9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(18-06-2015 11:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So much for divine protection what is it with Americans and guns ?

I am not willing to put my personal well-being in the hands of the police department. Nor am I willing to accept a beating or death just so it's less likely that criminal degenerates are less likely to die or persons that will kill themselves anyways cannot use a gun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 11:38 AM
(18-06-2015 10:54 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 09:58 AM)kim Wrote:  Once again, this has nothing to do with "access to guns"; nothing. It has more to do with who has access to an education which stresses logic and critical thinking, and who has access to mental health care.

Kim is right but assuring that everyone has access to a thorough education and to mental health care is too hard and expensive. It's much easier to blame the guns.

Personally, I like my bandaids to have those little-glow-in-the-dark stars & planets.

Down with education & healthcare: Stary bandaids for everyone!! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-06-2015, 11:51 AM
I don't care where the victims were, to me it's no different than any gathering place. What happened isn't about guns either. It's about a seriously horrifying lack of human empathy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2015, 11:51 AM
9 Dead in SC church shooting
For those of us who live in swamp states, we hope you realize the mentality isn't based on just being near a swamp. That's rather disheartening.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
18-06-2015, 11:59 AM
(18-06-2015 10:33 AM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 10:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: Colt-AR15-Ad-2.jpg~original]

So what is your message? Are you saying the firearm in the ad, designed to propel a .223 cartridge, is somehow a negative? Even when, it was designed to wound enemy soldiers and cannot be used for hunting deer because the round is too small?

Or is it the semi-auto function that is found on nearly all pistols, a significant number of rifles, and many shotguns?

Is it the magazine capable of holding multiple targets, which like the ad says can be used to shoot coyotes and the additional rounds either help finish off the pack or kill an animal that was not slain by the initial round?

Entirely untrue.

A .223 is a very lethal round and is quite capable of taking down humans, and just about any animal in North America - with the exception of brown bears and moose... I've taken whitetail deer with it myself - and it performed splendidly.

The ONLY real advantage of semi-auto operation - is faster acquisition of the next target. Spraying away - seldom accomplishes anything.

Magazine size is completely irrelevant.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 12:00 PM
(18-06-2015 11:51 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  For those of us who live in swamp states, we hope you realize the mentality isn't based on just being near a swamp. That's rather disheartening.

Yahbut --- put swamp together with banjo music -- and you KNOW trouble's a-comin'......

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Not about guns my arse I swear to the god I don't believe in that some of you guys love guns more than your own kids I can smell the panic rising the fear that somehow this will cause tighter controls on firearms I love Americans individually you are some of the nicest people but this gun obsession I find hard to understand I just don't get it
18-06-2015, 12:23 PM
(18-06-2015 11:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't care where the victims were, to me it's no different than any gathering place. What happened isn't about guns either. It's about a seriously horrifying lack of human empathy.

Yea, since when did doing harm to someone become a rational activity?
When did this start?
Did I miss a meeting?
What the fuck? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-06-2015, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 01:03 PM by Hypatia.)
(18-06-2015 12:02 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Not about guns my arse I swear to the god I don't believe in that some of you guys love guns more than your own kids I can smell the panic rising the fear that somehow this will cause tighter controls on firearms I love Americans individually you are some of the nicest people but this gun obsession I find hard to understand I just don't get it

As a Libertarian, former Southern Baptist, it is precisely because I DO love my children that I wish to have ultimate dominion over their bodily safety until such time as they may exercise the right to protect themselves. I wouldn't use the word "sacred" duty, but it skates very close. Wink

I am trained, I am licensed and I am mean as the-Hell-I-wish-were-true if you menace an innocent life.

People who aim at guns as the problem simply have not done their due diligence.

Because it doesn't fit the media narrative, you never do seem to hear about the mom who kills her abusive, estranged husband trying to protect the kids they made together when he turns on them after he gives her three broken ribs and a collapsed eye socket. Who doesn't love their kids more in that scenario? ::She thought he'd love her forever, and never hurt their children...and the police always come lickety-split when you click your heels together and call them on the special hotline! ::

Respectfully, it is a straw man to accuse those of us who wish to protect our liberties of loving guns more than our children. And if there is ANYONE on ANY forum who should be embarrassed to raise that fallacy, its an atheist.

Its only a forum, so to be insulted would be to give your comment more weight than perhaps was intended. Smile I simply hope you will reconsider your false equivalents.

AND TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD>>> YOU ARE INVITED OUT TO MY RANGE ANYTIME AND I WILL PERSONALLY TAKE YOU THROUGH A GIRLS WITH GUNS BOOT CAMP! ITS HIDEOUSLY FUN! ::INSERT GIGGLES:
[+] 1 user Likes Hypatia's post
18-06-2015, 01:11 PM
I guess its just a cultural thing I can understand you might need a gun in the USA but that's because there are so many guns in my honest opinion the right to bear arms was a constitutional error of judgement but its too late now so yes I guess you do need them, guns beget guns I suppose