9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(19-06-2015 06:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 05:04 PM)BnW Wrote:  This terrorist doesn't kill 9 people in that church with a knife.

Regarding the confederate battle flag flying over the South Carolina state capitol. It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

Excl Joke: Don't get panties in a knot! Excl

If you'll go cut that flag down with your knife, I'll defend you from being strung up by a mob of ignorant douche-bags, with my shotgun, in our fighting retreat!
Otherwise you on ya own! Confused
Tongue

The flag is on a monument on the lawn...you won't even need a ladder. But, I would suggest you carry a gun or two.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 06:35 PM
(19-06-2015 06:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 05:04 PM)BnW Wrote:  This terrorist doesn't kill 9 people in that church with a knife.

Regarding the confederate battle flag flying over the South Carolina state capitol. It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

Excl Joke: Don't get panties in a knot! Excl

If you'll go cut that flag down with your knife, I'll defend you from being strung up by a mob of ignorant douche-bags, with my shotgun, in our fighting retreat!
Tongue

I got that it was a joke here. My point is that it's not a joke that the state of South Carolina is officially flying it.

Ang - I know it's no longer in the state house and they moved it (I can't recall where). My point was the state itself is responsible for flying it, and - given how and why it got there - it's pretty despicable.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-06-2015, 06:40 PM
(19-06-2015 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, cause guns are the only way to take out a bunch of people.

cough, cough...Timothy McVeigh...cough, cough

Building a massive bomb out of fertilizer is a one off and, now that it's happened, not an easy thing to duplicate because the feds track the sale of the ingredients pretty well. Sure, it can happen again, but it's unlikely.

It's also really not the point. Again, that other things are dangerous and can be used for the ulterior purpose of killing people doesn't change the fact that guns are manufactured for the express purpose of taking life and are frequently used for that purpose. The reason everyone can name McVeigh is because he's the only person who did it. I can't even name all the shooters who have gone on killing sprees in any given year because there are so many of them.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-06-2015, 06:50 PM
(19-06-2015 06:35 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 06:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Excl Joke: Don't get panties in a knot! Excl

Tongue

I got that it was a joke here. My point is that it's not a joke that the state of South Carolina is officially flying it.

Ang - I know it's no longer in the state house and they moved it (I can't recall where). My point was the state itself is responsible for flying it, and - given how and why it got there - it's pretty despicable.

You said it was flying on the capital. It is no longer. But it is now much more visible as you see it without looking up every time you drive by. It was suggested that it be moved inside but instead was put on the grounds.

You don't seem to understand that SC is still run by the good old boys and simply moving the flag off the top of the capital was a big deal. I moved there in 87 and listened to the fight till the move in 2000.

I had a very educated and well-respected boss when I lived there who said this to me - When I was a kid we had a black maid, I loved her like my mother but I wouldn't sit down to Sunday dinner with her.

This is not a rare thing. It goes so deep and the word nigger is so common that most people there don't even realize it.

The shooting was a racist act - I lived among the Klan for 14 years. The visible Klan. They burned a church near where the kids and I lived. They shot up a black club, they marched in holiday parades in full regalia.

It's screwed up, believe me...I thought I had time traveled back to a time that was long gone.

A neighbor 'corrected' me when I said The Civil War...he said, "It's the War of Northern Aggression to you missy." DAFUQ - I was born in the south to a family who had been there since the 1600s.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Growing up in the midwest and many years in college towns filled with people of diverse backgrounds did not prepare me for life in BumFuck, SC.

The racist hatred in that state is something that an outsider cannot understand till they live in it and see it close up.

It is ugly to a degree that is impossible to describe.

The sweetest old ladies and men will speak the most vile, hateful things and not miss a beat...and they raise their kids that way, who raise their kids that way...and on it goes.

The war rages on there and I don't see it ending. They are stuck in their hatred and comfortable there.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-06-2015, 07:04 PM
(19-06-2015 07:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Growing up in the midwest and many years in college towns filled with people of diverse backgrounds did not prepare me for life in BumFuck, SC.

The racist hatred in that state is something that an outsider cannot understand till they live in it and see it close up.

The sweetest old ladies and men will speak the most vile, hateful things and not miss a beat...and they raise their kids that way, who raise their kids that way...and on it goes.

The war rages on there and I don't see it ending. They are stuck in their hatred and comfortable there.

I moved from Little Rock, AR to Blue Springs, MO a long time ago, and my friend of many years, here, thought I was joking about that! Right up until he moved to Nashville, TN! It may not be as bad there as in SC, but he was utterly shocked none the less!

19-06-2015, 07:13 PM
(19-06-2015 07:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 07:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Growing up in the midwest and many years in college towns filled with people of diverse backgrounds did not prepare me for life in BumFuck, SC.

I moved from Little Rock, AR to Blue Springs, MO a long time ago, and my friend of many years, here, thought I was joking about that! Right up until he moved to Nashville, TN! It may not be as bad there as in SC, but he was utterly shocked none the less!

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appe...318/85198/

I moved to Pelion in 1992. I knew Horace King. His granddaughters went to school with my daughters. He had statues of Klansmen in their robes in his yard...I drove back and forth past them every day.

This was/is a real thing. In later years Horace got in trouble for acts he was behind.

His extended family is still all over that area.

It's real, it's a thing...it's disturbing and in August of 2006 I got to finally see that town in my rear view mirror.

Elsie was one of the only people with the 'balls' to take a stand.

19-06-2015, 08:16 PM
(19-06-2015 06:40 PM)BnW Wrote:  Building a massive bomb out of fertilizer is a one off and, now that it's happened, not an easy thing to duplicate because the feds track the sale of the ingredients pretty well. Sure, it can happen again, but it's unlikely.

The Boston bombers used pressure cookers. Consider
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
19-06-2015, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2015 10:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-06-2015 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, cause guns are the only way to take out a bunch of people.

cough, cough ... Ted Kaczynski ... cough cough.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-06-2015, 10:36 PM
(19-06-2015 10:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

cough, cough ... Ted Kaczynski ... cough cough. Thumbsup

Couldn't spell his name. Blush