9 Dead in SC church shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: 9 Dead in SC church shooting
Apparently the patches on his jacket in that photo are white supremacist African flags from the apartheid era. So, there's that.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2015, 05:14 PM
(18-06-2015 01:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.
Just utter garbage.
The drugs manufacturers are just meeting a demand.
The date rape drug manufacturers are just meeting a demand.

The date rape manufacturers? Are you fucking high? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-06-2015, 05:15 PM
(18-06-2015 01:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The gun manufacturers are not the problem. Like any manufacturer, they meet a demand.
Just utter garbage.

The date rape drug manufacturers? Are you fucking high? Facepalm

It is a legitimate product that has been misused.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-06-2015, 05:40 PM
(18-06-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 01:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Just utter garbage.

The date rape drug manufacturers? Are you fucking high? Facepalm

OK, fair enough. It's not something that I have researched or ever used or ever had experience of.
But there does seem to be a demand for it, so why aren't there manufacturers that specifically create drugs for this purpose?
Manufacturers merely meeting demand, like you said.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 05:45 PM
(18-06-2015 05:40 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  The date rape drug manufacturers? Are you fucking high? Facepalm

OK, fair enough. It's not something that I have researched or ever used or ever had experience of.
But there does seem to be a demand for it, so why aren't there manufacturers that specifically create drugs for this purpose?
Manufacturers merely meeting demand, like you said.

They aren't selling it legally, as in, the intended use and the reason for manufacture.

They are selling a legal drug on the black market.

Should we stop the manufacture of everything that is used off-label?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-06-2015, 05:52 PM
(18-06-2015 03:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hard to know what to say. But are not mass shootings the norm in America?

No.
18-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Even with that jacket again, it is hard for me to accept much difference between mental illness and delusion because it still amounts to bad logic leading humans to get violent with others.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
18-06-2015, 06:02 PM
(18-06-2015 04:54 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  One of the survivors said "This is inexplicable". BULLSHIT! Horrific yes, and no one sane would want to be witness to it. But, it is unfortunately quite explainable. Too many guns being made, too easy for them to get into the wrong hands. I am fucking tired of "don't blame responsible gun owners". I'M NOT BLAMING RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS. I am blaming the makers who don't give a fuck about the flooded market.

This is simply another industry driven by greed, just like the fossil fuel industry doesn't give a shit about how their product affects the planet.

Expecting any business to care about more than profits is a fool's quest. Shareholders don't give a shit about anything but the bottom line.

By the way, what's in your 401(k) portfolio?
18-06-2015, 06:12 PM
(18-06-2015 05:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No.

I beg to differ.

The average number of mass shootings in the US has tripled in recent years, US Attorney General Eric Holder said at an annual conference of police chiefs on Monday.

The yearly average of mass shootings has tripled from an average of five per year between the years of 2000 and 2008, the attorney general said. At least 12 mass shootings have taken place in 2013.

Holder’s remarks at the annual meeting of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) came the same morning as yet another mass shooting occurrence - this time at a middle school in Sparks, Nevada, where at least two were shot dead early Monday.

Simple Google search for averages.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 06:15 PM
(18-06-2015 06:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 05:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Claiming oil companies are responsible for climate change is like saying McDonalds is responsible for those people in Walmart with the 58 inch waists...

I am unsure when you joke. Is this a joke?

Yes they are asshole. Humans protect resources, those with money protect resources. Who has more money to market and protect those resources, the business owner, or the people convinced they cant live without it?

You are buying into the same fucking argument religion sells. Once it has been proven that there is no such thing as virgin birth, you are the moron who would say "who is it hurting"

Climate change is a FUCKING FACT and humans are causing it by burning fossil fuels and the majority of climate change scientists are saying WE are causing it.

Guns are marketed like candy made like candy and handed out like candy, and only a FUCKING IDIOT would say the amount of gun death is acceptable. If you think guns are not a problem in this country, then you are like liberals who cant understand that they read the same books as fundies.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37