9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 05:33 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
Business forced to do the right thing?????

How???? Exactly????

Say you allow every Tom, Dick, and Harry to sue every gun manufacturer in existence??? Exactly how is that going to cure the problem???

Do you think Smith and Wesson will hire physics who can determine the future intent of it's customers???? Will Bushmaster Inc. require six months of intensive psychiatric counseling before selling a rifle to someone?????

The ONLY possible outcome that there is - is to put gun manufacturers out of business --- and I strongly suspect you're smart enough to realize that.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 05:34 AM
(18-06-2015 05:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.

BULL FUCKING SHIT,

Leave guns out of this for a second. Blaming demand for the problem is like oil companies say "fuck our responsibility, not our fault".

When you make a product, and it causes problems, you don't use demand to avoid responsibility. This bullshit excuse is is the same reason climate change is affecting our planet. Ethics in business, isn't about blaming the buyer. Ethics is knowing that as a maker of ANY product, that you reduce any possible harm to the public. If you are not doing that you are a fucking selfish dick.

Nothing humans make should be given a taboo as far as business. And as long as humans seek to make a profit off of any product, demand cannot be used as a dodge. You are basically defending greed when you argue bullshit like this.

Just like religion, business has to be forced to do the right thing. Just like Nadar got government to make cars safer. All I am seeing you do with this bullshit is defend a free for all market. Morality is knowing that you also have a responsibility when you sell something as well. Just like we don't sell beer to 5 year olds.

The makers are responsible, just like oil companies are responsible for climate change.

Your logic is utterly flawed. Oil companies are not responsible for climate change - we are. We are the ones burning the petroleum products.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
18-06-2015, 05:37 AM
Claiming oil companies are responsible for climate change is like saying McDonalds is responsible for those people in Walmart with the 58 inch waists...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 06:01 AM
(18-06-2015 05:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Claiming oil companies are responsible for climate change is like saying McDonalds is responsible for those people in Walmart with the 58 inch waists...

I am unsure when you joke. Is this a joke?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 06:21 AM
If you laughed - it's a joke.

Otherwise - it's a lame joke.

Don't expect too much.

I don't get paid for this....

Make sure you tip your waitresses.....

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 06:28 AM
okay. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 07:40 AM
I was talking with my wife on this this morning. She brought up the free will thing. It totally made me think of this video by Darkmatter.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-06-2015, 08:53 AM
It would appear to be racially motivated according to Sylvia Johnson, a relative to a victim.
Quote:“He just said ‘I have to do it.’ He said, ‘You rape our women, and you’re taking over our country,’” she said on MSNBC, recounting what survivors told her

A photo of the suspect Dylann Roof in front of a swamp.

[Image: article-church12-0618.jpg]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ch...-1.2262222

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
18-06-2015, 09:11 AM
(18-06-2015 05:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 05:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  BULL FUCKING SHIT,

Leave guns out of this for a second. Blaming demand for the problem is like oil companies say "fuck our responsibility, not our fault".

When you make a product, and it causes problems, you don't use demand to avoid responsibility. This bullshit excuse is is the same reason climate change is affecting our planet. Ethics in business, isn't about blaming the buyer. Ethics is knowing that as a maker of ANY product, that you reduce any possible harm to the public. If you are not doing that you are a fucking selfish dick.

Nothing humans make should be given a taboo as far as business. And as long as humans seek to make a profit off of any product, demand cannot be used as a dodge. You are basically defending greed when you argue bullshit like this.

Just like religion, business has to be forced to do the right thing. Just like Nadar got government to make cars safer. All I am seeing you do with this bullshit is defend a free for all market. Morality is knowing that you also have a responsibility when you sell something as well. Just like we don't sell beer to 5 year olds.

The makers are responsible, just like oil companies are responsible for climate change.

Your logic is utterly flawed. Oil companies are not responsible for climate change - we are. We are the ones burning the petroleum products.

Indeed. Regulations create boundary conditions. Impersonal, amoral actors - ie, corporations - conform to those set boundaries. In a democratic state we the people are at least theoretically responsible for the state of those boundaries.
(though one could well quibble with regards to political power being highly unevenly distributed)

... this is my signature!
18-06-2015, 09:12 AM
He's not a thug or a terrorist. Hes just a crazy.

Funny the double standard huh?
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post