9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: 9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident
(28-08-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, you are again putting far too much faith in what are essentially parlor tricks. There is a reason you are issued an M16 when you are deployed.

You think I am talking about war? No I am not, I am talking about self-defense. And if you think these are parlor tricks, try it out on some one who knows krav maga. I mean if it is just a parlor trick, one can clearly pull a gun at that range one a krav maga practitioner and not get hit.

In the real world I would take the guy with the gun 9 times out of 10.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 01:32 PM
(28-08-2014 01:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You think I am talking about war? No I am not, I am talking about self-defense. And if you think these are parlor tricks, try it out on some one who knows krav maga. I mean if it is just a parlor trick, one can clearly pull a gun at that range one a krav maga practitioner and not get hit.

In the real world I would take the guy with the gun 9 times out of 10.

No you would not. Because of this, reflexes. People who train for years have an instinct in attacking immediately once the fell a gun barrel, faster then the eye can blink.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-08-2014, 01:38 PM
(28-08-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, you are again putting far too much faith in what are essentially parlor tricks. There is a reason you are issued an M16 when you are deployed.

You think I am talking about war? No I am not, I am talking about self-defense. And if you think these are parlor tricks, try it out on some one who knows krav maga. I mean if it is just a parlor trick, one can clearly pull a gun at that range one a krav maga practitioner and not get hit.

You are ignoring the fact that size, weight, age, and condition limit far more people, far more severely than you imagine.

I have martial arts experience and I'm in decent shape, but I'm also short, not so young, and handicapped.
A big guy would kick my ass. Hell, a a fit young woman would probably kick my ass. Dodgy

And more than one assailant?

I'll carry a gun.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2014, 01:42 PM
(28-08-2014 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In the real world I would take the guy with the gun 9 times out of 10.

No you would not. Because of this, reflexes. People who train for years have an instinct in attacking immediately once the fell a gun barrel, faster then the eye can blink.

He's not going to get close enough. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm actually starting to like these stories.
Stupid Americans shooting themselves, it provide a good laugh.

It's a great reminder why NZ shouldn't go down the path of stupid.
28-08-2014, 01:47 PM
(28-08-2014 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You think I am talking about war? No I am not, I am talking about self-defense. And if you think these are parlor tricks, try it out on some one who knows krav maga. I mean if it is just a parlor trick, one can clearly pull a gun at that range one a krav maga practitioner and not get hit.

You are ignoring the fact that size, weight, age, and condition limit far more people, far more severely than you imagine.

I have martial arts experience and I'm in decent shape, but I'm also short, not so young, and handicapped.
A big guy would kick my ass. Hell, a a fit young woman would probably kick my ass. Dodgy

I'll carry a gun.

I did mention in my reply to you that people with disabilities I can understand. Being short is no excuse, hell in capoeira being short can be a plus. Old, well I have seen old people kick ass, but I guess I can add this one. Handicapped I can understand.

Also a gun does not guarantee safety. Hell even if only one has a gun the other charging at you will be faster. Plus the gun can jam. If you are going to bring a gun, bring a shotgun.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-08-2014, 01:48 PM
(28-08-2014 01:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I'm actually starting to like these stories.

So tuatara capital made guns illegal?

28-08-2014, 01:52 PM
(28-08-2014 01:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No you would not. Because of this, reflexes. People who train for years have an instinct in attacking immediately once the fell a gun barrel, faster then the eye can blink.

He's not going to get close enough. Drinking Beverage

Even then, you would have to be 11 ft, and at the moment all good martial artist know when to run.

28-08-2014, 01:52 PM
(28-08-2014 01:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are ignoring the fact that size, weight, age, and condition limit far more people, far more severely than you imagine.

I'll carry a gun.

I did mention in my reply to you that people with disabilities I can understand. Being short is no excuse, hell in capoeira being short can be a plus. Old, well I have seen old people kick ass, but I guess I can add this one. Handicapped I can understand.

Also a gun does not guarantee safety. Hell even if only one has a gun the other charging at you will be faster. Plus the gun can jam. If you are going to bring a gun, bring a shotgun.

Nothing guarantees safety.

I don't think you understand the concept of 'concealed carry' and you underestimate the stopping power of modern hollow point ammunition.

28-08-2014, 01:55 PM
(28-08-2014 01:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 01:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I'm actually starting to like these stories.

So tuatara capital made guns illegal?
We have sensible gun restriction laws.