9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(23-06-2015 07:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 06:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Do you have any evidence that the Cato Institute's numbers are wrong, or is this dishonest attack your only riposte?

They are disputable. Any statistic legitimately disputable should not be taken as fact.

Yeah, I kinda covered that:

(23-06-2015 06:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not arguing that the institute's numbers on gun defense are correct [...]

The point of my post precedes that sentence immediately. Feel free to read it, too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2015 02:53 PM by Hypatia.)
(23-06-2015 06:22 PM)joben1 Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 12:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because we're citizens -

And you're subjects.

It's really that simple.

I rather think that most people here would punch you in the mouth if you called them subjects. You are a bit behind the times.

I rather hope that most citizens here would bring a gun to that fistfight.

But you could always kindly petition Kate or Wills to borrow their security detail's weaponry, since all they allow for your self defense is your fierce widdle clenched hams. HOW. CHARMING.

You are a bit behind the times, joben1, because you seem to be the last to know how little your life is worth to those you allow to run it.

Survey says: SUBJECT!

...unless, of course, you prefer "SERF".
[+] 1 user Likes Hypatia's post
24-06-2015, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2015 09:20 PM by Gatheist.)
(23-06-2015 06:28 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Jesus, paranoia running rampant? Maybe paranoia is necessary over where you are, but over here I have never met anyone who felt the need to arm themselves for defensive purposes. If you think that us Brits have a victim mentality, god help you if you ever come over here. Don't you know our history?

Do I feel that I need to be armed to be safe? Nope. I just understand that a gun increases the chances of a favorable outcome (non-injury) IF I find myself in such a particular situation.
24-06-2015, 03:46 PM
(24-06-2015 02:43 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 06:22 PM)joben1 Wrote:  I rather think that most people here would punch you in the mouth if you called them subjects. You are a bit behind the times.

But you could always kindly petition Kate or Wills to borrow their security detail's weaponry, since all they allow for your self defense is your fierce widdle clenched hams. HOW. CHARMING.

You are a bit behind the times, joben1, because you seem to be the last to know how little your life is worth to those you allow to run it.

Rolleyes Yeah, 'cos you guys are so much better off. Vive la revolution and all that. UK is constitutional monarchy which basically means the monarch is decorative.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-06-2015, 04:04 PM
(23-06-2015 06:22 PM)joben1 Wrote:  I rather think that most people here would punch you in the mouth if you called them subjects. You are a bit behind the times.

Nope. British and Commonwealth citizens are not British subjects since 1983.

I was a Canadian citizen and a British subject until 1977 when Canada enacted the Citizenship Act of 1977; since then, I am a Canadian citizen and a Commonwealth citizen.

Since 1982, citizens of the UK are not subjects.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Australian Jim Jefferies’ standup routine on US Gun Control Laugh out load

Some of you out there will be the 10% he speaks of Unsure

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-06-2015, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2015 06:34 PM by joben1.)

And there's the difference, a punch in the mouth or a bullet in the heart. I know which I'd prefer.

So you think that, if there was a revolt in this country, it would be against the Royalty? Fucking hell you are dumb.

As for the thing about what my life is worth; I'm not quite certain of what your point is, but if it's what I think it is, your dumbness has gone up a notch.

Serf? Yep, you are dumb.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
25-06-2015, 06:35 PM
We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns?
Joseph Stalin

The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock?
P. J. O'Rourke

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-06-2015, 06:40 PM
(24-06-2015 03:41 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 06:28 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Jesus, paranoia running rampant? Maybe paranoia is necessary over where you are, but over here I have never met anyone who felt the need to arm themselves for defensive purposes. If you think that us Brits have a victim mentality, god help you if you ever come over here. Don't you know our history?

Do I feel that I need to be armed to be safe? Nope. I just understand that a gun increases the chances of a favorable outcome (non-injury) IF I find myself in such a particular situation.

If I read this correctly, you don't feel the need to arm yourself, but if you find yourself in a situation where arming yourself would be advisable, you would somehow know this ahead of time and so would have armed yourself.

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
26-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Let's look at a quick history of gun control (from Yahoo Answers)

1911: Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1929: Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 40-60 million citizens, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated or starved to death.

1935: China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1938: Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, Catholics and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

1956: Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated."

1964: Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1966-1976: China still has gun control. Another 50-100 million civilians, unable to defend themselves, were killed in Mao Tse Tung's "Cultural Revolution".

1970: Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1990s: Rwanda established gun control. In a span of 100 days in April 1994, 800,000 people who were unable to defend themselves were massacred to death - most by machetes. How many dead, hacked-up bodies do you think were found holding a loaded gun? (answer is less than one)

And if you think it's going to be different in your country????

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.