90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: 90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS
(17-09-2014 09:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 04:49 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  What really shows just how bankrupt this is is that TotalBiscuit came out and said the he didn't know if the accusations were true, but that if they were that was corruption and corruption is bad. He was attacked by the feminist journalists.

I can't be sure whether Res Publica ever raped and murdered a young girl. I don't think so, but I don't know if the accusations are true. Maybe he did rape and murder a young girl. He probably didn't, but if he did rape and murder a young girl, then that's bad. Raping and murdering young girls is bad, and RP shouldn't have done it.

Perhaps this will give you a hint as to how disingenuous that kind of statement is.

If someone found a dead girl who had been raped in my backyard, or I been close or in a relationship with her at the time, maybe such a line of inquiry might be justified.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 11:38 AM
(14-09-2014 05:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  #Gamergate fails all 4
Uh, no, it doesn't. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-09-2014, 11:47 AM
(18-09-2014 11:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 05:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  #Gamergate fails all 4
Uh, no, it doesn't. Consider

If you dig down to the actual facts it really does.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-09-2014, 12:02 PM
(18-09-2014 11:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you dig down to the actual facts it really does.
Does it? I invite you to read this article - all of it - and then come back and tell me there is nothing to the Gamergate 'cause.' You don't strike me as the type who would advocate the ridiculous censorship surrounding this whole mess.

18-09-2014, 12:12 PM
(18-09-2014 12:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 11:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you dig down to the actual facts it really does.
Does it? I invite you to read this article - all of it - and then come back and tell me there is nothing to the Gamergate 'cause.' You don't strike me as the type who would advocate the ridiculous censorship surrounding this whole mess.

This is the tripe that you read? Here's the first quote:
Quote:use https://8chan.co/burgers/ while the sjw mod on /v/ and /pol/ is throwing his ban-happy shitfit over #gamergate threads!! (he does it for free)
Ya, *that's* an unbiased source right there.

Then a castigation of the sorry state of journalism, ironically followed by a list of unsubstantiated accusations against Zoe Quinn. Fuck Vos, what kinda shit is this?

Just lost a lot of respect for you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-09-2014, 12:17 PM
(18-09-2014 12:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  This is the tripe that you read? Here's the first quote:
Quote:use https://8chan.co/burgers/ while the sjw mod on /v/ and /pol/ is throwing his ban-happy shitfit over #gamergate threads!! (he does it for free)

Then a castigation of the sorry state of journalism, ironically followed by a list of unsubstantiated accusations against Zoe Quinn. Fuck Vos, what kinda shit is this?

This is a textbook example of intellectual laziness. If you had bothered to actually read the whole article and look at the evidence (e.g. the screenshots) instead of dismissing its content based on the first sentence, you would have noticed that they are, in fact, not unsubstantiated.

18-09-2014, 12:24 PM
(18-09-2014 12:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 12:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  This is the tripe that you read? Here's the first quote:

This is a textbook example of intellectual laziness. If you had bothered to actually read the whole article and look at the evidence (e.g. the screenshots) instead of dismissing its content based on the first sentence, you would have noticed that they are, in fact, not unsubstantiated.

Or you could read the other side which has the benefit of not needing an insane conspiracy theory. An unbiased look at #Gamergate shows it was a non-issue that turned into wholesale character assassination begun by a jilted ex-boyfriend.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-09-2014, 12:25 PM
(18-09-2014 12:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Dear Christ. The article consists of lunatic ravings. OK I challenge you as I challenged Res. Prove to me that Zoe Quinn is a radical feminist (or feminazi) as alleged in your so-unbiased article. I'm not gonna read some fucktard's phd thesis. You're making the claim, you substantiate it. Find me one directly attributed quote, *one* piece of evidence that this is the case.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Have *you* read Zoe Quinn's response to this shit Vos? Or is she just like, so fucken untrustworthy that you wouldn't want to risk contaminating yourself? Rev posted the link somewhere earlier. Don't know where. Will go look for it.

18-09-2014, 12:36 PM
(18-09-2014 12:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  Have *you* read Zoe Quinn's response to this shit Vos? Or is she just like, so fucken untrustworthy that you wouldn't want to risk contaminating yourself? Rev posted the link somewhere earlier. Don't know where. Will go look for it.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post