9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2015, 05:22 PM
(20-06-2015 05:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No one has argued intent doesn't matter. The argument is guns make it easier for anyone to kill en masse.

Actually, you did. You claimed there is a substantive difference because guns were invented to kill, that that is their intended use.

The fuck are you talking about? When did I claim that intent doesn't matter?

I don't ignore the reality of why guns exist, so you assume that means I'm dismissing intent? That's a stupid reading of anything I've posted.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
So. Confused That's his "manifesto", huh?

Well then... he'll have fun in prison. Even if he's "spared" the death penalty, life in prison is still a death sentence, in my opinion... for a 20 something, anyway. You don't know what ya got til it's gone, kid. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-06-2015, 05:25 PM
(20-06-2015 05:22 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Actually, you did. You claimed there is a substantive difference because guns were invented to kill, that that is their intended use.

The fuck are you talking about? When did I claim that intent doesn't matter?

I don't ignore the reality of why guns exist, so you assume that means I'm dismissing intent? That's a stupid reading of anything I've posted.

No, you did it by denying that the intent of a sporting arm doesn't matter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2015, 05:28 PM
(20-06-2015 05:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:22 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The fuck are you talking about? When did I claim that intent doesn't matter?

No, you did it by denying that the intent of a sporting arm doesn't matter.

You're off your rocker.

INTENT to kill. <- someone with it, will pick a weapon to help better facilitate their needs. Guns make that easier. Even those "sporting" guns make killing easier. I could care less what someone's original intent was when buying the gun if they use it to kill just like I could care less about the original intent of the car if someone uses it to kill.

-Rick
20-06-2015, 05:28 PM
What matters is someone's intent to kill and how different tools can make that easier. And how we can and should be regulating them.

-Rick
20-06-2015, 05:31 PM
(20-06-2015 05:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You live in a fantasy world where the Wild West is reality.

Indeed?

I'm sure that you display a sign declaring your property or residence as a gun free zone.

Of course you don't.

Because you and the multitude of other hoplophobes instinctively understand that there are people with ill intent that would take advantage of you. You'll deny that instinct, when it comes to your insistence that certain "public venues" be declared gun free zones, putting others at greater risk to satiate your emotionally driven denial that you are superior in this regard.

You are not.

In this, it is my fervent hope, that you never learn the lesson.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
20-06-2015, 05:33 PM
(20-06-2015 05:31 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You live in a fantasy world where the Wild West is reality.

Indeed?

I'm sure that you display a sign declaring your property or residence as a gun free zone.

Of course you don't.

Because you and the multitude of other hoplophobes instinctively understand that there are people with ill intent that would take advantage of you. You'll deny that instinct, when it comes to your insistence that certain "public venues" be declared gun free zones, putting others at greater risk to satiate your emotionally driven denial that you are superior in this regard.

You are not.

In this, it is my fervent hope, that you never learn the lesson.

You. Make. No. Sense.

Because I don't post a sign outside my house saying I'm for better gun regulations, laws, and restrictions, I'm not being true to my beliefs?

Also, when did I say there wasn't a gun in my home?

-Rick
20-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Holy fuck I can't take these asinine back and forths over the defense of inanimate objects and the desire people have to hoard them while ignoring the reality that they make killing en masse easy and quick.

It's fucking depressing. I'm done with this subject.

-Rick
20-06-2015, 05:35 PM
(20-06-2015 05:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy fuck I can't take these asinine back and forths over the defense of inanimate objects and the desire people have to board them.

It's fucking depressing.

You don't have to participate if it distresses you this much.

The basis of this isn't an inanimate object - it's extreme racism in all it's horror.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-06-2015, 05:38 PM
(20-06-2015 05:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You. Make. No. Sense.

Because I don't post a sign outside my house saying I'm for better gun regulations, laws, and restrictions, I'm not being true to my beliefs?

Also, when did I say there wasn't a gun in my home?

You didn't. You said this;

In response to my statement that I carried for self defense.

Are you now stating that the "Fantasy World Where The Wild West Is Reality", ends at your door?

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce