90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: 90 second guide to Determine if Your Internet Cause Is BS
(18-09-2014 02:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Here's another article that explains the whole GamerGate issue in great detail: https://github.com/GamerGateOP/GamerGate...ter/FAQ.md

Quote:A: Currently this is about three semi-related subjects: Ethics in journalism, censorship, and biased coverage (both suppressing negative coverage about journalism itself, and pushing an extremist Social Justice Warrior [SJW] agenda). We will address these three issues further down, but first to address the biggest question those new to this are probably thinking about:

And it hits every buzzword. This is going to be head up the ass stupid. Yeah this was written by some 13 year old.

Quote:Zoe herself was apparently quite happy about the DDoS with tweets like: "oops we DDOS'ed something on accident", "I like how a conversation between me and @legobutts resulted in accidentally crashing an exploitative startup's website" and "Lol we blew up the site and it's returning over quota errors HOW FUCKING APPROPRIATE". This is an example of the double standards we mentioned above: Harassment is wrong, unless done by us.

By this "logic" George Takei is a terrorist for all the websites he has crashed by mentioning them on his facebook page. This is your unbiased source Vosur? Son I am disappoint.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2014 02:43 PM by Vosur.)
(18-09-2014 02:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 02:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Here's another article that explains the whole GamerGate issue in great detail: https://github.com/GamerGateOP/GamerGate...ter/FAQ.md

Quote:A: Currently this is about three semi-related subjects: Ethics in journalism, censorship, and biased coverage (both suppressing negative coverage about journalism itself, and pushing an extremist Social Justice Warrior [SJW] agenda). We will address these three issues further down, but first to address the biggest question those new to this are probably thinking about:

And it hits every buzzword. This is going to be head up the ass stupid. Yeah this was written by some 13 year old.

Quote:Zoe herself was apparently quite happy about the DDoS with tweets like: "oops we DDOS'ed something on accident", "I like how a conversation between me and @legobutts resulted in accidentally crashing an exploitative startup's website" and "Lol we blew up the site and it's returning over quota errors HOW FUCKING APPROPRIATE". This is an example of the double standards we mentioned above: Harassment is wrong, unless done by us.

By this "logic" George Takei is a terrorist for all the websites he has crashed by mentioning them on his facebook page. This is your unbiased source Vosur? Son I am disappoint.
I appreciate your considerate and thorough refutation of the evidence provided by the article. I also admire your ability to read it in its entirety in a mere six minutes.

No, but seriously, what are you even talking about? He quotes her as saying that she "likes" that it happened; how is that not evidence that she is "apparently quite happy" that it happened?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
18-09-2014, 02:43 PM
(18-09-2014 02:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 02:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And it hits every buzzword. This is going to be head up the ass stupid. Yeah this was written by some 13 year old.

I appreciate your considerate and thorough refutation of the evidence provided by the article. I also admire your ability to read it in its entirety in a mere six minutes.

No, but seriously, what are you even talking about? He quotes her as saying that she "likes" that it happened; how is that not evidence that she is "apparently quite happy" that it happened?

I read everything he wrote I just didn't go down his numerous links. As for refutation if AiG were to get Ddos'd there would be people on here laughing about it to. Considering the attacks she had been receiving it's of no surprise she would enjoy some of the trolls getting a bit back at them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-09-2014, 02:49 PM
(18-09-2014 02:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I read everything he wrote I just didn't go down his numerous links.
Let me get this straight. After reading through the entire article, you only have a single objection, which, as demonstrated earlier, isn't even valid to begin with?

(18-09-2014 02:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As for refutation if AiG were to get Ddos'd there would be people on here laughing about it to. Considering the attacks she had been receiving it's of no surprise she would enjoy some of the trolls getting a bit back at them.
How does that address the point the author of the article made, namely that she is fine with harassment, so long as it's aimed at her opponents? If anything, what you said only confirms it.

18-09-2014, 02:53 PM
(18-09-2014 02:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 02:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I read everything he wrote I just didn't go down his numerous links.
Let me get this straight. After reading through the entire article, you only have a single objection, which, as demonstrated earlier, isn't even valid to begin with?

