9 out of 10 doubt evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: 9 out of 10 doubt evolution?
(17-02-2014 12:30 PM)khuram Wrote:  Evolution. well let see after reading my comment would you believe in evolution or not. so you claim that man came from evolution or is there any revised version of your evolution theory. Lol. I mean i am searching on evolution and every time i met with ppl every one provide me a different theory and call it revised theory. Now what is your theory of evolution?

Well let us suppose man came from evolution but how this evolution took place? do you also claim that we came from nothing?. or do u claim that there was something before this universe. I am still wondering to know the exact evolution theory. I just want to know from where life come on this earth. Well if we evolve from monkey then from where these monkeys come? Still not finding suitable answer. Kindly explain you evolution theory.

I have a better idea.

Maybe you should read a book?

Wait - I've got even better idea. You don't even need a book. You have an internet connection:
Start here, then get back to us.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 01:00 PM
(17-02-2014 12:30 PM)khuram Wrote:  Evolution. well let see after reading my comment would you believe in evolution or not. so you claim that man came from evolution or is there any revised version of your evolution theory. Lol. I mean i am searching on evolution and every time i met with ppl every one provide me a different theory and call it revised theory. Now what is your theory of evolution?

Well let us suppose man came from evolution but how this evolution took place? do you also claim that we came from nothing?. or do u claim that there was something before this universe. I am still wondering to know the exact evolution theory. I just want to know from where life come on this earth. Well if we evolve from monkey then from where these monkeys come? Still not finding suitable answer. Kindly explain you evolution theory.

You're dumb. I don't like you. Bye.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
17-02-2014, 01:18 PM
No, that's bullshit. I don't remember what the actually poll results were, but I remember that the general disparity between the percentage that did and didn't believe in evolution was somewhere around 10% (with a surprising number also claiming they didn't know/ hadn't decided).

[Image: giphy.gif]
17-02-2014, 02:07 PM

Wow! Again with this?

From evolution to...
ex nihilo to...
big bang to ...
abiogenesis...

... in 4 easy non-sequiturial steps.

I call Poe!

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Austrian breakfast sounds delicious.
17-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Watch this.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 05:23 PM
It may come down to how the question is worded. For example:
Q1. Do you accept that the diversity of species on earth is best explained by the theory of evolution by means of natural selection?
A. Yes.
Ok, Q2. Could you be wrong about that?
A. Ahh, I guess so?
I'll just put you down as a "doubter" then.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
17-02-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 05:47 PM by rampant.a.i..)
9 out of 10 doubt evolution?

(17-02-2014 09:51 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Today on Austrian breakfest radio in a panaroma journal show that covers various issues, one topic discussed was that a recent study found that 9 out of 10 Americans doubt evolution......

That cant be true!!! 4 out of 10 and 5 out of 10 I would believe, but 9?! That?s 90% of the population.

I couldnt find the study on the internet so I ask here if anyone had heard of this.

Your post shows you lack even a basic understanding of the theory you're rejecting.

"MISCONCEPTION: The theory of evolution is flawed, but scientists won't admit it.

CORRECTION: Scientists have studied the supposed "flaws" that anti-evolution groups claim exist in evolutionary theory and have found no support for these claims. These "flaws" are based on misunderstandings of evolutionary theory or misrepresentations of the evidence. As scientists gather new evidence and as new perspectives emerge, evolutionary theory continues to be refined, but that doesn't mean that the theory is flawed. Science is a competitive endeavor, and scientists would be eager to study and correct "flaws" in evolutionary theory if they existed. For more on how evolutionary theory changes, see our misconception on this topic above.

MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is a theory in crisis and is collapsing as scientists lose confidence in it.

CORRECTION: Evolutionary theory is not in crisis; scientists accept evolution as the best explanation for life's diversity because of the multiple lines of evidence supporting it, its broad power to explain biological phenomena, and its ability to make accurate predictions in a wide variety of situations. Scientists do not debate whether evolution took place, but they do debate many details of how evolution occurred and occurs in different circumstances. Antievolutionists may hear the debates about how evolution occurs and misinterpret them as debates about whether evolution occurs. Evolution is sound science and is treated accordingly by scientists and scholars worldwide.

MISCONCEPTION: Most biologists have rejected ‘Darwinism' and no longer agree with the ideas put forth by Darwin and Wallace.

CORRECTION: It is true that we have learned a lot about evolution since Darwin's time. Today, we understand the genetic basis for the inheritance of traits, we can date many events in the fossil record to within a few hundred thousand years, and we can study how evolution has shaped development at a molecular level. These advances — ones that Darwin likely could not have imagined — have expanded evolutionary theory and made it much more powerful; however, they have not overturned the basic principles of evolution by natural selection and common ancestry that Darwin and Wallace laid out, but have simply added to them. It's important to keep in mind that elaboration, modification, and expansion of scientific theories is a normal part of the process of science. For more on how evolutionary theory changes, see our misconception on this topic above."

Knock yourself out: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary...ns_faq.php

" 1. Did we evolve from monkeys?

Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/librar...cat02.html

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
17-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Re: 9 out of 10 doubt evolution?
What do they mean by doubt? That's possibly some point they're making but the numbers who accept/disbelieve is more close to the 50/50 range.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-02-2014, 08:11 PM
I read the tittle and inmediatly put my WTF face on! Kind of like Silverman's face when O' Reilly tells him about the tides goin in and out Ohmy

It really doesn't matter how many people believe evolution is true since it is not a matter of belief and I woudln't waste too many arguments on someone who does not accept the theory of evolution because I've experienced most of the times is like talking to a a wall.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!