9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(22-06-2015 01:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Please show some events where mass murderers were shot and killed by armed citizens. I'd really like to know. I have not seen anything about this.
Cheers.

Here is one that was stopped by an off duty cop.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_n...123414.php

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Not a cop. A regular citizen carrying a gun.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-06-2015, 01:42 PM
(22-06-2015 01:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 06:30 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yup. Government likes to pat us on the head and tell us our opinions matter.

NEVER forget the fate of the Gracchi brothers.

They pegged off and got their golden memory hijacked by politicians with an agenda for the next 2500 odd years? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2015, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 02:46 PM by JDog554.)
(22-06-2015 01:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Not a cop. A regular citizen carrying a gun.

While not firing, a CITIZEN drew his personal weapon on a guy who was shooting up a local mall and made him flee before he could kill more than two people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackamas_...r_shooting

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-06-2015, 02:47 PM
(22-06-2015 01:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Please show some events where mass murderers were shot and killed by armed citizens. I'd really like to know. I have not seen anything about this.
Cheers.

Here are ten that were stopped from getting worse.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2015, 02:50 PM
(22-06-2015 01:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Not a cop. A regular citizen carrying a gun.

And an Uber Driver stopped a mass shooting in Chicago. This is the one I was looking for and the best example.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html

22-06-2015, 02:56 PM
(22-06-2015 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Cheers.

Here are ten that were stopped from getting worse.

That is mostly a list of police officers.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Use Google -- there's thousands of these things that have happened.... But, the anti-gun people pretend it NEVER happens...

Four armed intruders began to kick down the door of a two-story apartment, so the three inhabitants locked themselves in an upstairs bedroom and exited onto the balcony where they had no escape. One of the occupants grabbed a rifle kept in the bedroom. One of the home invaders, dressed in camouflage with a black cloth covering his face, managed to kick open the bedroom door. The occupant raised the rifle and shot one round at the intruder, causing the home invaders to flee. Derrick Timmons, 20, was pronounced dead when his body was later found. The other offenders are still being sought by police. (The Courier Herald, Dublin, GA, 3/15/12)

Dale Vigliarolo and his wife were walking into Holiday Market when they spotted 43-year-old David Shuten in the parking lot wielding a large hunting knife. After a failed attempt to break into a vehicle, Shuten turned his attention to a nearby couple with an infant child. As Shuten approached the family, Vigliarolo drew his .38 Special and demanded he drop his weapon. Shuten dropped the knife and sat on the ground until police arrived. He was then transported to a nearby hospital for psychiatric evaluation. (Royal Oak Review, Royal Oak, MI, 3/14/12)

People fled in terror when a gunman entered a medical building and took several people hostage. A doctor at the practice, Jeff Ferguson, retrieved his gun and guarded an exit allowing an estimated 50 people to escape down a stairwell, warning them, “If this guy opens this door, I’m going to have to shoot him.” Ferguson said after the ordeal, “I was absolutely prepared to shoot him, yes.” Despite negotiators’ best efforts to get 28-year-old Dominic Oliver to surrender peacefully, he was later shot during a confrontation with police. He died at a local hospital hours later. (FOX News, Colorado Springs, CO, 2/28/12)

Armando Martinez Jr., 31, trekked through the snow-covered neighborhood, checking as many as 20 homes for unlocked doors. He was finally able to disable a child lock on the back door of a home before entering and helping himself to a change of dry clothes and a snack. He then made his way upstairs to the master bedroom where he awakened the sleeping homeowners. He told the couple he had a gun and threatened them. He demanded they retrieve their wallets and keys and drive him to the nearest ATM. One homeowner went to the closet under false pretenses; he claimed to be getting his wallet and clothes so that they could leave. Instead, he produced a 9 mm handgun and shot Martinez in the chest. The homeowners were uninjured. (Deseret News, Springville, UT, 3/01/12)

When a resident returned home one evening, he was confronted in his driveway by a man with a gun. The victim was ordered inside the residence where his family was being held hostage. Once inside, the victim was shot in the back. Wounded, he still managed to get a firearm and return fire. The alleged assailant fled on foot and was later located at a nearby residence. Both men were taken to the hospital for treatment and the victim’s family was reportedly unharmed. (The Jeffersonian, Cambridge, OH, 2/29/2012)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-06-2015, 03:55 PM
(22-06-2015 02:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Here are ten that were stopped from getting worse.

That is mostly a list of police officers.

Not #1, #2, #4, #6, #8 - so not mostly a list of police officers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2015, 04:00 PM
(22-06-2015 03:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Use Google -- there's thousands of these things that have happened.... But, the anti-gun people pretend it NEVER happens...

Guns in America: For every criminal killed in self-defense, 34 innocent people die

Full report: Firearm Justifiable Homicides and Non-Fatal Self-Defense Gun Use - An Analysis of Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Crime Victimization Survey Data

#sigh