9 dead in Biker gang shootout in Texas and OP/ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: 9 dead in Biker gang shootout in Texas and OP/ED
(18-05-2015 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Waco wasn't a target.

It was the OK Corral.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-05-2015, 07:03 PM
(18-05-2015 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It was the OK Corral.

Actually, that is the first thing I thought! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-05-2015, 07:12 PM
(18-05-2015 12:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Somebody go down there and get EscapeArtist the fuck out of WACO pronto.

Eh, I'm fine. Big Grin

Besides, can't leave my job. Been here for nearly 10 years.

18-05-2015, 07:17 PM

It was the OK Corral.

Only the Hollywood version....

The real deal, was over in about 10 seconds and wasn't anywhere as exciting as the movie......

Of course -- that's the whole "wild west"......

Reality doesn't stack up to a good movie...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-05-2015, 07:37 PM
(18-05-2015 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's a reason the biker gang things chose Waco. Wasn't an accidental or happenstance encounter.

It was at a location where there had been regular gatherings of such groups. It was requested that they not be allowed any longer. The bar franchise owner opted not to listen to the authorities. Waco isn't the issue here. A really poor decision was made by the people running the bar. If anyone was looking for money on this deal it was the franchisees, not the NRA or any arms manufacturers.

Waco wasn't a target.

Haven't followed any of the details, so not sure what I'm missing. But, how can you blame the bar for not turning away customers? The authorities tell them not to let these people in? Are they compensating the bar for lost business? And, what of the rights of the bikers? If they are wanted criminals, they should have been locked up. If they weren't, there is no way to stop them.

The after the fact blame is always easy, but I find it really tough to believe the bar knew this would happen. The rush to judgment by the media and authorities is typical but I doubt it's really justified.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-05-2015, 08:21 PM
(18-05-2015 07:37 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It was at a location where there had been regular gatherings of such groups. It was requested that they not be allowed any longer. The bar franchise owner opted not to listen to the authorities. Waco isn't the issue here. A really poor decision was made by the people running the bar. If anyone was looking for money on this deal it was the franchisees, not the NRA or any arms manufacturers.

Waco wasn't a target.

Haven't followed any of the details, so not sure what I'm missing. But, how can you blame the bar for not turning away customers? The authorities tell them not to let these people in? Are they compensating the bar for lost business? And, what of the rights of the bikers? If they are wanted criminals, they should have been locked up. If they weren't, there is no way to stop them.

The after the fact blame is always easy, but I find it really tough to believe the bar knew this would happen. The rush to judgment by the media and authorities is typical but I doubt it's really justified.

The manager of the restaurant was informed by local police that they had reason to believe that this "recruiting" event was going to be taking place and that it'd turn out badly. The manager chose to ignore this and continue to serve these customers. I understand they didn't want to turn away the money, but now the manager is no longer a franchisee and has no business at all.

18-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Why were the police not on the scene in advance if they were so worried?

It just doesn't make sense to me that this is all on the business owner.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-05-2015, 08:29 PM
(18-05-2015 08:26 PM)BnW Wrote:  Why were the police not on the scene in advance if they were so worried?

It just doesn't make sense to me that this is all on the business owner.

The police were on the scene. They were outside. The fight started in the bathroom.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-05-2015, 08:31 PM

It was the OK Corral.

Wrong state.

Still couldn't carry a gun into Tombstone when I used to party there. Could open carry most anywhere else, just not Tombstone. But damn they had some fun bars back in the mid-80s.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
18-05-2015, 08:37 PM
(18-05-2015 03:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 03:04 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  According to whom? It was my understanding that a significant proportion of the arms used by cartels were actually stolen from the military, both in Mexico itself and also from the militaries of its neighbors, including our own.

Obviously civilian gun control laws would not be able to address that source.

The ATF, why do you think they started the Gun walker program under G.W.?

So, let's see your numbers. You've claimed that most guns in Mexico came from America. In order to verify that claim, we'll need total number of guns in Mexico, and a breakdown of source nations. Sources would be nice, as well.