9 dead in Biker gang shootout in Texas and OP/ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: 9 dead in Biker gang shootout in Texas and OP/ED
Scream a bit louder -- maybe you'll get your point across....

I know I still don't see it.

A bunch of criminals did something criminal.

Now you want to put some sort of quotas on how many guns can be manufactured and sold.

Yup -- now THAT's logical...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Ah, just read the NYTimes articles about it. Yep, they are (and were) all criminals who were killed & hurt... and 192 arrested. Good.

Round up all non-arrested, remaining gang members and garnished their wages in perpetuity, to pay for medical fees and property damages.

Oh, AND ... revoke their motorcycle licences and impound their bikes for a period of 5 years.

Make them all drive Ford Focuses until they learn how to be adults. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-05-2015, 10:51 AM
(18-05-2015 10:39 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 10:21 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  As one who wouldn't want US gun laws in Denmark I just want to say that Hells Angles, Bandidos, and what the hell all these gangs call themselves still does shit like this. As said it has nothing to do with gun laws or how much money the weapon industry want to earn. If a criminal organisation want guns they'll get guns.

THE FUCK IT DOESN'T

Nobody is fucking arguing criminals will do it anyway. STOP THAT BULLSHIT DODGE.

Go find a Florida waterway with one alligator then find another with 200. Swim in the waterway with one, the risk while still there would be less. Swim in the waterway with 200 it is more likely you will get injured or killed.

IT IS NOT LEGAL VS ILLEGAL SO FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF. Guns are made like candy and pumped out like candy. Legally purchased guns ALSO end up injuring or killing the people using them.

NOBODY is trying to blame all gun owners. I AM BLAMING the makers and the NRA for their marketing. They are still too easy to get no matter legal or illegal.

You have bought their bullshit. Nobody is out to create a fascist state for saying we have a flooded market. KNOCK IT OFF!
Just to be clear. I'm Danish. In Denmark our gun laws are quite strict. As far as I know you have to have a hunters permit or be in a shooting club to have a gun. And they are for hunting only or for sport-shooting if you are in a shooting club. There is a very specific type of rifles you can have that I don't know the definition of. But we are very, very far from assault rifles and such weaponry.
Furthermore I'm very happy about our current laws. I do think US guns laws is crazy. But that's from my cultural point of view.

I don't really understand why you seem so upset in this thread as it seems you want to discuss something not related to the article that the OP posted. Perhaps take it up in another thread. I'm sure the gun-law thread isn't too many pages back.
18-05-2015, 10:59 AM
(18-05-2015 10:45 AM)kim Wrote:  Ah, just read the NYTimes articles about it. Yep, they are (and were) all criminals who were killed & hurt... and 192 arrested. Good.

Round up all non-arrested, remaining gang members and garnished their wages in perpetuity, to pay for medical fees and property damages.

Oh, AND ... revoke their motorcycle licences and impound their bikes for a period of 5 years.

Make them all drive Ford Focuses until they learn how to be adults. Wink

Not enough. This wasn't merely fists, 9 people died. Those who fired guns are not the only ones responsible. The gang leaders should all be charged equally with the shooters even if the leaders didn't pull the trigger themselves. They set up that meeting and they knew it was a criminal activity. The rest of them need to grow up and leave those bullshit gangs. Crime is not glamorous nor should we be worshiping criminals.

There is a huge difference between non violent crime and violent crime. I don't believe in overcharging non violent offenders. But especially when you use a gun and someone ends up dead as a result, I have far less sympathy for you.

And still does not change my point of view that all gun death from legal guns and illegal guns is a DIRECT result of the maker's marketing. Suicides and accidental deaths and injuries from legal guns is still death. It isn't a call to outlaw all guns, but to stop our flooded market.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2015, 11:02 AM
And -- Shouldn't Harley Davidson be blamed as well??? If their marketing wasn't so strong --- and it's the most intensive in the industry - there wouldn't be biker gangs...... and this sort of thing wouldn't happen at all....

