9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
So, here is my somewhat random quasi non gun comment on this tragedy: 9 people were seamlessly gunned down and almost the entire political and media focus is on that damn flag. Don't get me wrong, I think it's disgraceful it is flown by the state, but I can't believe that is where all the focus is.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I've been berated for flying my flag -- and told it's a "Symbol of slavery"....

Fuck off -- I ride a Triumph..

Of course there's a lot of morons around here who don't know the difference between the Union Jack - and the Stars and Bars............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-06-2015, 08:16 AM
(22-06-2015 08:06 AM)BnW Wrote:  So, here is my somewhat random quasi non gun comment on this tragedy: 9 people were seamlessly gunned down and almost the entire political and media focus is on that damn flag. Don't get me wrong, I think it's disgraceful it is flown by the state, but I can't believe that is where all the focus is.

It highlights the problem, blind ignorance to a clear problem: racism. And yet, people continue to not only not see the problem, but vehemently defend the culture that created it.

I was born and raised in Tennessee and that flag is literally on fucking everything. You're inundated with it. You see that flag more than the US flag or the state flag of Tennessee. As a buddy of mine put it:

"Honestly, I don't believe every confederate flag waver to be racists. The original purpose it served was as a flag of secession. Ironically enough, most of the southern Tea Party members who talk of seceding today already fly this flag at home.

However we all know that during our childhood this flag was put on everything. Hats, shirts, four wheelers, whatever. The kids who grew up waving this flag weren't told by their parents that it represented an awful treasonous time in our history.

I mistook it for the TN flag because I saw it so often; however, my parents wouldn't let me have anything to do with it because of it what it stood for.

So yes, there are people who were told "It's about heritage, not hate." These individuals were lied to, but that doesn't necessarily make them racists. It just makes them stupid.

Now that we're all adults we can see that waving this flag is basically the same as waving a flag with the Twin Towers crashing on it and saying you don't support terrorism but just a fan of American history."

It is a culture not only born of ignorance, but one of lies. I can't remember any of my history teachers from K-12 who didn't spout the same nonsense lie that "the Civil War wasn't fought over slavery, it was fought over State's rights." Which is complete bullshit.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Has it come out in the news where this kid attended church?

What sect of crazy does he come from?
22-06-2015, 08:32 AM
(22-06-2015 08:25 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Has it come out in the news where this kid attended church?

What sect of crazy does he come from?

Like there's really a difference....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-06-2015, 08:41 AM
A tragedy, pure & simple.
22-06-2015, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 10:25 AM by kim.)
So... aside from this 21 year old brainiac being so fucking opinionated, he's also gullible enough to source all his "research" from a single website ... which just happens to be a neo-nazi site. I guess all his questions were answered the way he wanted, huh? Dodgy

Well, taking the stance of someone who has decided to violently start the "revolution" somewhere, I think I would start it where I see explicit acts of "evil" being carried out, right? For instance, I might see a person dealing drugs on the street... maybe I should start there, huh? I mean, that's logical, right?

Oh but wait, that guy is really huge and probably crazy from drugs. And uh, if he's dealing drugs, chances are he has either his own gun or protection from friends ... really big friends, with guns. Consider

Where can I go ... where no one is likely to be bigger or faster or crazier younger than me ... who also probably won't have a gun? Sheesh, I don't want to do it in a school because well, kids don't know any better. Also, there might be a couple of teachers there and they might have had some kind of training to handle this kind of situation ... they might even have a gun! Consider

Welp, that settles it, either a church or a nursing home... those are my best bets.

Watch out little old men and little old ladies- white power is on the march and I'm leading the parade!!
(As long as I don't get hurt doing it because that would suck.)

Hey, at least no one can say he didn't think it through. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-06-2015, 01:21 PM
(22-06-2015 04:21 AM)Gatheist Wrote:  Sounds like a victim mentality. No thanks. You guys can be fairly defenseless and submit to an aggressors will.
Or you could take the USA approach and arm the aggressors with handguns. At least that way some of them get shot and killed (in defense) by the victims. Sure some victims get shot and killed too but hey, that's acceptable collateral.
22-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Please show some events where mass murderers were shot and killed by armed citizens. I'd really like to know. I have not seen anything about this.
Cheers.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-06-2015, 01:31 PM
(22-06-2015 06:30 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yup. Government likes to pat us on the head and tell us our opinions matter.

NEVER forget the fate of the Gracchi brothers.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.