9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 03:48 AM
9 Dead in SC church shooting
While one can certainly feel bad for the survivors, the logic of "all powerful" just like when a church burns down for an accidental fire, the logic simply is not there to claim all powerful or all loving only to have innocent people murdered in a monument built to you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../28902017/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 03:52 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
Hard to know what to say. But are not mass shootings the norm in America?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 04:08 AM
This pisses me off more because of the way gun makers bully congress into "do nothing" and use the NRA as a lobby group. And every time there is a mass shooting the NRA always pulls "now is not the time". Bullshit, now is exactly the time.

But it also irritates me from a god claim perspective as far as logic. "All powerful" and "all loving" but cant or wont stop this, even in the house built in his name.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
18-06-2015, 04:11 AM
It's a disgusting act, it is in fact an anti-secular act.

I'm getting frustrated by how many people keep reiterating the "white man murders, mentally ill, black man murders, gangsta, muslim murders, terrorist" thing now. We don't know the motivation behind the shooting yet so until then we only have guesses, it'll probably end up being known as race motivated and not anti-religious because out of all the white churches he chose one primarily of black attendees.

I just hate when these events happen because people spin it around and abuse the situation in order to support their agenda, no matter how twisted it may be.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
18-06-2015, 04:16 AM
(18-06-2015 04:08 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  This pisses me off more because of the way gun makers bully congress into "do nothing" and use the NRA as a lobby group. And every time there is a mass shooting the NRA always pulls "now is not the time". Bullshit, now is exactly the time.

But it also irritates me from a god claim perspective as far as logic. "All powerful" and "all loving" but cant or wont stop this, even in the house built in his name.

How about maybe blaming the people who keep voting those politicians in. And, by big margins. I think the voting public bears a lot of the responsibility for how congress behaves.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
18-06-2015, 04:17 AM
I don't care why it was done, from accidental shootings in the home or domestic murder, from both legal and illegal guns, to street gangs to mass shootings, it is way past time to hold gun makers responsible for the flooded market they protect putting profits above human lives.

18-06-2015, 04:40 AM
(18-06-2015 04:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I don't care why it was done, from accidental shootings in the home or domestic murder, from both legal and illegal guns, to street gangs to mass shootings, it is way past time to hold gun makers responsible for the flooded market they protect putting profits above human lives.

The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-06-2015, 04:54 AM
One of the survivors said "This is inexplicable". BULLSHIT! Horrific yes, and no one sane would want to be witness to it. But, it is unfortunately quite explainable. Too many guns being made, too easy for them to get into the wrong hands. I am fucking tired of "don't blame responsible gun owners". I'M NOT BLAMING RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS. I am blaming the makers who don't give a fuck about the flooded market.

This is simply another industry driven by greed, just like the fossil fuel industry doesn't give a shit about how their product affects the planet.

18-06-2015, 05:01 AM

and you'd feel better getting shot by a gun that the shooter had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and wait 2 weeks for delivery?????????

Face it pal -- you're barking up the wrong tree. I understand your venom -- but you're not offering a solution. You're just yelling a lot.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 05:25 AM
(18-06-2015 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 04:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I don't care why it was done, from accidental shootings in the home or domestic murder, from both legal and illegal guns, to street gangs to mass shootings, it is way past time to hold gun makers responsible for the flooded market they protect putting profits above human lives.

The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.

BULL FUCKING SHIT,

Leave guns out of this for a second. Blaming demand for the problem is like oil companies say "fuck our responsibility, not our fault".

When you make a product, and it causes problems, you don't use demand to avoid responsibility. This bullshit excuse is is the same reason climate change is affecting our planet. Ethics in business, isn't about blaming the buyer. Ethics is knowing that as a maker of ANY product, that you reduce any possible harm to the public. If you are not doing that you are a fucking selfish dick.

Nothing humans make should be given a taboo as far as business. And as long as humans seek to make a profit off of any product, demand cannot be used as a dodge. You are basically defending greed when you argue bullshit like this.

Just like religion, business has to be forced to do the right thing. Just like Nadar got government to make cars safer. All I am seeing you do with this bullshit is defend a free for all market. Morality is knowing that you also have a responsibility when you sell something as well. Just like we don't sell beer to 5 year olds.

The makers are responsible, just like oil companies are responsible for climate change.

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post