9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2015, 05:39 PM
(20-06-2015 05:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy fuck I can't take these asinine back and forths over the defense of inanimate objects and the desire people have to board them.

It's fucking depressing.

You don't have to participate if it distresses you this much.

The basis of this isn't an inanimate object - it's extreme racism in all it's horror.

The racism is another issue entirely. My Facebook has been filled with people defending the confederate flag too because it honors "southern heritage."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(20-06-2015 05:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy fuck I can't take these asinine back and forths over the defense of inanimate objects and the desire people have to hoard them while ignoring the reality that they make killing en masse easy and quick.

It's fucking depressing. I'm done with this subject.

You again ignore the fact that a single-shot gun does not make killing en masse easy and quick.

A machete would be more effective.

You and I have agreed in the past that better, more consistent regulation is needed. We still do.
But let's stick to facts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Saw something on Facebook on how we should pray for the victims families... Being blissfully unaware of the irony that if these people didn't decide to go and pray that day they would still be alive.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
20-06-2015, 05:45 PM
(20-06-2015 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy fuck I can't take these asinine back and forths over the defense of inanimate objects and the desire people have to hoard them while ignoring the reality that they make killing en masse easy and quick.

It's fucking depressing. I'm done with this subject.

You again ignore the fact that a single-shot gun does not make killing en masse easy and quick.

A machete would be more effective.

You and I have agreed in the past that better, more consistent regulation is needed. We still do.
But let's stick to facts.

You've got a warped view of facts when guns (including single-shot shotguns) are less effective for killing than machetes. I'm done with these gun conversations. Nothing positive has ever come out of them. All I see and hear are people defending inanimate objects and their desire to own them while mischaracterizing things I say.

-Rick
20-06-2015, 05:46 PM
(20-06-2015 05:44 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Saw something on Facebook on how we should pray for the victims families... Being blissfully unaware of the irony that if these people didn't decide to go and pray that day they would still be alive.

No doubt. I'm sure somewhere another congregation is thanking God for protecting them because he didn't choose their church.

-Rick
(20-06-2015 05:44 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Saw something on Facebook on how we should pray for the victims families... Being blissfully unaware of the irony that if these people didn't decide to go and pray that day they would still be alive.

God works in mysterious ways.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
(20-06-2015 05:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

God works in mysterious ways.

He's so mysterious, it's like he's a ghost. A Holy Ghost...(fucking iPhone autocapitalizes that)

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
20-06-2015, 06:11 PM
A good article I found while being inundated with people defending the confederate flag as anything other than a symbol of hate, division, and a dark period in the history of the U.S.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/messa...-heritage/

-Rick
20-06-2015, 06:19 PM
(20-06-2015 02:41 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'm not for gun control by any means. I own a pistol and a shotgun myself. What I don't get are the people who feel the need to own military style assault rifles. Most that I know who own such firearms are douche bag, wannabe Rambo types.

They are fun to shoot and account for a very small minority of gun deaths.
20-06-2015, 06:23 PM
(20-06-2015 05:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:18 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Are you implying that the right to bare arms for matters of self defense is "wrong" as well?

Did I say that?

The notion that one need be strapped at all times in order to be safe, is nonsense for the vast majority of America and Americans.

I could care less if people want them or not (although id shed no tears if guns were gotten rid of), as long as they are properly trained and regulated.

I'm sorry you feel as if this conversation is getting snippy but I only asked a question. Your comment regarding 'carry conceal' remarking about the Wild West came off sarcastic. That shouldn't surprise you, should it?

That's why I asked your stance on carrying a firearm for potential self defense. Sorry if that knotted your underoos, but that's not my fault nor my intent.

I agree with you that, generally speaking, guns were invented and designed to cause harm of death regardless specific intent (war, protection, hunting). But I think to most here your doing what most anti-gun folks do; lots of complaining and finger pointing without pitching any solutions.

This is not subject where finding a middle ground is easy.