9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(18-06-2015 09:58 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh shit. What an ignorant fuck. Clearly a delusional person in his isolated, swamp habitat has swallowed the ideas of the nearest Grand Dragon or minister.

One hardly needs to go that far to get ideas.

The church itself is on Calhoun street.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
18-06-2015, 10:24 AM
They caught him in NC alive apparently.
18-06-2015, 10:33 AM
(18-06-2015 10:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: Colt-AR15-Ad-2.jpg~original]

So what is your message? Are you saying the firearm in the ad, designed to propel a .223 cartridge, is somehow a negative? Even when, it was designed to wound enemy soldiers and cannot be used for hunting deer because the round is too small?

Or is it the semi-auto function that is found on nearly all pistols, a significant number of rifles, and many shotguns?

Is it the magazine capable of holding multiple targets, which like the ad says can be used to shoot coyotes and the additional rounds either help finish off the pack or kill an animal that was not slain by the initial round?
18-06-2015, 10:38 AM
(18-06-2015 10:33 AM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 10:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: Colt-AR15-Ad-2.jpg~original]

So what is your message? Are you saying the firearm in the ad, designed to propel a .223 cartridge, is somehow a negative? Even when, it was designed to wound enemy soldiers and cannot be used for hunting deer because the round is too small?

Or is it the semi-auto function that is found on nearly all pistols, a significant number of rifles, and many shotguns?

Is it the magazine capable of holding multiple targets, which like the ad says can be used to shoot coyotes and the additional rounds either help finish off the pack or kill an animal that was not slain by the initial round?

What percentage of the American population are Wyoming ranchers?

What percentage of American gun owners are Wyoming ranchers?

What percentage of AR15 owners are Wyoming ranchers?

Advertising sells images, not products. Firearms companies are no exception.

... this is my signature!
18-06-2015, 10:52 AM
(18-06-2015 10:38 AM)cjlr Wrote:  What percentage of the American population are Wyoming ranchers?

What percentage of American gun owners are Wyoming ranchers?

What percentage of AR15 owners are Wyoming ranchers?

Advertising sells images, not products. Firearms companies are no exception.

Not that many, but the firearm pictured is not very different, in function, from most other firearms. I have an AR-15 because I think it looks cool and if in the highly unlikely need for home defense, I rather have a firearm that is easier to aim, has minimal recoil, and more accurate. Furthermore, if one were to look at crimes committed with AR-15 variants the number sould be below 1%
18-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Please just stop the "when a white person kills someone it's cos he's "crazy"... when a muslim does it he's a "terrorist"" shit. It's a fallacy to compare and generalize so many individual cases of murder. In some there are given agendas, in some there are not.

The reason I think that you see more "terrorist muslim" news incidents/stories is because in the past decade during those incidents the perpetrator actually exclaims justification from their religion and says that is EXACTLY why they are doing it. As well as the most commonly given reason being "you (have wronged) our people".

The Lindt cafe terrorist in Australia was at first said in the news to be "crazy" and not a terrorist or religiously motivated, and then he produced a Shahada at the window.

This guy at first may have seemed crazy, because most murderers do, but then as the incident carries people have learned why he did it, discovered his agenda, then the only reasonable explanation you had gets replaced with even more of a reasonable explanation.

For the record, I think all religiously motivated actions are also related to a mental illness, although not all actions motivated by mental illness are related to religion.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
18-06-2015, 10:54 AM
(18-06-2015 09:58 AM)kim Wrote:  Once again, this has nothing to do with "access to guns"; nothing. It has more to do with who has access to an education which stresses logic and critical thinking, and who has access to mental health care.

Kim is right but assuring that everyone has access to a thorough education and to mental health care is too hard and expensive. It's much easier to blame the guns.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
18-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Another nutter with ignorant parents and a damaged frontal lobe exploits a gun free zone.

Big shock.

Then to add to the absurdity of the Naked Emperor :

NAACP President Cornell William Brooks said in a statement that the gunman is a “coward.”
“The NAACP was founded to fight against racial hatred and we are outraged that 106 years later, we are faced today with another mass hate crime. Our heartfelt prayers and soul-deep condolences go out to the families and community of the victims at Charleston’s historic Emanuel AME Church,” Brooks said in a statement.

“The senselessly slain parishioners were in a church for Wednesday night bible study. There is no greater coward than a criminal who enters a house of God and slaughters innocent people engaged in the study of scripture. Today I mourn as an AME minister, as a student and teacher of scripture, as well as a member of the NAACP.”

And the response of this heart broken atheist and native South Carolinian:

There is no lesser god who abandons his House and allows the slaughter of innocent people engaged in the useless study of a (white) man-made book that has conveniently held them in bondage.

And they blame the gun.

Mental illness and race-baiting come together in a useful cocktail for the Anti-Gun nutters.

I share a certain plane route with the REHVEerand Jessie Jackson, as I do too many times a year---same flight almost the same seats each time---originating from the same place--- and I am certain he will be hustling his ass down here any second to find a microphone (if he isn't stuck in plastic surgery rehab)--- and everytime I see him, he is SO ARROGANT and SO dismissive of other black folks. He is much like our First Family in that way. Use them, but don't ask for one to sit up in First Class with you....

I am sad for those poor families because all they will get from our Christarded Governor is "prayers" and all they will get from their own community is USED. And when I need to protect myself when I travel alone and female, I will thank the opportunists like blue-blood Charleston's Mayor for Life, JOE PECKERHEAD RILEY who will blame an inert object for the violence perpetuated in the frezy of who can claim to care more, and materially do the least.

Everyone loses.

(I didn't edit this a whit' because Im furious and trying to rearrange my own travel plans to Charleston this weekend....so pardon the disjointed rant.)
[+] 1 user Likes Hypatia's post
18-06-2015, 11:06 AM
So much for divine protection what is it with Americans and guns ?
18-06-2015, 11:15 AM
A photo of the suspect Dylann Roof in front of a swamp.

[Image: article-church12-0618.jpg]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ch...-1.2262222
[/quote]

I think the banjo is just out of frame...
[+] 2 users Like Hypatia's post