(just using your logic)..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-05-2015, 11:08 AM
And btw....

I'm NOT a member of the NRA ---

And the ONLY gun marketing I ever see on TV is from Henry Repeating Rifles -- who build lever action "cowboy" guns..... I don't think they're a criminal's "go to" gun....

And - the local gun shop -- which is a hoot cuz the owner is my neighbor -- so it's odd seeing him on TV....

I don't know what aggressive marketing you're seeing....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-05-2015, 11:11 AM
(18-05-2015 10:51 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 10:39 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  THE FUCK IT DOESN'T

Nobody is fucking arguing criminals will do it anyway. STOP THAT BULLSHIT DODGE.

Go find a Florida waterway with one alligator then find another with 200. Swim in the waterway with one, the risk while still there would be less. Swim in the waterway with 200 it is more likely you will get injured or killed.

IT IS NOT LEGAL VS ILLEGAL SO FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF. Guns are made like candy and pumped out like candy. Legally purchased guns ALSO end up injuring or killing the people using them.

NOBODY is trying to blame all gun owners. I AM BLAMING the makers and the NRA for their marketing. They are still too easy to get no matter legal or illegal.

You have bought their bullshit. Nobody is out to create a fascist state for saying we have a flooded market. KNOCK IT OFF!
Just to be clear. I'm Danish. In Denmark our gun laws are quite strict. As far as I know you have to have a hunters permit or be in a shooting club to have a gun. And they are for hunting only or for sport-shooting if you are in a shooting club. There is a very specific type of rifles you can have that I don't know the definition of. But we are very, very far from assault rifles and such weaponry.
Furthermore I'm very happy about our current laws. I do think US guns laws is crazy. But that's from my cultural point of view.

I don't really understand why you seem so upset in this thread as it seems you want to discuss something not related to the article that the OP posted. Perhaps take it up in another thread. I'm sure the gun-law thread isn't too many pages back.

Um no, my opinion is not about just this story, it is about our society's LONG TERM love of an object and lack of pragmatism. This is simply more dead people added to a long list because of a greedy industry refusing to take responsibility for the fear they sell.

These gun deaths are still gun deaths. My opinion IS related to this story and I am pointing to the industry who is to blame for our childish wild west climate. This is simply one event in a bad climate.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
18-05-2015, 11:15 AM
And you'd fix this HOW??

18-05-2015, 11:16 AM
(18-05-2015 11:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And -- Shouldn't Harley Davidson be blamed as well??? If their marketing wasn't so strong --- and it's the most intensive in the industry - there wouldn't be biker gangs...... and this sort of thing wouldn't happen at all....

(just using your logic)..

STOP being a fucking childish brat. If Harley were making bikes with machine guns on them like tanks yes. Stop stupidly mixing apples and oranges.

Fuck off, no one is fooled by your childish fear mongering dodges.

NOBODY IS OUT TO GET YOU you childish paranoid gullible fuck.

I am not your fucking enemy. The makers marketing and greed in selling fear is OUR enemy. Daffy is playing you you gullible fuck.

18-05-2015, 11:18 AM
(18-05-2015 11:11 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 10:51 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Just to be clear. I'm Danish. In Denmark our gun laws are quite strict. As far as I know you have to have a hunters permit or be in a shooting club to have a gun. And they are for hunting only or for sport-shooting if you are in a shooting club. There is a very specific type of rifles you can have that I don't know the definition of. But we are very, very far from assault rifles and such weaponry.

Um no, my opinion is not about just this story, it is about our society's LONG TERM love of an object and lack of pragmatism. This is simply more dead people added to a long list because of a greedy industry refusing to take responsibility for the fear they sell.

These gun deaths are still gun deaths. My opinion IS related to this story and I am pointing to the industry who is to blame for our childish wild west climate. This is simply one event in a bad climate.
Oh fuck I just realised that you are the OP. In which case I'm sorry that I thought you where somewhat derailing the thread.

I'm a bit busted today. My bad.