9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers.
(21-01-2013 06:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Many U.S. states (particularly those that endorse the Castle Doctrine) include defending oneself against forcible entry of one's home as part of their definition of justifiable homicide without any obligation to retreat.

This includes the use of a firearm.

Okay.

That's more of a separate discussion, regarding how laws should, if at all, differ in certain locations. You probably have caught on to my ideology enough by now, to know that I would disagree with any law (any place) without any obligation to retreat (depending on how it was worded) and it being justifiable homicide, especially if explicitly stated that lethal forces is allowed, without first being physically attacked.

I really don't see the relevance of this, beyond showing that people suck at making laws and that politics is full of shit, even outside of gun laws.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9,146 gun homicides in US. 16,885 killed by drunk drivers. - TrulyX - 22-01-2013 10:17 AM