-9 Man.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 02:47 PM by Mr Woof.)
-9 Man.
Hey! Nappa may be a woman.......... before the political correct jump in, please don't accuse me of sexism!

Anyhow Nappa's miserable rating,including my neg point, no matter what, cannot comparatively be all that bad, even if we include those demi gods, the moderators. This got me thinking a bit..........(cue for insult)

I have decided never again to make a neg rep remark and minus point, as I see it far preferable to conduct my battles strictly within the public domain. I am also negating my previous neg/rep points. If I am incapable of tolerating even the worst criticisms, that's my problem and I shouldn't be here. Its as simple as that.

Over the time I have spent on this forum I have also noted reputations rise and drop quite dramatically at the drop of a hat, as former positive votes are negated, as if the 'total person' has changed completely over night. I have never done this, nor plan to start.

Now I can just hear some of you saying 'who cares about rep points'.......well I do think it makes for a more interesting forum, within the limits of common sense.

While I enjoy pleasant banter, there is certainly a place for anger and emotion.
As for popularity.....meh! Its fine yes, certainly may be justified, but its no way everything. Cool

Our meanings,ensconced within dubious joys may well lead to eventual social miseries~~~~Murchovski
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
10-02-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: -9 Man.
Some care about rep rating. I am not fussed.
It's sometimes nice to know people like what you have to say but overall it's no big deal at all.

I agree in the fact that if people get insulted easily then maybe an internet forum isn't for them.

Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
11-02-2013, 06:40 AM
I find the rating's system useful sometimes to distinguish between new people[0-5], reasonable people[5+], and unreasonable people[-anything]. It tends to be a reasonably good predictor, though not perfect, and we all have that issue or two that we aren't quite reasonable about Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
11-02-2013, 07:01 AM
(10-02-2013 02:32 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hey! Nappa may be a woman.......... before the political correct jump in, please don't accuse me of sexism!

That's definitely sexism. An insult to womankind... Wait... then he's a man Dodgy Fuck. I just insulted myself...
11-02-2013, 07:07 AM
(11-02-2013 07:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  I just insulted myself...
Thanks for sparing me the effort.

[Image: tumblr_lsobilijDz1qii6tmo1_500.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-02-2013, 07:20 AM
I have been chewing over our friend Ego®'s comment from yesterday...

(10-02-2013 01:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  You're a narcissist. It's painfully obvious. That's the other reason for being an atheist. One reason is you want to sin, the other is you're pathologically self-important...

Consider

No

Yes

Mods,
Is it possible to to rep myself?

Heart

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Another 'minus man' bad repped be for "spouting stupid things".
How articulate and to the point.

Never fear Vera, there will be abundant more opportunities.

Our meanings,ensconced within dubious joys may well lead to eventual social miseries~~~~Murchovski
11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
(11-02-2013 07:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have been chewing over our friend Ego®'s comment from yesterday...

(10-02-2013 01:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  You're a narcissist. It's painfully obvious. That's the other reason for being an atheist. One reason is you want to sin, the other is you're pathologically self-important...

Consider

No

Yes

Mods,
Is it possible to to rep myself?

Heart
I feel self important. I matter to me. Whats wrong with that? O.o Doesn't mean I care less about other people

The Out Crowd.
11-02-2013, 02:26 PM
(11-02-2013 02:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Never fear Vera, there will be abundant more opportunities.

Amen, brother. But it's getting to resemble shooting fish in a barrel. Not much of a challenge. I guess I'll leave them to insult themselves. Can't be arsed.

Never you mind about neg rep points (or even positives). Some people just throw them around without much thought, or trying to make you rep them back (the positives, obvs... unless we're talking masochists).

"The rep's but the guinea's stamp..."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-02-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 02:45 PM by Mr Woof.)
(11-02-2013 02:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 02:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Never fear Vera, there will be abundant more opportunities.

Amen, brother. But it's getting to resemble shooting fish in a barrel. Not much of a challenge. I guess I'll leave them to insult themselves. Can't be arsed.

Never you mind about neg rep points (or even positives). Some people just throw them around without much thought, or trying to make you rep them back (the positives, obvs... unless we're talking masochists).

"The rep's but the guinea's stamp..."

Thank you my dear; rep points are the last of my concerns, as a sort of weird existentialist.
Vive Albert Camus! Sorry self imposed ban on emoticons!!!! aah! perhaps my Scot's heritage means something to me after all.