9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(20-01-2013 11:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm saying that the society is not healthy due to massive income, wealth, educational, and opportunity inequities.
Health care and social services as they are can't cope with this shit as it is. And then there's the really stupid fucking "War on Drugs".

Those are the underlying problems. We all have to face the fact that the guns aren't going away. It can not happen politically, and probably not practically.

Institute a real national health care like Taiwan or Switzerland or others, decriminalize drugs, put some real effort into education; do rational things that improve society and people's lives.

Until then, it will be a violent and dangerous country. Until then, I keep my gun.

I'd agree with the underlying problems-- probably more that they are there and more important, more than with what they actually are. But, to that, my point would have to be what it has been throughout: If we seriously can't resolve an issue with guns, how in the hell would anyone think we would even come remotely close to solving problems like those?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers. - TrulyX - 21-01-2013 12:17 PM