(18-09-2014 02:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As for refutation if AiG were to get Ddos'd there would be people on here laughing about it to. Considering the attacks she had been receiving it's of no surprise she would enjoy some of the trolls getting a bit back at them.
How does that address the point the author of the article made, namely that she is fine with harassment, so long as it's aimed at her opponents? If anything, what you said only confirms it.

Oh no she is a fallible human being. Considering the threats made to her laughing because an attack site went down is rather tame now isn't it? What the fuck are you even arguing here Vosur? That Zoe Quinn should be held to an impossible standard when she was being subjected to the kind of hate and constant harassment that is usually reserved for child molesters? I have yet to see anything actually proving the allegations against her btw so I will add the word falsely to her alleged "crimes".

Given all that a couple of tweets laughing that someone is getting a taste of their own medicine does not prove anything.

18-09-2014, 03:03 PM
(18-09-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh no she is a fallible human being. Considering the threats made to her laughing because an attack site went down is rather tame now isn't it? What the fuck are you even arguing here Vosur? That Zoe Quinn should be held to an impossible standard when she was being subjected to the kind of hate and constant harassment that is usually reserved for child molesters?
All I'm doing is arguing against the objection you raised to one of the article's points. You seem to have conceded that you were wrong about that and are now attempting to argue about its significance instead.

(18-09-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have yet to see anything actually proving the allegations against her btw so I will add the word falsely to her alleged "crimes".
That's because you, as per your own admission, didn't bother to look at the links offered in support of these allegations.

In addition to that, the author of the article acknowledged that "some of these allegations against Zoe have since been disproved."

How's that for biased? Consider

(18-09-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given all that a couple of tweets laughing that someone is getting a taste of their own medicine does not prove anything.
Yes, it does. It proves that she is a hypocrite because she opposes harassment when it's aimed at her peers, but is in favor of it when it's aimed at her opposition.

18-09-2014, 03:05 PM
(18-09-2014 03:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh no she is a fallible human being. Considering the threats made to her laughing because an attack site went down is rather tame now isn't it? What the fuck are you even arguing here Vosur? That Zoe Quinn should be held to an impossible standard when she was being subjected to the kind of hate and constant harassment that is usually reserved for child molesters?
All I'm doing is arguing against the objection you raised to one of the article's points. You seem to have conceded that you were wrong about that and are now attempting to argue about its significance instead.

(18-09-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have yet to see anything actually proving the allegations against her btw so I will add the word falsely to her alleged "crimes".
That's because you, as per your own admission, didn't bother to look at the links offered in support of these allegations.

In addition to that, the author of the article acknowledged that "some of these allegations against Zoe have since been disproved."

How's that for biased? Consider

(18-09-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given all that a couple of tweets laughing that someone is getting a taste of their own medicine does not prove anything.
Yes, it does. It proves that she is a hypocrite because she opposes harassment when it's aimed at her peers, but is in favor of it when it's aimed at her opposition.

In the same way that counter protestors of the WBC protests are just as bad.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-09-2014, 03:08 PM
(18-09-2014 03:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In the same way that counter protestors of the WBC protests are just as bad.
Yes, some of them are. Those who announced that they would picket the funeral of the late Fred Phelps are themselves no better than the members of the WBC.

18-09-2014, 03:11 PM
(18-09-2014 03:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 03:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In the same way that counter protestors of the WBC protests are just as bad.
Yes, some of them are. Those who announced that they would picket the funeral of the late Fred Phelps are themselves no better than the members of the WBC.

At least Fred Phelps had actually done something to be a target of a protest. Unlike nearly all the victims of the WBC. So there's that.

18-09-2014, 03:13 PM
(18-09-2014 03:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  At least Fred Phelps had actually done something to be a target of a protest. Unlike nearly all the victims of the WBC. So there's that.
I don't see how that is relevant to the issue of whether or not doing something you fervently condemn in others yourself makes you a hypocrite.