9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(20-06-2015 11:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 10:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah cause fuck all those dead people We like shooting shit and don't care.

Well, that was the tipping point for you Rev. No one said we don't care that people died. The argument has been about the cause.

Read the post I was quoting that is exactly what he said.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2015, 11:15 AM
(20-06-2015 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How many of you anti-gun advocates play first person shooter games?

Yeah, yeah - no one ends up really dead but you must see some appeal in the firing of a weapon and a hit. Even if it's virtual.

If you are want to preach anti-gun, make sure you are really anti-gun.

Not sure what you mean by this, but this is the same bad logic when you say you are an anti- theist, that means you are anti human rights. I am anti gun in the same context I am anti theist. I certainly cant prevent everything I don't like in the world, but I certainly can call out bad logic, and bad claims that produce bad conditions.

If you claimed unicorns existed I would be an anti-unicornist, the same way if you claimed the Yankees won the Superbowl.

1. Other bad shit happens, does not change we have a gun death problem.

2. Guns don't kill people does not change that we have a gun death problem

Humans have rights, objects do not. You have a right to own a gun, but you do not have a right not to be regulated, anymore than it is legal to do 100mph in a school zone.

The attitude of how guns are worshiped is what I don't like which sets the huggers up to be paranoid and falsely assume the left are fascists. Saying a problem exists that needs to be fixed does not make the left fascists.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Who the fuck is worshiping guns?

Stop babbling. Just go on Dancing Queen, you can't even pick a fucking side.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-06-2015, 11:18 AM
(20-06-2015 11:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 11:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, that was the tipping point for you Rev. No one said we don't care that people died. The argument has been about the cause.

Read the post I was quoting that is exactly what he said.

Explain please, as I missed something.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

20-06-2015, 11:38 AM
(20-06-2015 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 11:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Read the post I was quoting that is exactly what he said.

Explain please, as I missed something.

(20-06-2015 10:44 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  34.4 million people, or 15% of the US population, participates in shooting sports every year. http://nssf.org/PDF/research/NSSF-Shooti...Report.pdf No matter how crazy some people think we are, we are not going to give up our guns and that is a fact.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-06-2015, 11:41 AM
(20-06-2015 10:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 10:44 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  34.4 million people, or 15% of the US population, participates in shooting sports every year. http://nssf.org/PDF/research/NSSF-Shooti...Report.pdf No matter how crazy some people think we are, we are not going to give up our guns and that is a fact. A hell of a lot of people enjoy blowing up clay pigeons and punching holes in paper targets, or shooting metallic silhouettes, or 50 other types of shooting sports and they are not going to quit. Anybody who thinks that the shooters in this country are going to willingly give up their guns is crazier than a bedbug. You can yell and scream and jump up and down and piss in your pants and we are not going to pay much attention to you. In fact, the louder and more obnoxious you get, the more we will shut you out. Most of us, unlike Europeans, grew up with guns and they have always been a part of our lives.

Now, if you start talking about ending racism and teaching critical thinking skills to school kids and teaching respect for others, most of us will come to your support. If you advocate free mental health care for the masses, many of us will support you. Getting at the cause of gun violence, rather than merely fretting over the instrumentality, will get you almost universal support.

Yeah cause fuck all those dead people We like shooting shit and don't care.

What are you quoting here? Quoting...I still don't see it. Is this really paraphrasing with your slant? If so, it isn't a quote.

20-06-2015, 11:47 AM
(20-06-2015 11:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Explain please, as I missed something.

(20-06-2015 10:44 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  34.4 million people, or 15% of the US population, participates in shooting sports every year. http://nssf.org/PDF/research/NSSF-Shooti...Report.pdf No matter how crazy some people think we are, we are not going to give up our guns and that is a fact.

So, because 15% of the country uses guns for sport, everyone else just needs to hold their tongue about the subject?

No wonder other countries laugh at us.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2015, 11:51 AM
(20-06-2015 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How many of you anti-gun advocates play first person shooter games?

Yeah, yeah - no one ends up really dead but you must see some appeal in the firing of a weapon and a hit. Even if it's virtual.

If you are want to preach anti-gun, make sure you are really anti-gun.

I don't shooters suck

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-06-2015, 11:53 AM
(20-06-2015 11:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 11:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

So, because 15% of the country uses guns for sport, everyone else just needs to hold their tongue about the subject?

No one needs to hold their tongue. This issue - ie the OP is about the shooting in SC that was racially motivated. Taking away all the guns won't stop racial hatred and violence. There was a black man near where I used to live who was tied to the back of a truck and drug along the pavement till he died. No guns were involved.

The gun was the tool in the shooting in SC...not the reason.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-06-2015, 12:30 PM
(20-06-2015 11:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 11:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, because 15% of the country uses guns for sport, everyone else just needs to hold their tongue about the subject?

No one needs to hold their tongue. This issue - ie the OP is about the shooting in SC that was racially motivated. Taking away all the guns won't stop racial hatred and violence. There was a black man near where I used to live who was tied to the back of a truck and drug along the pavement till he died. No guns were involved.

The gun was the tool in the shooting in SC...not the reason.

I understand that...however this thread has devolved into yet another gun debate.

By holding tongues I mean, the 85% of country that doesn't use guns for sport needs to shut up about the 15% right to have guns. I think that's what Revs meant by his statement. The people harmed by gun violence don't really matter to the 15%, as their rights are more important. There are cities in the country that truly do want all guns banished. They desperately wish for much higher restrictions and more control over guns. Unfortunately, the 15% doesn't reside in just one place. They're spread out.

As far as guns are concerned, I don't believe anyone really needs a gun today. But it is wearisome being told by pro-gun "enthusiasts" that I'm wrong holding such thoughts. I'll admit I struggle with the issue since gun violence has touched me personally twice.

Yet, I think it's odd that very vocal 15% dictate what everyone else can do.

Again, this is why other countries that have successfully dealt with gun violence laugh at us.

I will state unequivocally, guns alone aren't the issue. We have hundreds of years of racism, a very broken mental health care system and a host of other issues like poverty and lousy education that isn't eaual by any standard. I hope that in some distant future people will, possibly through better education, learn to let go of their guns naturally.

I just know, I'll never live to see it happen.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post