9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(21-06-2015 09:21 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, like you're gonna have a choice and shit. Technology is unstoppable. Your objections don't mean dick given that you are technically incapable of changing shit.

Like beta max or DVD HD? BTW... how did you like the taste of new coke?

More like Deep Learning Machine Beats Humans in IQ Test. But you keep trying to keep up in your quixotic quest. It's funny.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-06-2015, 09:32 PM
(21-06-2015 09:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 09:21 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  Like beta max or DVD HD? BTW... how did you like the taste of new coke?

More like Deep Learning Machine Beats Humans in IQ Test. But you keep trying to keep up in your quixotic quest. It's funny.

All I am saying is given the minimal demand for the gun, as Armitix has declared "bankruptcy" how do you think it's going to become popular?
21-06-2015, 09:50 PM
(21-06-2015 08:33 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  
Thumpalumpacus ' Wrote:  I personally think that this is the only way to find compromise between both sides of the argument ... smart guns and better background procedures.

Smart Guns can go kiss my butt. There is a reason why the police and federal law enforcement (secret sevice) are given exemptions even when the smart guns were created, in part, for them.

If the police and army does not trust them, I sure as hell will not.

P.S. They are now researching tech to block a smart gun from firing to have gun free zones. Given how easy people "jailbreak" phones and how common this tech could get, I will NEVER rely on a smart gun.

I'm sure this sort of attitude will help broker a compromise.

(21-06-2015 09:32 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  All I am saying is given the minimal demand for the gun, as Armitix has declared "bankruptcy" how do you think it's going to become popular?

I was speaking of a smart gun as a concept, not a specific product by a specific manufacturer.

Do you think one bankruptcy will stop the search to secure guns against illicit use?
21-06-2015, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2015 10:54 PM by Gatheist.)
(21-06-2015 09:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm sure this sort of attitude will help broker a compromise.

Once ALL local, state, federal and military branches adopt only smart guns for a period of 15 years then perhaps you may find buyers.

(21-06-2015 09:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Do you think one bankruptcy will stop the search to secure guns against illicit use?

No. But it may make it more difficult. Where would the capital investors come from? As an investor I am concerned about profit and with a lack of demand you will have a hard time to convenience me to place my money in that company.
[+] 1 user Likes Gatheist's post
21-06-2015, 11:10 PM
(21-06-2015 10:40 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 09:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm sure this sort of attitude will help broker a compromise.

Once ALL local, state, federal and military branches adopt only smart guns for a period of 15 years then perhaps you may find buyers.

(21-06-2015 09:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Do you think one bankruptcy will stop the search to secure guns against illicit use?

No. But it may make it more difficult. Where would the capital investors come from? As an investor I am concerned about profit and with a lack of demand you will have a hard time to convenience me to place my money in that company.

Cogent objections, no doubt. The thing is, at this point, overcoming ingrained bias has to lead the way, because money rarely, if ever, follows controversy.
21-06-2015, 11:43 PM
(21-06-2015 09:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm sure I wouldn't carry a weapon in NZ, either. It's a very different society - much safer.
We still have violence and all. I don't think any country is 100% safe. I wouldn't recommend a female to go hitchhiking alone or walking down dark alleys etc.
22-06-2015, 12:37 AM
(21-06-2015 05:36 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Yo know it's strange the cultural differences. Here in large parts (if not all) of the UK, if someone mentioned that they owned a handgun, they would be considered odd and someone not to be trusted. They would certainly be given a wide berth. Rational or not, it's true. We think owning a handgun is something only criminals do, and even that seems to be rare. Don't know why it's so different over in the US.

Because we're citizens -

And you're subjects.

It's really that simple.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-06-2015, 01:09 AM
(22-06-2015 12:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because we're citizens -

And you're subjects.

It's really that simple.

Don't be too confident. How many families share the presidency?

America reminds me of Patrician Rome. And we know what became of that republic.

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-06-2015, 04:21 AM
(21-06-2015 05:36 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Yo know it's strange the cultural differences. Here in large parts (if not all) of the UK, if someone mentioned that they owned a handgun, they would be considered odd and someone not to be trusted. They would certainly be given a wide berth. Rational or not, it's true. We think owning a handgun is something only criminals do, and even that seems to be rare. Don't know why it's so different over in the US.

Yeah... about that. I know that pepper spray is considered a serious weapon there as well as a TASER. Furthermore, some sentiments on even legalizing pepper spray is met with resistance. Additionally, I believe carrying objects that have a defensive purpose and if used as such will get the overbearing eye of the CPS (if you are not arrested, first).

Sounds like a victim mentality. No thanks. You guys can be fairly defenseless and submit to an aggressors will.
22-06-2015, 06:30 AM
(22-06-2015 01:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 12:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because we're citizens -

And you're subjects.

It's really that simple.

Don't be too confident. How many families share the presidency?

America reminds me of Patrician Rome. And we know what became of that republic.

Wink

Yup. Government likes to pat us on the head and tell us our opinions matter.