9 arguments against the empty tomb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: 9 arguments against the empty tomb
(07-10-2015 06:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is no proof of resurrection and I don't need it. Nobody needs it.
It is enough for me to have faith. When I have faith I act according to it. When I act according to it I become more perfect. There more perfect I am there more I like it.
I was an atheist but one day the Holy Ghost revealed to me that Jesus lives. I was convinced. Before that day no men could convince me that there is God, no men can convince me now that there is no God. But Spirit is my Brother and He is my Friend and He is my Teacher. I trust Him. I follow His council.

I had an imaginary friend once too. I was 3. Then I grew up.
People who have imaginary friends when they are adults are walking the thin line of sanity/insanity.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-10-2015, 08:36 PM
(07-10-2015 11:48 AM)GotIssues Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 11:42 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  * hear (the objections)

The Sanhedrin was never once in all of history called into session on Passover weekend. Not. Once. Thus the entire story was probably made up. The gospels are replete with contradictions and impossible time-frames.There is no ressurection to explain. There was probably no real Paul, and no Jesus. They made it all up. It's all a waste of time to even begin to argue. The gospels are relpete with stories and concerns from late 1st Century Judaism, which would be consistent with a cult hatching from 100 % fiction, or loosly based on one of a number of messiah figures. The gospels are entirely mythical, (as Carrier has pointed out). There was no Jesus to be resurrected. If the Jews and Roman had gone to the trouble to execute someone, and contemporary stories began to circulate that he was alive, they would have looked for him. Matthew said 500 others rose with him and invaded Jerusalem in a zombie invasion. No one in their right mind buys that crap.

Thank you for the typo correction.

Ok but what about the arguments? You do realize that these are arguments against the empty tomb and thus against the claims against Christianity? If you're going to debate someone on this topic it doesn't really do much good to just say "Richard Carrier says it's all fiction". The 9 arguments actually show why the empty tomb is most likely fiction.

Probably the best defense I've ever read for the historicity of an actual human Jesus is by the atheist Tim O'Neill: http://armariummagnus.blogspot.com/2014/...again.html

It really makes no difference whether there was some preacher named Jesus or not.

The Jesus described in the gospels is certainly not real - there is no actual evidence of that Jesus. Everything there is hearsay and fantasy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Wink RE: 9 arguments against the empty tomb
(07-10-2015 08:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:17 PM)GotIssues Wrote:  Yeah, I use the name "Luke" for convenience.

Sure you do. Now. LMAO.
After you mischaracterized my post. You said nothing about it before it, either here or on Reasonable Faith. You're not dishonest. No. Not at all. Facepalm
You don't even know what your ("ancient") sources say in their books.

[Image: o0vqzV5.png]
Bucky got owned
07-10-2015, 08:40 PM
(07-10-2015 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  People who have imaginary friends when they are adults are walking the thin line of sanity/insanity.
I could agree with this.
P.S. Influence of the Holy Ghost is not something I imagine, it is real. It helps me to be more perfect( better person). It(influence of the Holy Ghost) helps me to do right choices.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-10-2015, 09:13 PM
(07-10-2015 08:38 PM)GotIssues Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sure you do. Now. LMAO.
After you mischaracterized my post. You said nothing about it before it, either here or on Reasonable Faith. You're not dishonest. No. Not at all. Facepalm
You don't even know what your ("ancient") sources say in their books.

[Image: o0vqzV5.png]
Bucky got owned

I asked you if you read it. I never said I agreed with him. I don't. Jewish apocalyptic heroes did not necessarily go to heaven. The seven sons of Hanna did not. The Annointed One was not a heavenly being. You just know so little of jewish culture, it's not even worth talking to you. You think whatever you like. You have been "owned" on TTA a number of times. You're not exactly one to be pointing out sources that posters are ignorant of. Casey. In-fucking-deed. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-10-2015, 09:14 PM
(07-10-2015 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  People who have imaginary friends when they are adults are walking the thin line of sanity/insanity.
I could agree with this.
P.S. Influence of the Holy Ghost is not something I imagine, it is real. It helps me to be more perfect( better person). It(influence of the Holy Ghost) helps me to do right choices.

Your imaginary friend is nowhere, except in your imagination.

07-10-2015, 09:23 PM
(07-10-2015 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
I could agree with this.

All psychotic people think their imaginary friends are real. When they get insight into their own hallucinations or delusions, it's a sign that their psychosis is diminishing. You will get well one day.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
08-10-2015, 06:12 AM
(07-10-2015 11:24 AM)GotIssues Wrote:  3. In regards to the burial of Jesus it should be pointed out that the authors of the gospels appear to present their hero Jesus as receiving an increasingly noble rather than a shameful burial. The later additions also attempt to “Christianize” Joseph by making him into a “good guy” but these details are conspicuous in their absence from Mark.

Mark says Joseph of Arimathea was a respected member of the Council (Sanhedrin). Matthew and John turn Joseph into a "disciple" of Jesus. Luke 23:51 says he “had not consented to their decision and action.” Mark has the body wrapped in a newly purchased linen cloth and laid in "a tomb that had been hewn out of the rock." Matthew 27:60 has the variant "in his own NEW tomb, which HE HAD hewn in the rock" - that means Joseph himself or workers commissioned by him hewed out the tomb which is not the case in Mark. Luke 23:53 has "rock-hewn tomb." Matthew says that he laid him in his own tomb and Luke 23:53/John 19:41 notes that it was a tomb "Where no one had ever been laid." All of these are later additions to the oldest Gospel Mark and they are all apologetic attempts to show that Jesus had an honorable burial as opposed to a dishonorable one.

You see that a lot if you read the same story in each of the four gospels in the order they were written. It really rings true if you look at what happened during the entire crucifixion. It's like one of those "fish" stories, where the fish gets bigger each time the story is told.

Nice post, by the way.
08-10-2015, 07:16 AM

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
08-10-2015, 07:23 AM
(07-10-2015 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:38 PM)GotIssues Wrote:  [Image: o0vqzV5.png]
Bucky got owned

I asked you if you read it. I never said I agreed with him. I don't. Jewish apocalyptic heroes did not necessarily go to heaven. The seven sons of Hanna did not. The Annointed One was not a heavenly being. You just know so little of jewish culture, it's not even worth talking to you. You think whatever you like. You have been "owned" on TTA a number of times. You're not exactly one to be pointing out sources that posters are ignorant of. Casey. In-fucking-deed. Facepalm

Sure. Do you often recommend books by authors you don't agree with or do you just make up ad hoc excuses when you get caught blowing smoke?