9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2015, 01:21 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(26-06-2015 12:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And if you think it's going to be different in your country????

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Er... I'm a little bit skeptical that these massacres would have been prevented if only the gun control laws had not been in place. I mean, how many of those people who were "rounded up and exterminated" actually had guns in the first place? You seem to be implying that having a gun control law automatically implies that it's only a matter of time before people start getting "rounded up and exterminated".

It kinda seems like scare tactics...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-06-2015, 04:16 AM
(26-06-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 12:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And if you think it's going to be different in your country????

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Er... I'm a little bit skeptical that these massacres would have been prevented if only the gun control laws had not been in place. I mean, how many of those people who were "rounded up and exterminated" actually had guns in the first place? You seem to be implying that having a gun control law automatically implies that it's only a matter of time before people start getting "rounded up and exterminated".

If ignoring history makes you feel better - have at it.

Of course anytime you're dealing with people - there are no sure outcomes. It IS possible for a government to outlaw guns - and not start wholesale killing. Australia seemed to do it.

But then, history isn't done with anyone, is it?

I just find it very ominous - when a government stops trusting it's citizens to hold power. Guns are power.

They say gun owners are "paranoid" -- but we're not the ones who don't trust other law abiding people with guns........ Funny how that works...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-06-2015, 04:29 AM
(26-06-2015 04:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They say gun owners are "paranoid" -- but we're not the ones who don't trust other law abiding people with guns........ Funny how that works...
What about the non law abiding citizens or those soon to be non law abiding ones? Do you trust them?
Do you trust them with guns?

Or do you feel that they present no danger to yourself as long as you are packing a gun yourself? Because obviously they are no match for your sharp shooting skills.
26-06-2015, 04:42 AM
(26-06-2015 04:29 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 04:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They say gun owners are "paranoid" -- but we're not the ones who don't trust other law abiding people with guns........ Funny how that works...
What about the non law abiding citizens or those soon to be non law abiding ones? Do you trust them?

Or do you feel that they present no danger to yourself as long as you are packing a gun yourself? Because obviously they are no match for your sharp shooting skills.

Nice try.

We trust people, till the prove themselves untrustworthy.

Then you take away their right to own a gun. If necessary we lock them up, or stretch a rope with them.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-06-2015, 07:17 AM
(26-06-2015 04:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Er... I'm a little bit skeptical that these massacres would have been prevented if only the gun control laws had not been in place. I mean, how many of those people who were "rounded up and exterminated" actually had guns in the first place? You seem to be implying that having a gun control law automatically implies that it's only a matter of time before people start getting "rounded up and exterminated".

If ignoring history makes you feel better - have at it.

Ignoring history? You've clearly got an agenda here. I asked for clarification and you gave me bluster. Using this kind of "if you don't agree with me then you're stupid" line makes me think that maybe you yourself think that your argument doesn't bear closer scrutiny.

Quote:I just find it very ominous - when a government stops trusting it's citizens to hold power. Guns are power.

They say gun owners are "paranoid" -- but we're not the ones who don't trust other law abiding people with guns........ Funny how that works...

Laughat

I don't particularly have a dog in this fight... but you're coming across not-very-convincing and mighty paranoid right now.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-06-2015, 07:42 AM
(26-06-2015 04:29 AM)Stevil Wrote:  

How about being realistic? Criminals don't give a fuck for laws. They already have guns illegally.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-06-2015, 08:15 AM
(26-06-2015 07:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 04:29 AM)Stevil Wrote:  What about the non law abiding citizens or those soon to be non law abiding ones? Do you trust them?

How about being realistic? Criminals don't give a fuck for laws. They already have guns illegally.

I'm sure they'll turn them in if you just ask them with a "pretty please."
26-06-2015, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 08:40 AM by Kestrel.)
As of this post, the flag/symbol responsible....... has not been apprehended. Dodgy

Tunisia attack: deadly shooting...27 Dead

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
26-06-2015, 08:41 AM
(26-06-2015 08:36 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  As of this post, the flag/symbol responsible....... has not been apprehended. Dodgy

What does " the flag/symbol responsible" mean?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2015, 08:55 AM
(26-06-2015 08:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 08:36 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  As of this post, the flag/symbol responsible....... has not been apprehended. Dodgy

What does " the flag/symbol responsible" mean?

With the current talk in this country upon the confederate flag as being a focus, symbol and catalyst of hate and for some folks even the sole reason for the SC shootings, it would stand to reason that for the symbol-cause crowd at least, a graphic representation of some type must be responsible. Consider

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post