90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: 90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS
(18-09-2014 12:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Or you could read the other side which has the benefit of not needing an insane conspiracy theory. An unbiased look at #Gamergate shows it was a non-issue that turned into wholesale character assassination begun by a jilted ex-boyfriend.
The other side, meaning, the side which has been engaging in massive censorship of criticism on 4chan and reddit? That other side? Consider

(18-09-2014 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Dear Christ. The article consists of lunatic ravings. OK I challenge you as I challenged Res. Prove to me that Zoe Quinn is a radical feminist (or feminazi) as alleged in your so-unbiased article. I'm not gonna read some fucktard's phd thesis.
Thanks for proving my point about your intellectual laziness.

(18-09-2014 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're making the claim, you substantiate it. Find me one directly attributed quote, *one* piece of evidence that this is the case.
I never claimed that Zoe Quinn is a "radical feminist" or "feminazi," so there's that.

(18-09-2014 12:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  Have *you* read Zoe Quinn's response to this shit Vos? Or is she just like, so fucken untrustworthy that you wouldn't want to risk contaminating yourself? Rev posted the link somewhere earlier. Don't know where. Will go look for it.
Ok, let me get this straight. You're too lazy to read my source, yet you expect me to read yours? That's wild. And for the record, yes, I have read it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
18-09-2014, 12:44 PM
A possibly less biased source concerning the #GamerGate thing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-09-2014, 12:46 PM
(18-09-2014 12:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  A possibly less biased source concerning the #GamerGate thing.

"The neutrality of this article is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (September 2014)"

Thumbsup

18-09-2014, 12:48 PM
(18-09-2014 12:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 12:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  A possibly less biased source concerning the #GamerGate thing.

"The neutrality of this article is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (September 2014)"

Thumbsup

Well the 9/11 truthers say the same thing. Funny how a popular conspiracy theory works.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-09-2014, 12:50 PM
(18-09-2014 12:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well the 9/11 truthers say the same thing. Funny how a popular conspiracy theory works.
That's nice and all, except that there is no such notice on the 9/11 article on Wikipedia.

18-09-2014, 12:51 PM
(18-09-2014 12:42 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Thanks for proving my point about your intellectual laziness.
Lack of desire to read crap makes me intellectually lazy. Right. You have succeeded in making me dislike you. Funny that. I always thought you were an OK guy. In one last attempt to get you to understand: you linked to an obviously biased article of several pages length containing ridiculous claims. It's the equivalent of ArcticSage claiming that anyone who didn't read his rambling shit about the Holocaust was unqualified to comment. I assessed your source as shit and therefore I will not waste time reading it.

Quote:
(18-09-2014 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're making the claim, you substantiate it. Find me one directly attributed quote, *one* piece of evidence that this is the case.
I never claimed that Zoe Quinn is a "radical feminist" or "feminazi," so there's that.
You said the article was factual, so there's *that*. I picked one of the "factual" claims of the article and asked you to substantiate it, not *even* a difficult one. So there's that.

Quote:
(18-09-2014 12:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  Have *you* read Zoe Quinn's response to this shit Vos? Or is she just like, so fucken untrustworthy that you wouldn't want to risk contaminating yourself? Rev posted the link somewhere earlier. Don't know where. Will go look for it.
Ok, let me get this straight. You're too lazy to read my source, yet you expect me to read yours? That's wild. And for the record, yes, I have read it.
Ah, and your opinion of it was? The contrast between me expecting you to read mine and not reading yours was *intentional*. I expected you to refuse to read it, and then I intended to bitchslap you.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Further to this "you are lazy unless you read pages of drivel" thing. When I link an article to prove a point I usually try to extract a few quotes that show the point, and link the article in case someone is interested to dig deeper. You *could* do that, since you yourself have obviously read and understood the article in deeper ways than any of us intellectually lazy types could possibly do.

Oh by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_Truth_movement

Which *does* have a nice little disclaimer message (not quite the same as the #GamerGate article, I will admit).

18-09-2014, 01:07 PM
(18-09-2014 12:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  In one last attempt to get you to understand: you linked to an obviously biased article of several pages length containing ridiculous claims. It's the equivalent of ArcticSage claiming that anyone who didn't read his rambling shit about the Holocaust was unqualified to comment. I assessed your source as shit and therefore I will not waste time reading it.
I don't see why I should give your assessment any consideration, given that you admit to not having read the article.

(18-09-2014 12:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  You said the article was factual, so there's *that*. I picked one of the "factual" claims of the article and asked you to substantiate it, not *even* a difficult one. So there's that.
No, I never said that the article was factual either. And for the record, the article does substantiate that claim, something you would know, had you bothered to actually read it.

(18-09-2014 12:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ah, and your opinion of it was? The contrast between me expecting you to read mine and not reading yours was *intentional*. I expected you to refuse to read it, and then I intended to bitchslap you.
That didn't work out too well, now, did it? As for the other matter, I don't think my opinion is relevant.

(18-09-2014 12:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  You have succeeded in making me dislike you. Funny that. I always thought you were an OK guy.
I'm sorry, morondog, but I'm afraid I'll have to end it here, given that you are making this discussion as personal as Revenant previously did.

18-09-2014, 01:15 PM
(18-09-2014 01:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm sorry, morondog, but I'm afraid I'll have to end it here, given that you are making this discussion as personal as Revenant previously did.
Damn right it's personal. Someone I liked and respected turns out to be... well whatever. By all means, let's end it here.

18-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Here's another article that explains the whole GamerGate issue in great detail: https://github.com/GamerGateOP/GamerGate...ter/FAQ.md