9 arguments against the empty tomb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: 9 arguments against the empty tomb
(07-10-2015 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  People who have imaginary friends when they are adults are walking the thin line of sanity/insanity.
I could agree with this.
P.S. Influence of the Holy Ghost is not something I imagine, it is real. It helps me to be more perfect( better person). It(influence of the Holy Ghost) helps me to do right choices.

My cat, Cleo, helps me to be a more perfect person too but my cat is real not imaginary.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-10-2015, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 10:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-10-2015 07:23 AM)GotIssues Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I asked you if you read it. I never said I agreed with him. I don't. Jewish apocalyptic heroes did not necessarily go to heaven. The seven sons of Hanna did not. The Annointed One was not a heavenly being. You just know so little of jewish culture, it's not even worth talking to you. You think whatever you like. You have been "owned" on TTA a number of times. You're not exactly one to be pointing out sources that posters are ignorant of. Casey. In-fucking-deed. Facepalm

Sure. Do you often recommend books by authors you don't agree with or do you just make up ad hoc excuses when you get caught blowing smoke?

I recommend authors I respect in general, (unlike you who seems not to have even read the text he's linking to). The concept of "exaltation" was not one that you mentioned in your initial simplistic business of "visions" which, I will admit, after dragging more explanation out of you, you had probably, or may have had in mind, or intended to elaborate on later. Who knows. I respect Ehrman, but disagree with him about many things. It has never even occurred to him that Jesus may have all been a fiction. He did say something very telling once, in reference to Islam, that was enlightening to his views on Christianity. Someone asked him or he made a comment in a talk about about the notion that Islam's origins may have been politically motivated as being "cynical". Well, in fact that is precisely why Judaism was what it was, why Christianity got it's "inflationary" start, and it's precisely why the Arabic Empire pushed Islam ... it served to unify their empires politically. It seems he's rather naieve about political motivations and what they can do. It's very obvious his Fundamentalism has influenced his views. His expertise is NT also, not Ancient Near Eastern Cutures and Langauages. No two people agree on everything. But missing mentioning "exaltation" in reference to "resurrection" when that could very easily been the intent of the authors of the Pauline literature, in that context, was not something I was about to let go by. That was the reason I linked to his book.

However, you and your "Luke" should know all about "ad hoc excuses when caught blowing smoke", now shouldn't you.

Congrats on being banned on Reasonable Faith.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-10-2015, 11:15 AM
(08-10-2015 08:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  I could agree with this.
P.S. Influence of the Holy Ghost is not something I imagine, it is real. It helps me to be more perfect( better person). It(influence of the Holy Ghost) helps me to do right choices.

My cat, Cleo, helps me to be a more perfect person too but my cat is real not imaginary.
I didn't say that only influence of the Holy Ghost helps someone to be a better person. You can influence someone to be a better person.
You can say that the Holy Ghost is something imaginary, but I know that His influence on me is not imaginary but real. I feel it and I want to be a better person, I want to do what is right and what is good.
He also reveals to me things(He gives me ideas, instructions). Later I find out that they are true. This way my trust in the Holy Ghost become stronger and stronger.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-10-2015, 11:19 AM
(07-10-2015 09:23 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  I could agree with this.

All psychotic people think their imaginary friends are real. When they get insight into their own hallucinations or delusions, it's a sign that their psychosis is diminishing. You will get well one day.
Probably, I don't know. But I know that influence of the Holy Ghost is real.
Things that the Holy Ghost instructs me to do are always true so far.
This is why my faith is growing.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Yeah , I think my trust in the tooth fairy is growing stronger too. Or I will be damned with dental pain. The tooth fairy is VERY real.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
08-10-2015, 11:23 AM
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 11:30 AM by GotIssues.)
(08-10-2015 09:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I recommend authors I respect in general, (unlike you who seems not to have even read the text he's linking to). The concept of "exaltation" was not one that you mentioned in your initial simplistic business of "visions" which, I will admit, after dragging more explanation out of you, you had probably, or may have had in mind, or intended to elaborate on later.

You used Ehrman as a source to backup your erroneous statement "Exalted" doesn't mean "exalted to heaven". You got caught. The least you can do is admit you were wrong and made a mistake.

Quote:Who knows. I respect Ehrman, but disagree with him about many things.

Yet you cite him when you don't even know what his position is or what he says in his book. You just quoted Ehrman to look smart. You're a pseudo-intellectual poser that just got your ass handed to you.

Quote:His expertise is NT also, not Ancient Near Eastern Cutures and Langauages. No two people agree on everything.

You use this lame excuse for everything. It's getting quite stale.

Quote:But missing mentioning "exaltation" in reference to "resurrection" when that could very easily been the intent of the authors of the Pauline literature, in that context, was not something I was about to let go by. That was the reason I linked to his book.

Ehrman concludes Paul's letters say Jesus was exalted into heaven. Your "apocalyptic heroes" garbage is just a red herring. We're talking about Jesus here and Ehrman is more qualified to speak on such matters than a whiny brat on the TTA forum.

Quote:However, you and your "Luke" should know all about "ad hoc excuses when caught blowing smoke", now shouldn't you.

Notice how in post #43 I specifically say "the author of Luke and Acts..."
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid873037

You then decide to cherry pick a post I made on another forum where I was using the name "Luke" for convenience. I don't want to type out "the author of Luke" all the time. Does that make sense to you? Or would you prefer that people write out the longest sentences possible on the internet so pretentious dumb-asses like you won't misrepresent what they say? Actually, that probably wouldn't work because, as is evident from this thread, you refuse to accept clarification even though its been presented numerous times.

Quote:Congrats on being banned on Reasonable Faith.

I've actually been reinstated. Thanks
08-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Is this a discussion or a pissing contest?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-10-2015, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 01:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-10-2015 11:24 AM)GotIssues Wrote:  You used Ehrman as a source to backup your erroneous statement "Exalted" doesn't mean "exalted to heaven". You got caught. The least you can do is admit you were wrong and made a mistake.

I used him as a source to reference ''exaltation", a concept you were totally ignorant of, until I referenced you to the book. You referenced us to Casey, saying he was taking about Josephus, you had no clue what he was writing about in the entire book,

....... "You got caught. The least you can do is admit you were wrong and made a mistake."

Quote:Yet you cite him when you don't even know what his position is or what he says in his book. You just quoted Ehrman to look smart. You're a pseudo-intellectual poser that just got your ass handed to you.

Unlike you, who knows nothing about the sources he cites ? You have no clue who or what I am, gramps. You're been here less than two days .... unless you're a sock-puppet ??

Quote:You use this lame excuse for everything. It's getting quite stale.

Yes dear. Whatever you say dear. I used it once.

Quote:Ehrman concludes Paul's letters say Jesus was exalted into heaven. Your "apocalyptic heroes" garbage is just a red herring. We're talking about Jesus here and Ehrman is more qualified to speak on such matters than a whiny brat on the TTA forum.

Yes old man. Whatever you say. Ehrman is not an expert on ancient Jewish culture, (as YOU HAVE NO expertise AT ALL in it, obviously. You think NT scholars, (which is all you know about) are also automatically experts on the OT ... you didn't even know what Friedmann and Schniedewind had written about.

You obviously have invested your whole life in debating apologists. No one cares about them anymore. You hate that. You hate that a brat knows more than you do, gramps.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-10-2015, 12:17 PM
(08-10-2015 11:55 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is this a discussion or a pissing contest?

Yes

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post