9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: 9 year old girl kills shooting instructor with Uzi in accident
(28-08-2014 09:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That didn't address any of the downfalls of martial arts I pointed out.

That is because you showed the only legitimate one, if they are at a distance. Martial arts classes teach you that if some one is far away with a gun run. Also how far is the attacker with the gun? This is something I must know as well. If his arm is even close to yours well that is a stupid move, if his arms are out of reach run, or trick him into getting closer.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 09:33 PM
(28-08-2014 09:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That didn't address any of the downfalls of martial arts I pointed out.

That is because you showed the only legitimate one, if they are at a distance. Martial arts classes teach you that if some one is far away with a gun run. Also how far is the attacker with the gun? This is something I must know as well. If his arm is even close to yours well that is a stupid move, if his arms are out of reach run, or trick him into getting closer.

You run he will shoot you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-08-2014, 09:36 PM
(28-08-2014 09:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 08:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If anything I should only really go to why know martial arts makes owning a gun easier. You see a gun is a good weapon but it is not the best you are. There is a reason it comes as a last resort. When your gun does not work but you have a chance to defend your self you know martial arts. Let me put it like this in two situations.

Non-martial arts gun owner: This man is able to own a concealed weapon and he is walking to his car, then some one attacks him from behind. This man tries to reach for the gun but he can't because the attacker won't let him. The attacker eventually pins him down and beats the crap out of him or worst killing him

A martial arts gun owner: This woman is able to own a concealed weapon and she is walking to her car, then some one attacks her from behind. She is a fast capoeira practitioner and has learned how to attack some one while some one is striking her from behind. She is able to knock the guy down and get away as fast as she can and pull out the gun she has, thus ultimately able to teach the attacker not to fuck with her whether it be close range or far range, from front or behind.

As you can see even if you depend mostly on the gun, knowing close range martial arts combat can help making the gun easier to use whether it be getting away from the attacker to get time to pull it out, making sure even if the gun fails and there is not enough time to attack, or to stop the opponent completely and saving ammo for another day.

English is not your native language? Consider

I ask because "...but knowing martial arts makes owning a gun easier." doesn't make sense to me.

When I say makes owning a gun easier, I am saying that you can handle situations better, where if there is a moment your gun does not work you can martial arts your way out of there and use your gun. If you can handle the situation with your gun only that is good, but many times you will have to slam some one before the shot.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-08-2014, 09:39 PM
(28-08-2014 09:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is because you showed the only legitimate one, if they are at a distance. Martial arts classes teach you that if some one is far away with a gun run. Also how far is the attacker with the gun? This is something I must know as well. If his arm is even close to yours well that is a stupid move, if his arms are out of reach run, or trick him into getting closer.

You run he will shoot you.

That is why you run behind something.

28-08-2014, 09:47 PM
(28-08-2014 09:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  English is not your native language? Consider

I ask because "...but knowing martial arts makes owning a gun easier." doesn't make sense to me.

When I say makes owning a gun easier, I am saying that you can handle situations better, where if there is a moment your gun does not work you can martial arts your way out of there and use your gun. If you can handle the situation with your gun only that is good, but many times you will have to slam some one before the shot.

If I can slam the sumbitch, I certainly don't need to shoot him. In fact, that could be seen as murder.

Look, quit selling. I haven't once said that martial arts training isn't useful. You're just over-selling it

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(28-08-2014 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I can slam the sumbitch, I certainly don't need to shoot him. In fact, that could be seen as murder.

How hard to you slam people chas? Blink Well I think I drove my point home, its good to use both. Strangely my original point about the kid knowing martial arts was to learn balance more then for self-defense reasons. Welp guess that is it.

28-08-2014, 09:57 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

Quote:Nation Debates Extremely Complex Issue of Children Firing Military Weapons

Quote:“Every now and then, the nation debates an issue that is so complicated and tricky it defies easy answers,” says pollster Davis Logsdon. “Letting small children fire automatic weapons is such an issue.”

Logsdon says that the thorny controversy is reminiscent of another ongoing national debate, about whether it is a good idea to load a car with dynamite and drive it into a tree.

“Many Americans think it’s a terrible idea, but others believe that with the correct supervision, it’s perfectly fine,” he says. “Who’s to say who’s right?”

Before someone who doesn't know asks, yes, Andy Borowitz is a satirist.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
28-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Hmm, sorry MZ but I'm English and a pretty vocal critic of America's crazy gun hard-on, but even I think you're over-stating this whole "gun vs martial arts" thing.

The only way I would rather be a martial arts expert as opposed to a gun owner when being mugged is if the other dude had a gun and was kinda nervous/twitchy. Then I'd rather not have a gun because, if he's pointing his at me and I don't even have mine in my hand, mine is pretty much useless. The only thing it may do is provoke him into shooting me because he's more likely to perceive me as a threat. And even in that one single situation it's not that I wanna be a martial arts expert, it's that I just don't want the gun.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-08-2014, 10:40 PM
(28-08-2014 09:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

The stupid is strong in this one.

And I didn't show one, I gave you several examples. How is an elderly person or some stick women or some preteen suppose to defend themselves against some big aggressive (probably on drugs) assailant? It doesn't matter how much martial arts you know, they're gonna overpower you. Martial arts are about skill but you need power to back up that skill.

And it doesn't matter how far away they are, they could be arms length or 50 feet, a trigger finger is a quicker reaction than grabbing the gun, ESPECIALLY if it's concealed in his pocket or something.

And what if there's more than one? That's often the case. What if they all have guns? or knives? You can defend yourself against 5 guys if you have a gun, you can't if you have just your fists.

Run? Are you serious? You're gonna outrun a bullet? What if he's faster, then you've made matters worse. Also, what if he knows better martial arts then you? You've made matters worse.

"trick him to get close"

[Image: LOLOLOLOLOL.+Comment+thum.b+boobs_1d752d_3356740.gif]

You dumb fuck! Idiot statement of the month.

Quote:That is why you run behind something.

Oh Jesus H Christ, just when I thought you used up all your stupid...
*wipes tear from eye*

[Image: You-are-so-dumb.gif]

[Image: oscar.png]
31-08-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm all for guns, but really you have to think before you give your 9 year old child a sub machine gun, yes America can have guns just much stricter laws bad background checks but I really don't care lol I want to move to England anyway