9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
@Chas: Not sure which part you're asking about.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2013, 06:42 PM
(16-01-2013 06:35 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Virginia Tech shooting: 32 dead, 17 wounded. Weapons used? Pistols: 2 Assault Rifles: 0

Assault weapons are a scapegoat, nothing more than a cover up for our failures as a society.

There is no real merit behind the unarming of our citizens.
I definitely agree that the main problems are economic and social.

I am pro-gun, but I see no legal justification for extremely dangerous weapons. It just seems kind of stupid. We are incurring a good deal of potential risk, and I don't see the gain.

You get one good shot when you go hunting.
The act of displaying a firearm should be sufficient for self defense in most situations.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
16-01-2013, 06:47 PM
(16-01-2013 06:37 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  @Chas: Not sure which part you're asking about.

Why can't you own a gun?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Re: RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(16-01-2013 06:30 PM)Diablo Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 06:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is not the job of the Supreme Court.

"Assault Weapon" is a term invented by the anti-gun people.
Whose job is it then? Who writes legal definitions?

You said that a better definition was required. Unless you are merely arguing that it is impossible, which isn't true.

The problem with arguments like the above are they don't advocate action. They mock and strive for complete inaction. Its nothing but a red herring. Look at this silly gun-safety crazy over here that doesn't understand these cosmetic features, and forget about the discussion regarding gun safety.

No one is calling for inaction across the board, you are making that up and crying red herring for everything.

You also claim that pistols have legitimate self defense use, but a AR15 dosent? GTFO!

The actual definition of a assault rifle is a select fire carbine chambered in a intermediate caliber. M4A1? Yes,it's semi and full auto and is chambered in 5.56x45. M110 or G3? No, those are battle rifles due to being chambered in 7.62x51 Nato. Actual AK47s and AK 74s are both assault rifles.
16-01-2013, 06:56 PM
@Chas: I got a felony when I was 17, had an entirely different mentality then.
16-01-2013, 07:03 PM
(16-01-2013 06:30 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Whose job is it then? Who writes legal definitions?

You said that a better definition was required. Unless you are merely arguing that it is impossible, which isn't true.

The problem with arguments like the above are they don't advocate action. They mock and strive for complete inaction. Its nothing but a red herring. Look at this silly gun-safety crazy over here that doesn't understand these cosmetic features, and forget about the discussion regarding gun safety.

We don't need a definition for "assault weapon"! What would be next 'cutting scissors'? That way we can describe the difference from that and all of the people running around with scissors that don't cut shit.

I think the word "assault" was just used in place of "badass looking". You can't have people in Congress running around talking about "badass looking" rifles and "bad ass looking" weapons, thus substitute in "assault". Booom!! Problem solved; you start looking like you give a shit now.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
16-01-2013, 07:04 PM
(16-01-2013 06:56 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  @Chas: I got a felony when I was 17, had an entirely different mentality then.

Bummer. There should be a time waiver for juvenile offences.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Weren't weapons like the AR15 banned up to 2004? Why is everyone acting like they are crucial to their survival now?

Even if we ignore the safety issue, which I agree is often completely overblown. What is the argument for allowing weapons like the AR15?
Not the 2nd amendment either... That isn't an argument.
16-01-2013, 07:10 PM
(16-01-2013 07:07 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Weren't weapons like the AR15 banned up to 2004? Why is everyone acting like they are crucial to their survival now?

Even if we ignore the safety issue, which I agree is often completely overblown. What is the argument for allowing weapons like the AR15?
Not the 2nd amendment either... That isn't an argument.

No, the AR-15 was not banned in the 1994-2004 "Assault Weapons Ban", only certain configurations of it and other so-called 'assault weapons'.

AR-15 rifles were still manufactured, sold, and bought as long as they conformed to certain cosmetic restrictions.

What is the argument for banning them?

16-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Overblown hysteria about gun violence and safety. Its not much, but at least there is a reason.