9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 01:16 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
(18-06-2015 11:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So much for divine protection what is it with Americans and guns ?

The "Divine Protection Plan" was thwarted when the lightening rod the faithful seem to install on every steeple grounded the celestial lightening bolt GAWD sent down to fry his ass before he could get off the first round.

Its like prayer...if GAWD knows the future why are Christians always trying to fuck up his Divine Plan asking for personal shit that CLEARLY throws him off his game?

Lose faith in the "Divine Protection Plan"--- install a lightening rod --- void the warranty on the "Divine Protection Plan".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hypatia's post
18-06-2015, 01:20 PM
(18-06-2015 12:02 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Not about guns my arse I swear to the god I don't believe in that some of you guys love guns more than your own kids I can smell the panic rising the fear that somehow this will cause tighter controls on firearms I love Americans individually you are some of the nicest people but this gun obsession I find hard to understand I just don't get it

Don't have any kids..

Don't really love my guns either. I like having them, and I'm glad it's legal for me to own and carry one at all times.

It's like insurance on your car (should you own one of those) -- you don't ever really expect to be in an accident - and you hope you aren't. In fact - you probably go out of your way to keep from ever using your insurance.

But, should the need arise -- you'll be awfully glad you've got it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 01:30 PM by Chas.)
(18-06-2015 10:38 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 10:33 AM)Gatheist Wrote:  So what is your message? Are you saying the firearm in the ad, designed to propel a .223 cartridge, is somehow a negative? Even when, it was designed to wound enemy soldiers and cannot be used for hunting deer because the round is too small?

Or is it the semi-auto function that is found on nearly all pistols, a significant number of rifles, and many shotguns?

Is it the magazine capable of holding multiple targets, which like the ad says can be used to shoot coyotes and the additional rounds either help finish off the pack or kill an animal that was not slain by the initial round?

What percentage of the American population are Wyoming ranchers?

What percentage of American gun owners are Wyoming ranchers?

What percentage of AR15 owners are Wyoming ranchers?

Advertising sells images, not products. Firearms companies are no exception.

Yes, they are just like every other business selling something. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 01:41 PM
I take your point but would owning a gun have protected the victims of the Washington sniper ? Its a moot subject really the American gun culture is really a deep part of you and very ingrained I guess it would be like telling us Brits not to drink tea
18-06-2015, 01:47 PM
(18-06-2015 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.
Just utter garbage.
The drugs manufacturers are just meeting a demand.
The date rape drug manufacturers are just meeting a demand.
18-06-2015, 02:57 PM
(18-06-2015 01:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.
Just utter garbage.
The drugs manufacturers are just meeting a demand.
The date rape drug manufacturers are just meeting a demand.

Yes -- drug manufacturers do meet a needed, and legitimate demand.

Even the "date rape" drug - Rophynol (rufies) is a sleep inducing drug used to treat insomnia. (lately it's got a blue dye on it - to turn a drink blue to prevent illicit use)

There is no such thing as an "evil" object.

Inanimate objects possess no inherent "goodness" or "badness" to them -- that takes a person to wield said object.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-06-2015, 03:05 PM
(18-06-2015 03:48 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  While one can certainly feel bad for the survivors, the logic of "all powerful" just like when a church burns down for an accidental fire, the logic simply is not there to claim all powerful or all loving only to have innocent people murdered in a monument built to you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../28902017/

[Image: god2_zpsmwxzq6b8.jpeg]
[+] 3 users Like H4ym4n's post
18-06-2015, 04:24 PM
(18-06-2015 01:11 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I guess its just a cultural thing I can understand you might need a gun in the USA but that's because there are so many guns in my honest opinion the right to bear arms was a constitutional error of judgement but its too late now so yes I guess you do need them, guns beget guns I suppose

I'm not a gun nut by any means, but you have to consider that when the American Constitution was written:

(1) They had just recently fought and won a war for their independence, and no way could they have done that if the people didn't own guns;

(2) Because of #1, they were understandably wary of potentially oppressive governments and the potential need to fight another such war;

(3) A significant portion of the population needed to hunt to eat, and/or needed a way to protect their livestock (and themselves) from predators.

It could be argued that none of these apply today, but it was no constitutional error of judgment in the 18th century -- it was an absolute necessity.
18-06-2015, 04:29 PM
(18-06-2015 05:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

BULL FUCKING SHIT,

Leave guns out of this for a second. Blaming demand for the problem is like oil companies say "fuck our responsibility, not our fault".

When you make a product, and it causes problems, you don't use demand to avoid responsibility. This bullshit excuse is is the same reason climate change is affecting our planet. Ethics in business, isn't about blaming the buyer. Ethics is knowing that as a maker of ANY product, that you reduce any possible harm to the public. If you are not doing that you are a fucking selfish dick.

Nothing humans make should be given a taboo as far as business. And as long as humans seek to make a profit off of any product, demand cannot be used as a dodge. You are basically defending greed when you argue bullshit like this.

Just like religion, business has to be forced to do the right thing. Just like Nadar got government to make cars safer. All I am seeing you do with this bullshit is defend a free for all market. Morality is knowing that you also have a responsibility when you sell something as well. Just like we don't sell beer to 5 year olds.

The makers are responsible, just like oil companies are responsible for climate change.

My first husband died drunk driving...by your logic we ought to get rid of cars and booze.

Some asshole killed people at a black church in SC...it happens there, it happened when I lived there. Assholes also set fire to black churches and ram into them with cars.

This is not, I repeat, not about gun manufacturers...course it's always a great day when blame can be spattered like so much shit on the wrong thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-06-2015, 04:36 PM
(18-06-2015 04:24 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 01:11 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I guess its just a cultural thing I can understand you might need a gun in the USA but that's because there are so many guns in my honest opinion the right to bear arms was a constitutional error of judgement but its too late now so yes I guess you do need them, guns beget guns I suppose

I'm not a gun nut by any means, but you have to consider that when the American Constitution was written:

(1) They had just recently fought and won a war for their independence, and no way could they have done that if the people didn't own guns;

(2) Because of #1, they were understandably wary of potentially oppressive governments and the potential need to fight another such war;

(3) A significant portion of the population needed to hunt to eat, and/or needed a way to protect their livestock (and themselves) from predators.

It could be argued that none of these apply today, but it was no constitutional error of judgment in the 18th century -- it was an absolute necessity.
Number 2 is a lost cause. The last military budget was what last year? $700 billion?

Number 3 applies to a tiny population.

It seems like a sensible thing to at the very least confirm that one is not selling a gun to lunatic. But who says the sensible thing is the way of America?

The problem I have with the gun culture. It creates an atmosphere that favors escalation over deescalation.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg