9 out of 10 doubt evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 09:51 AM
9 out of 10 doubt evolution?
Today on Austrian breakfest radio in a panaroma journal show that covers various issues, one topic discussed was that a recent study found that 9 out of 10 Americans doubt evolution......

That cant be true!!! 4 out of 10 and 5 out of 10 I would believe, but 9?! That?s 90% of the population.

I couldnt find the study on the internet so I ask here if anyone had heard of this.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: 9 out of 10 doubt evolution?
9 out of 10 radio journalists make up statistics.

Yes

ps, I liked 'breakfest'... that sounds like fun.

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
17-02-2014, 09:55 AM
It's actually 1 out of 3.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Yeah, i'd say "citation or GTFO" since that sounds like bullshit.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-02-2014, 09:58 AM
(17-02-2014 09:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  9 out of 10 radio journalists make up statistics.

Yes

The number is way too high but it's certainly not that high by any reliable study I've ever seen the results of.

And also that "lol America is dumb" always makes for good light entertainment in most of the world. The facts are not really the point.

... this is my signature!
17-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Maybe in the south...
But not America as a whole. I'd agree with 1 out of 3 or maybe 1 out of 2.
We're stupid, but not that stupid.

Atir aissom atir imon
17-02-2014, 10:17 AM
They can't be that bad. More like one third of Americans don't believe in evolution. http://www.livescience.com/42251-politic...elief.html

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
17-02-2014, 12:28 PM
72.486% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
17-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Evolution. well let see after reading my comment would you believe in evolution or not. so you claim that man came from evolution or is there any revised version of your evolution theory. Lol. I mean i am searching on evolution and every time i met with ppl every one provide me a different theory and call it revised theory. Now what is your theory of evolution?

Well let us suppose man came from evolution but how this evolution took place? do you also claim that we came from nothing?. or do u claim that there was something before this universe. I am still wondering to know the exact evolution theory. I just want to know from where life come on this earth. Well if we evolve from monkey then from where these monkeys come? Still not finding suitable answer. Kindly explain you evolution theory.

(17-02-2014 09:51 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Today on Austrian breakfest radio in a panaroma journal show that covers various issues, one topic discussed was that a recent study found that 9 out of 10 Americans doubt evolution......

That cant be true!!! 4 out of 10 and 5 out of 10 I would believe, but 9?! That?s 90% of the population.

I couldnt find the study on the internet so I ask here if anyone had heard of this.
17-02-2014, 12:46 PM
(17-02-2014 12:30 PM)khuram Wrote:  Evolution. well let see after reading my comment would you believe in evolution or not. so you claim that man came from evolution or is there any revised version of your evolution theory. Lol. I mean i am searching on evolution and every time i met with ppl every one provide me a different theory and call it revised theory. Now what is your theory of evolution?

Well let us suppose man came from evolution but how this evolution took place? do you also claim that we came from nothing?. or do u claim that there was something before this universe. I am still wondering to know the exact evolution theory. I just want to know from where life come on this earth. Well if we evolve from monkey then from where these monkeys come? Still not finding suitable answer. Kindly explain you evolution theory.

(17-02-2014 09:51 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Today on Austrian breakfest radio in a panaroma journal show that covers various issues, one topic discussed was that a recent study found that 9 out of 10 Americans doubt evolution......

I see what a compelling argument. Too bad literally every scientist who is not working for an agenda driven public relations outfit like the Discovery Institute or AiG agree that evolution through natural selection is how life developed on this planet. Go be stupid somewhere else or better yet go read a real science book and learn something.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post