9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 01:51 AM by JDog554.)
9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident
Well, while i'm all for being allowed to own a gun for self defense, this is where right to bear arms goes a bit too far. A 9 year old girl in Arizona shot and killed an instructor on a gun range when the recoil from an Uzi submachine gun caused her to lose control and shoot the instructor in the head. 'Murica at it's finest I suppose Undecided Who in their right mind would give a 9 year old girl a gun, an Uzi none the less.

http://news.yahoo.com/girl-nine-kills-arizona-shooting-instructor-uzi-accident-202638510.html

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-08-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: 9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident
There are people in this country who are obsessed with the idea that there will be a complete meltdown of society within their lifetime. (doomsday preppers) They collect rations/supplies, build extensive bunkers, and most importantly (to them) amass an arsenal of automatic weapons.
The theory is you've got to be the baddest dude on the block to survive the hordes of insane people who will try to take your shit.
Part of this mentality is that you should learn how to use weapons at a young age, so you'll be prepared when the zombies come.

That said, I believe it's not an entirely bad idea to own a gun (something reasonable) for protection. It's also a good idea to keep extra food/supplies on hand in case of emergencies.
Taking your 9 year old daughter to a range to learn how to fire an Uzi is not a good idea.
Having a restaurant with a firing range out back where the kids can fire live ammo from automatic weapons is ridiculously careless, and foolish.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
27-08-2014, 02:46 AM
(27-08-2014 02:43 AM)pablo Wrote:  There are people in this country who are obsessed with the idea that there will be a complete meltdown of society within their lifetime. (doomsday preppers) They collect rations/supplies, build extensive bunkers, and most importantly (to them) amass an arsenal of automatic weapons.
The theory is you've got to be the baddest dude on the block to survive the hordes of insane people who will try to take your shit.
Part of this mentality is that you should learn how to use weapons at a young age, so you'll be prepared when the zombies come.

That said, I believe it's not an entirely bad idea to own a gun (something reasonable) for protection. It's also a good idea to keep extra food/supplies on hand in case of emergencies.
Taking your 9 year old daughter to a range to learn how to fire an Uzi is not a good idea.
Having a restaurant with a firing range out back where the kids can fire live ammo from automatic weapons is ridiculously careless, and foolish.

I don't get those people but I agree. Bad enough her parents were there and they were ok with this. Makes me worry about the next generation of humans.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-08-2014, 03:08 AM
(27-08-2014 02:46 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't get those people but I agree. Bad enough her parents were there and they were ok with this. Makes me worry about the next generation of humans.

With parents like these, many of their children won't live to breeding age, or at least won't get to breed.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
27-08-2014, 03:11 AM
(27-08-2014 01:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well, while i'm all for being allowed to own a gun for self defense, this is where right to bear arms goes a bit too far. A 9 year old girl in Arizona shot and killed an instructor on a gun range when the recoil from an Uzi submachine gun caused her to lose control and shoot the instructor in the head. 'Murica at it's finest I suppose Undecided Who in their right mind would give a 9 year old girl a gun, an Uzi none the less.

http://news.yahoo.com/girl-nine-kills-arizona-shooting-instructor-uzi-accident-202638510.html

Wait...

I

WHAT?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-08-2014, 03:17 AM
(27-08-2014 03:08 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 02:46 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't get those people but I agree. Bad enough her parents were there and they were ok with this. Makes me worry about the next generation of humans.

With parents like these, many of their children won't live to breeding age, or at least won't get to breed.

True which is both good and bad at the same time.

(27-08-2014 03:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 01:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well, while i'm all for being allowed to own a gun for self defense, this is where right to bear arms goes a bit too far. A 9 year old girl in Arizona shot and killed an instructor on a gun range when the recoil from an Uzi submachine gun caused her to lose control and shoot the instructor in the head. 'Murica at it's finest I suppose Undecided Who in their right mind would give a 9 year old girl a gun, an Uzi none the less.

Wait...

I

WHAT?!

I know!

27-08-2014, 04:53 AM
Facepalm

The first time I shot a gun I was about 7 years old, it was .22 And I was under a very watchful eye, had received loads of instruction and assistance and watched what the others did many times before hand.

I received my own BB gun at age 10 and was given full permission to roam our property with it (a couple acres) all by myself. By that point my parents knew that I understood the concept of ricochet and that it will injure, and blind, and kill.

About age 10, I was also permitted to shoot my dads .357 pistol. For those that don't know, it's a big one. He assisted me, again, loads of safety instruction, etc. He wouldn't let me shoot the shotgun till I was older ( heavier) because of the kickback, and after seeing a bruise on someone's shoulder because they didn't have it firmly in their shoulder, I never wanted to.

Guns and shooting isn't a horrible thing, but it does require common sense. Sadly, many people lack it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
27-08-2014, 05:01 AM
(27-08-2014 04:53 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Facepalm

The first time I shot a gun I was about 7 years old, it was .22 And I was under a very watchful eye, had received loads of instruction and assistance and watched what the others did many times before hand.

I received my own BB gun at age 10 and was given full permission to roam our property with it (a couple acres) all by myself. By that point my parents knew that I understood the concept of ricochet and that it will injure, and blind, and kill.

About age 10, I was also permitted to shoot my dads .357 pistol. For those that don't know, it's a big one. He assisted me, again, loads of safety instruction, etc. He wouldn't let me shoot the shotgun till I was older ( heavier) because of the kickback, and after seeing a bruise on someone's shoulder because they didn't have it firmly in their shoulder, I never wanted to.

Guns and shooting isn't a horrible thing, but it does require common sense. Sadly, many people lack it.

Common sense is rare these days unfortunately.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-08-2014, 05:50 AM
(27-08-2014 05:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 04:53 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Facepalm

Common sense is rare these days unfortunately.

The Darwin Awards, the gene pools way of flushing and making things right again. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
27-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Holy fuck, how come something like "must be 5 ft tall or 12 years old" wasn't already a policy? Who thought that putting it on FULLY-AUTOMATIC, then hovering above the 9 year old novice shooter, was a good idea!?

And watching the clip with the article, you know that they caught that instrutor being ventilated on their phone camera. Fuck, I bet that girl will have nightmares and need counseling for years after this...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]