9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(18-06-2015 09:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 05:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  BULL FUCKING SHIT,

Leave guns out of this for a second. Blaming demand for the problem is like oil companies say "fuck our responsibility, not our fault".

When you make a product, and it causes problems, you don't use demand to avoid responsibility. This bullshit excuse is is the same reason climate change is affecting our planet. Ethics in business, isn't about blaming the buyer. Ethics is knowing that as a maker of ANY product, that you reduce any possible harm to the public. If you are not doing that you are a fucking selfish dick.

Nothing humans make should be given a taboo as far as business. And as long as humans seek to make a profit off of any product, demand cannot be used as a dodge. You are basically defending greed when you argue bullshit like this.

Just like religion, business has to be forced to do the right thing. Just like Nadar got government to make cars safer. All I am seeing you do with this bullshit is defend a free for all market. Morality is knowing that you also have a responsibility when you sell something as well. Just like we don't sell beer to 5 year olds.

The makers are responsible, just like oil companies are responsible for climate change.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm thinking cigarettes and the lie the manufacturers told to keep killing people. Their efforts to get people hooked on smoking even when they knew it caused cancer and death is disgusting.

The important difference is that the cigarette companies actually lied.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-06-2015, 09:51 AM
(18-06-2015 09:12 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He's not a thug or a terrorist. Hes just a crazy.

Funny the double standard huh?

Nope. White Supremacist Terrorist.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Captured.
18-06-2015, 09:56 AM
(18-06-2015 09:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm thinking cigarettes and the lie the manufacturers told to keep killing people. Their efforts to get people hooked on smoking even when they knew it caused cancer and death is disgusting.

I forgot the gun ads that said it was good for my health to put myself in the path of high velocity projectiles discharged from the firearms that they made.

Regardless, let's blame Toyota for some drunk driving deaths. Yeah, yeah. I know cars are used for transportation with only a FEW negligent uses, just like how guns are used for target or competition shooting, but let's blame the manufacturer.
18-06-2015, 09:58 AM
(18-06-2015 08:53 AM)tomilay Wrote:  ----
A photo of the suspect Dylann Roof in front of a swamp.
[Image: article-church12-0618.jpg]

Oh shit. What an ignorant fuck. Clearly a delusional person in his isolated, swamp habitat has swallowed the ideas of the nearest Grand Dragon or minister.

Once again, this has nothing to do with "access to guns"; nothing. It has more to do with who has access to an education which stresses logic and critical thinking, and who has access to mental health care.

How does this effect me, you inquire?

I hope I'm wrong but from the looks of it ... I may currently have the same hair do. Dodgy Laughat

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
18-06-2015, 09:59 AM
(18-06-2015 09:48 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 09:12 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He's not a thug or a terrorist. Hes just a crazy.

Funny the double standard huh?
Looking at his image, it's tough to argue. He looks barking mad to me. But I might just be conditioned to see it that way.

Now, now... Can't be judging him by his looks.....

Although - when you couple that with his actions -- I'd say "barking mad" covers it exactly....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 10:00 AM
(18-06-2015 09:56 AM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 09:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm thinking cigarettes and the lie the manufacturers told to keep killing people. Their efforts to get people hooked on smoking even when they knew it caused cancer and death is disgusting.

I forgot the gun ads that said it was good for my health to put myself in the path of high velocity projectiles discharged from the firearms that they made.

Jeez, those straw men just make the worst arguments, amirite?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
18-06-2015, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 01:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
It's really too late for "gun control". Every door and every access point, every window, (including car windows) will have to be equipped with detection and protection and security equipment. That's actully what it has come to in corporate 'Murica. No one gets anywhere without a badge and security. Guess churches and theatres have to install checkpoints too.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-06-2015, 10:18 AM
[Image: Colt-AR15-Ad-2.jpg~original]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-06-2015, 10:18 AM
(18-06-2015 10:00 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 09:56 AM)Gatheist Wrote:  I forgot the gun ads that said it was good for my health to put myself in the path of high velocity projectiles discharged from the firearms that they made.

Jeez, those straw men just make the worst arguments, amirite?

Maybe. Consider

But still ... I can't wait to sue Bic for making such a sleek, sturdy, & pointy pen! It's going to come in handy when I go to stab those moronic twits at the tire place for forgetting to rotate my tires and replace the air filter ... as I requested. Angry

At least I have a real reason for my actions!! Hobo

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein