9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: 9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident
(28-08-2014 01:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 10:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No doubt people will try to make this a gun issue when it clearly isn't.
Any idiot knows not to give a learning 9year old girl (or just a 9 year old girl in general or any 9 year old for that matter) a fucking full automatic machine pistol... I've never fired anything bigger than a .22 in my life and I know this, that guy was a fucking gun instructor...

Darwinism in action.

Well it is a gun issue insofar as it highlights just how little regulation there is surrounding these weapons. Nothing that was being done was illegal, just incredibly stupid. In any other instance involving any other scenario where this happens (9 year old accidentally kills her instructor) OSHA (occupational health and safety administration) would come in and investigate to see if A: The accident was preventable and B: Whether health and safety laws were being followed. In this instance A is a definite Yes, don't give a fucking 9 year old a fully automatic weapon ffs, and B is yes all current laws were followed. Under normal situations when a preventable accident does not fall under current health and safety regulations they fucking change the regulations to cover the oversight. That will not happen here cause 'merica 'n freedom.

I don't see it as that big of a deal (being a lack of regulation that is).
Pretty much everything now-a-days is heavily regulated for safety concerns, it's ridiculous. And it's not done for safety it's done so people don't get sued.
If the world wasn't so padded then maybe people would have to use their common sense a bit more and they might get used to actually using it. It seems to be a lost art, using your common sense that is.

This was just an isolated case involving someone who should have known better doing something he shouldn't have been. If anything, it's lucky that he was the one that got shot and not the little girl or her parents or any innocent bystander. At the end of the day his own stupid caught up to him.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm wondering if the little girl was influenced by this -

28-08-2014, 09:49 AM
(28-08-2014 03:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well other than Chuck Norris, if someone comes barging into a building your in and start shooting, a gun would be a better defensive weapon instead of your hands especially if the shooter is long range. Chuck Norris would just block the bullets with his hands and kick the dude's head off.

No guns are not. First some one can attack you outside of your home. Most of the time out side of your house you don't have a gun and some one attacks you and you depend on your gun for self defense what are you going to do? Let him kill you. And what are you going to do when you are outside of your home and want to defend your self, bring a gun where ever you go?

Second, some people are fast and crazy. These people tend to run through bullets and when they are right near you and grab what will you do next, you depend on your gun only instead of martial arts and your gun? Nothing but let this man stab you to death.

Third you instead of using a pistol, use a shot gun, but oh no the person attacking you in your house(yes house I know you are not going to run around outside your home with a shot gun unless at a shooting range) missed all the shells and you have to reload. While you are reloading he attacks you and your are dead. This could have been avoided if you learned martial arts as well.

Fourth, you visit a country in which guns are illegal, and while there some one attacks you. You have no gun and yet you do not know any martial art, welp hope you wrote a will before hand, because you are dead

Fifth, you are walk down a side walk enjoying the outside world, with a gun hidden in your pocket because you have permission too, and you notice someone with a knife running at you from about 15 feet away. You don't know martial arts, and you try to pull out your gun but before you can you are tackled and stabbed to death.

I could go on about many situations where knowing martial arts would be more convenient then owning a gun. I am not saying guns are a bad form of self defense, nor am I saying that you should attack someone with a gun while they are far away(all fighters should know it is better to run then). However in reality, martial arts are better then guns because it serves more situations, and if you know your gun does not work you can use your martial arts instead.

There is a reason why brazilian slaves where able to beat their slave masters with capoeira while having nothing but that

There is a reason soldiers in thailand used mauy thai even in war

There is a reason soldiers learn martial arts

Also chuch norris sucks.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-08-2014, 10:03 AM
(28-08-2014 09:49 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 03:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well other than Chuck Norris, if someone comes barging into a building your in and start shooting, a gun would be a better defensive weapon instead of your hands especially if the shooter is long range. Chuck Norris would just block the bullets with his hands and kick the dude's head off.

No guns are not. First some one can attack you outside of your home. Most of the time out side of your house you don't have a gun

Many people generally carry a firearm outside the home.

Quote: and some one attacks you and you depend on your gun for self defense what are you going to do? Let him kill you. And what are you going to do when you are outside of your home and want to defend your self, bring a gun where ever you go?

Many people do generally carry a firearm.

Many people are not capable of utilizing martial arts at all.

Quote:Second, some people are fast and crazy. These people tend to run through bullets and when they are right near you and grab what will you do next, you depend on your gun only instead of martial arts and your gun? Nothing but let this man stab you to death.

I think you watch too many movies. No one can dodge bullets.

Quote:Third you instead of using a pistol, use a shot gun, but oh no the person attacking you in your house(yes house I know you are not going to run around outside your home with a shot gun unless at a shooting range) missed all the shells and you have to reload. While you are reloading he attacks you and your are dead. This could have been avoided if you learned martial arts as well.

A shotgun used for defense will typically have at least 5 shells, usually more. Pretty tough to miss every time in close quarters.

You are over-estimating the generality of the value of martial arts - size, weight, and strength are not nullified by martial arts.

Quote:Fourth, you visit a country in which guns are illegal, and while there some one attacks you. You have no gun and yet you do not know any martial art, welp hope you wrote a will before hand, because you are dead

Yes, in all of those cases having martial arts training is better than not having it. It's just not a panacea.

Quote:Fifth, you are walk down a side walk enjoying the outside world, with a gun hidden in your pocket because you have permission too, and you notice someone with a knife running at you from about 15 feet away. You don't know martial arts, and you try to pull out your gun but before you can you are tackled and stabbed to death.

Or not. Side step, retreat, fend off the attack.

Quote:I could go on about many situations where knowing martial arts would be more convenient then owning a gun. I am not saying guns are a bad form of self defense, nor am I saying that you should attack someone with a gun while they are far away(all fighters should know it is better to run then). However in reality, martial arts are better then guns because it serves more situations, and if you know your gun does not work you can use your martial arts instead.

Except guns are more effective than martial arts for more people.

Quote:There is a reason why brazilian slaves where able to beat their slave masters with capoeira while having nothing but that

Also chuch norris sucks.

Yes, people learn martial arts because they are useful. So are firearms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:Many people do generally carry a firearm.

And when they have no luck with the gun and have to reload. This is why it is good to know martial arts if you are a gun trainer. And those who can't and have no disabilities can if they train hard enough.

Quote:I think you watch too many movies. No one can dodge bullets.

Will it is a good thing I never mentioned dodging bullets. People have been known to run through gun bullets and still attack. Some people take a while to go down after being shot, and those people can attack once you can't do anything because you did not even practice basic martial arts.
Quote:A shotgun used for defense will typically have at least 5 shells, usually more. Pretty tough to miss every time in close quarters.

You are over-estimating the generality of the value of martial arts - size, weight, and strength are not nullified by martial arts.

Well size, weight, and strength can be nullified by martial arts. Judo teach people to take down those who are bigger than them.

See here the bigger guy lost to the smaller, lighter guy. Martial arts is about skill first, strength second
[quote]

It is never that simple. Seeing as he can move fast enough to reach you before you pull out your gun, he can also move with you grab you, then stab you. It would be better to counter him instead of running from someone who is not only insane but fast(martial arts would help with this)
Quote:Except guns are more effective than martial arts for more people.
which is sad seeing as martial arts can help with health as well. Maybe if you have a disease or a disability I can understand, but if not, practice, learn and keep trying until you get it. Being to lazy to take martial arts is no excuse. If you have no money, find a friend that can help you learn the basics.
Quote:[quote]

Never said firearms were not useful, but martial arts can be used in more situations then fire arms(seeing as many countries you can't own a gun anyway).

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-08-2014, 11:33 AM
(28-08-2014 11:10 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
Quote:Many people do generally carry a firearm.

And when they have no luck with the gun and have to reload. This is why it is good to know martial arts if you are a gun trainer. And those who can't and have no disabilities can if they train hard enough.

Quote:I think you watch too many movies. No one can dodge bullets.

Will it is a good thing I never mentioned dodging bullets. People have been known to run through gun bullets and still attack. Some people take a while to go down after being shot, and those people can attack once you can't do anything because you did not even practice basic martial arts.
Quote:A shotgun used for defense will typically have at least 5 shells, usually more. Pretty tough to miss every time in close quarters.

Well size, weight, and strength can be nullified by martial arts. Judo teach people to take down those who are bigger than them.

See here the bigger guy lost to the smaller, lighter guy. Martial arts is about skill first, strength second
[quote]

It is never that simple. Seeing as he can move fast enough to reach you before you pull out your gun, he can also move with you grab you, then stab you. It would be better to counter him instead of running from someone who is not only insane but fast(martial arts would help with this)
Quote:Except guns are more effective than martial arts for more people.
which is sad seeing as martial arts can help with health as well. Maybe if you have a disease or a disability I can understand, but if not, practice, learn and keep trying until you get it. Being to lazy to take martial arts is no excuse. If you have no money, find a friend that can help you learn the basics.
Quote:[quote]

Never said firearms were not useful, but martial arts can be used in more situations then fire arms(seeing as many countries you can't own a gun anyway).

Life is not a kung-fu film nor an anime martial arts are not the end all be all and yes a gun does trump them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-08-2014, 11:46 AM
(28-08-2014 09:49 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

No guns are not. First some one can attack you outside of your home. Most of the time out side of your house you don't have a gun and some one attacks you and you depend on your gun for self defense what are you going to do? Let him kill you. And what are you going to do when you are outside of your home and want to defend your self, bring a gun where ever you go?

Second, some people are fast and crazy. These people tend to run through bullets and when they are right near you and grab what will you do next, you depend on your gun only instead of martial arts and your gun? Nothing but let this man stab you to death.

Third you instead of using a pistol, use a shot gun, but oh no the person attacking you in your house(yes house I know you are not going to run around outside your home with a shot gun unless at a shooting range) missed all the shells and you have to reload. While you are reloading he attacks you and your are dead. This could have been avoided if you learned martial arts as well.

Fourth, you visit a country in which guns are illegal, and while there some one attacks you. You have no gun and yet you do not know any martial art, welp hope you wrote a will before hand, because you are dead

Fifth, you are walk down a side walk enjoying the outside world, with a gun hidden in your pocket because you have permission too, and you notice someone with a knife running at you from about 15 feet away. You don't know martial arts, and you try to pull out your gun but before you can you are tackled and stabbed to death.

I could go on about many situations where knowing martial arts would be more convenient then owning a gun. I am not saying guns are a bad form of self defense, nor am I saying that you should attack someone with a gun while they are far away(all fighters should know it is better to run then). However in reality, martial arts are better then guns because it serves more situations, and if you know your gun does not work you can use your martial arts instead.

There is a reason why brazilian slaves where able to beat their slave masters with capoeira while having nothing but that

Also chuch norris sucks.

There is also a reason soldiers do not go to war without guns. I'm not saying knowing martial arts is a bad thing, but more often you'll run into situations where a gun can protect you a lot better than martial arts. There are compact personal defense pistols that you can carry with you almost anywhere if you have a concealed carry permit. What if there are multiple suspects? With a gun you can get into cover and defend yourself without exposing yourself, with martial arts you can only take on one guy while the others shoot you. Martial Arts rely on close quarters combat only where as guns can protect you from near or far.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-08-2014, 01:20 PM
(28-08-2014 11:46 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:49 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No guns are not. First some one can attack you outside of your home. Most of the time out side of your house you don't have a gun and some one attacks you and you depend on your gun for self defense what are you going to do? Let him kill you. And what are you going to do when you are outside of your home and want to defend your self, bring a gun where ever you go?

Also chuch norris sucks.

There is also a reason soldiers do not go to war without guns. I'm not saying knowing martial arts is a bad thing, but more often you'll run into situations where a gun can protect you a lot better than martial arts. There are compact personal defense pistols that you can carry with you almost anywhere if you have a concealed carry permit. What if there are multiple suspects? With a gun you can get into cover and defend yourself without exposing yourself, with martial arts you can only take on one guy while the others shoot you. Martial Arts rely on close quarters combat only where as guns can protect you from near or far.

This is another reason why people need to realize guns can't do what martials can. Guns can in fact protect you from far sure, but up close, unless it is a shotgun no. You want to know why we don't want to teach psycopaths martial arts? Because when they know it disarming a gun will be easy, especially since they don't fear being shot. As you said martial arts are close quarters, and most martial arts also deal with removing guns from opponents even if they are behind you.

Also if you are fighting multiple opponents having a gun makes no difference weather they have a gun or not. There is only so much ammo you have and when you run out what are you going to do. When every one runs out what are they going to do? Go and attack you, and you don't know martial arts. Welp you are dead.

Lets also add the fact your gun can jam on you.

This is what you can do if you know martial arts:

You can disarm close range guns.

Far range you run and hide, and once they run out of ammo and are still trying to attack you, your martial arts come in handy.

You see you can defend your self without a gun period, but with a gun you are going to need martial arts to back it up. Guns do work but martial arts work in more situations.

28-08-2014, 01:22 PM
(28-08-2014 01:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 11:46 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  There is also a reason soldiers do not go to war without guns. I'm not saying knowing martial arts is a bad thing, but more often you'll run into situations where a gun can protect you a lot better than martial arts. There are compact personal defense pistols that you can carry with you almost anywhere if you have a concealed carry permit. What if there are multiple suspects? With a gun you can get into cover and defend yourself without exposing yourself, with martial arts you can only take on one guy while the others shoot you. Martial Arts rely on close quarters combat only where as guns can protect you from near or far.

This is another reason why people need to realize guns can't do what martials can. Guns can in fact protect you from far sure, but up close, unless it is a shotgun no. You want to know why we don't want to teach psycopaths martial arts? Because when they know it disarming a gun will be easy, especially since they don't fear being shot. As you said martial arts are close quarters, and most martial arts also deal with removing guns from opponents even if they are behind you.

Also if you are fighting multiple opponents having a gun makes no difference weather they have a gun or not. There is only so much ammo you have and when you run out what are you going to do. When every one runs out what are they going to do? Go and attack you, and you don't know martial arts. Welp you are dead.

Far range you run and hide, and once they run out of ammo and are still trying to attack you, your martial arts come in handy.

You see you can defend your self without a gun period, but with a gun you are going to need martial arts to back it up. Guns do work but martial arts work in more situations.

No, you are again putting far too much faith in what are essentially parlor tricks. There is a reason you are issued an M16 when you are deployed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-08-2014, 01:25 PM
(28-08-2014 01:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:20 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This is another reason why people need to realize guns can't do what martials can. Guns can in fact protect you from far sure, but up close, unless it is a shotgun no. You want to know why we don't want to teach psycopaths martial arts? Because when they know it disarming a gun will be easy, especially since they don't fear being shot. As you said martial arts are close quarters, and most martial arts also deal with removing guns from opponents even if they are behind you.

No, you are again putting far too much faith in what are essentially parlor tricks. There is a reason you are issued an M16 when you are deployed.

You think I am talking about war? No I am not, I am talking about self-defense. And if you think these are parlor tricks, try it out on some one who knows krav maga. I mean if it is just a parlor trick, one can clearly pull a gun at that range one a krav maga practitioner and not get hit.