The point is that people are being slaughtered from assault rifles LEGALLY purchased in the US, and transported to Mexico.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
14-01-2013, 07:14 PM
(12-01-2013 11:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because when you make comparisons between things, you compare things that are similar. Aka, we don't do drug trials on fungi as a means of evaluating their benefit to humans and comparing developing and third world nations to first world nations is on par with that.

So the point still seems to be this conspiracy that the government wants to disarm us. There are plenty of politicians advocating for the pro-gun lobby. Mainly on the conservative side. You know, the same well-educated folks advocating other great ideas like education reformed designed to allow the teaching of ID?

LA LA LA LA .

No. No. I'll wait for the replies that never come from my criticisms, questions, and challenges.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
15-01-2013, 10:54 AM
(14-01-2013 06:17 PM)Diablo Wrote:  The statistic that shows most people aren't killed by rifles.

It is nothing but a red herring. It's completely off-topic.

Yes, of course the drug cartels can do w/e the fuck they want. Again, this is just another red herring though. The point is that people are being slaughtered from assault rifles LEGALLY purchased in the US, and transported to Mexico.
So my point about how actual crimes commited with a AR style rifle while right now being politically crucified because they look scary, are such a small percentage of actual gun crime is off topic.

Then you go on to talk about "assault rifles" used in crimes.

but I'm still off topic. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
15-01-2013, 10:55 AM
(14-01-2013 07:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 11:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because when you make comparisons between things, you compare things that are similar. Aka, we don't do drug trials on fungi as a means of evaluating their benefit to humans and comparing developing and third world nations to first world nations is on par with that.

So the point still seems to be this conspiracy that the government wants to disarm us. There are plenty of politicians advocating for the pro-gun lobby. Mainly on the conservative side. You know, the same well-educated folks advocating other great ideas like education reformed designed to allow the teaching of ID?

LA LA LA LA .

No. No. I'll wait for the replies that never come from my criticisms, questions, and challenges.
You act as tho they mean something.

Don't forgot to evoke "the facts" too.